40 series general tech and classifieds (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Andy, buy it, I'll give you my old one, and pay you $10

IMG_0738.jpg

Paging @Bossman . Anyone seen a pedal like this before? Looks like it's off of a later linkage driven assembly, but what the hell is that horn looking thing coming off the top?

Does anyone in cottonlandia happen to have a knuckle steering arm (driver/left) off a 40 with disc brake front?

Its for my piggy. After 3 days of soaking and hammering; 3 bent pullers and 2 pickle forks, i finally had to cut it and it still wont come out.

Yes, i hammered in all the secret spots before cutting it.

The top of the tie rod bolt is deformed from the puller torque.. not hammering.

IMG_3031.JPG

Angle grinder until its flush with the top of arm. Then drill it out.

I'll bet if you laid a nice booger weld on top after you cut it flush, it might shock it enough to knock it out with a hammer.

Last edited:
On the bright side, this is a perfectly legit reason to buy a high steer kit and do a nice spring over.

Does anyone in cottonlandia happen to have a knuckle steering arm (driver/left) off a 40 with disc brake front?

Its for my piggy. After 3 days of soaking and hammering; 3 bent pullers and 2 pickle forks, i finally had to cut it and it still wont come out.

Yes, i hammered in all the secret spots before cutting it.

The top of the tie rod bolt is deformed from the puller torque.. not hammering.

View attachment 1525355

Drop it off at the shop just like it is and I will remove the rest of the TRE.

Is there an arm on the axle you got from @geologic ?

I offered it up but he already had a new one on order. Still surprised no one had one from a high steer conversion. Of course, not everyone in the club checks all these threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom