40 Series Registry (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For a 1965 FJ40, the VIN plate is located on the firewall.

1565715203406.png

Later models are located on the fender while even later models are located in the door jam.

does anyone know where the three speed transmission model number or date code are located at on it?

@Brian/99uzj100 I am not familiar how the CA DMV works but here in NC it was really simple. I called the NCDMV and asked for a history of the FJ40 I purchased and I received full records, copies of sales receipts and old titles from all the previous owners and the original selling dealership as well. Made for interesting reading and the records are part of the vehicle history I am keeping in a binder with build and repair photos and other receipts.

David, I mailed my REQUEST FOR RECORD INFORMATION forms on July 23rd, I'm still waiting...
I talked with someone in technical support because the online search didn't work for me, and they transferred me to records, then they told me what form to fill out and mail with $5.

I also googled Toyota dealerships and used the code on the top line of my warranty card, but no info came up.

Here's a more complete warranty card someone posted online. That's how I found out the top # is a dealer code.
IMG_2288.PNG

David, I mailed my REQUEST FOR RECORD INFORMATION forms on July 23rd, I'm still waiting...
I talked with someone in technical support because the online search didn't work for me, and they transferred me to records, then they told me what form to fill out and mail with $5.

I also googled Toyota dealerships and used the code on the top line of my warranty card, but no info came up.

Here's a more complete warranty card someone posted online. That's how I found out the top # is a dealer code.View attachment 2057756

Sorry, you live in California. Good luck.

Have a 1965 FJ40 that is mix of parts;

FJ40L
FJ40--32549 frame/vin..................has T-66 tag, and title notes 1966

F 204323 engine

41203 block casting ...near front of block....................late '64 engine?

11411 block casting ...near rear of block

FST; tailgate; soft doors; long fresh air vent in windshield frame; original 3 on the tree and dash transfer lever; factory pintle hook; Royal Blue.

Am I correct this is an early 1965, with a '64 engine, finally sold and titled in '66?

Hope you are still gathering information; glad to get this one registered; think I am third owner and it was sold in Little Rock, AR

Paul

Recently bought a fj40. Sat in a barn for many years P.O. may have lost title but is looking it/ willing to apply for new title. He thinks 1970 or 71. Looked at SORs info and from what I see it looks like it might be a 67.
VIN fj4049263
Engine f240622
Any help on this would be awesome.

5/67 .... 100% it’s a 67’ model year truck

@Andy Lindsay

If you post up in a seperate thread the truck with pictures ... it may be a Frankincruiser made from different years ... but... vin is 67’
Hey thanks for that.I will post up some pics when i get a chance. From what I could see the engine numbers could be anything from 63 to 65.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom