3FE Turbo "Kit" (FJ62 or 91-92 fj80) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.cardomain.com
Maybe you're familiar with this build, but maybe not. I built the system from scratch 5 or 6 years ago. It's 1 of only 2 3FE turbos that I'm familiar with. I ran it for a couple of years and then the truck went through "several" other owners, neither of which had any mechanical inclination. The current owner of the truck contacted me via/ MUD and stated that he wanted to restore the truck to original. I asked him if it was worth losing 40hp; he said it didn't matter. We struck a deal and long story short, I have the entire "system" again. I think it speaks volumes that the truck ran identical to the day I sold it without any maintenance other than just oil changes.

SideFinal.jpg

Original build thread:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/can-you-turbo-a-3fe.163559/

"Kit" Everything is cleaned up and ready to go.
F3F1CC4D-0DF9-4D6E-927B-0F232908E4E5_zpswvylsacp.jpg

C4FE81DE-2619-46CD-9FDF-737E52534A86_zpslngz7ehh.jpg

Components:
Turbo: Warner Ishi OEM Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe.
Intercooler: Cartech, BEGI, aluminum.
Electronics: Innovate LC-1 wideband O2 sensor/ and gauge, Split Second additional injector controller with software/ pre programmed, (runs 2 30lb injectors), Innovate 4 channel data logger.
Fuel Pump: Pierburg, German (Porsche pump) goes inline in conjunction with the factory pump.
External wastegate, K&N filter, manual boost controller, oil feed line, Eclipse BOV, all necessary piping, hose junctions, fastners, etc.

You may have to add a bolt or nut on the exhaust but only a couple. Installer will also need some "gasket sheets" to cut a gasket or 2 for exhaust junctions. Well thought out system that is very reliable and a total wake up call for the 3FE. Installation will require some slight cutting next to the right of the grill for the intercooler pipes to go through, (not visible from the exterior). A return oil line bung will need to be fitted to the oil pan as well; I didn't even take the pan off to do it. Research the thread well if you're interested, I will answer any questions one may have, and give any advice during the installation progress.

Price: How bout $1200 obo.

Fair price for a very reliable system. PM me :)

Last edited:
Well, all of the hardware is SOLD! Only stuff remaining is the electronic components, injectors, boost controller, etc. I suppose I will part those out on eBay.

Maybe you're familiar with this build, but maybe not. I built the system from scratch 5 or 6 years ago. It's 1 of only 2 3FE turbos that I'm familiar with. I ran it for a couple of years and then the truck went through "several" other owners, neither of which had any mechanical inclination. The current owner of the truck contacted me via/ MUD and stated that he wanted to restore the truck to original. I asked him if it was worth losing 40hp; he said it didn't matter. We struck a deal and long story short, I have the entire "system" again. I think it speaks volumes that the truck ran identical to the day I sold it without any maintenance other than just oil changes.

SideFinal.jpg

Original build thread:
Can you Turbo a 3FE? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/can-you-turbo-a-3fe.163559/

"Kit" Everything is cleaned up and ready to go.
F3F1CC4D-0DF9-4D6E-927B-0F232908E4E5_zpswvylsacp.jpg

C4FE81DE-2619-46CD-9FDF-737E52534A86_zpslngz7ehh.jpg

Components:
Turbo: Warner Ishi OEM Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe.
Intercooler: Cartech, BEGI, aluminum.
Electronics: Innovate LC-1 wideband O2 sensor/ and gauge, Split Second additional injector controller with software/ pre programmed, (runs 2 30lb injectors), Innovate 4 channel data logger.
Fuel Pump: Pierburg, German (Porsche pump) goes inline in conjunction with the factory pump.
External wastegate, K&N filter, manual boost controller, oil feed line, Eclipse BOV, all necessary piping, hose junctions, fastners, etc.

You may have to add a bolt or nut on the exhaust but only a couple. Installer will also need some "gasket sheets" to cut a gasket or 2 for exhaust junctions. Well thought out system that is very reliable and a total wake up call for the 3FE. Installation will require some slight cutting next to the right of the grill for the intercooler pipes to go through, (not visible from the exterior). A return oil line bung will need to be fitted to the oil pan as well; I didn't even take the pan off to do it. Research the thread well if you're interested, I will answer any questions one may have, and give any advice during the installation progress.

Price: How bout $1200 obo.

Fair price for a very reliable system. PM me :)
what manifold did you use? ive been wanting to turbo my 3fe.

what manifold did you use? ive been wanting to turbo my 3fe.
It appears that they used a custom J pipe looking thing that hangs off the stock manifold flanges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom