3B parts help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gimme a 60

I Forgot About the Women!
SILVER Star
Threads
Hello Mudders!

As some of you may know, I’m swapping a 3B into my FJ 62, many of you have warned about the parts availability issues -well, I’m currently fighting that problem now.

I’m on summer break right now, I have a lot of time and need to get the project rolling! So my question is, do I go with OEM stuff if possible? Or go with aftermarket stuff? I’m really not sure where to go, there is a decent amount of parts vendors with varying prices. But, I really need to know what’s the best place for diesel cruiser parts that are worth buying. Any input is appreciated.

OEM if it is available. Never doubt that. Pay once. Cry once. Or spend twice to do it again.

OEM if it is available. Never doubt that. Pay once. Cry once. Or spend twice to do it again.
I cannot but agree mate!
However, if the aftermarket parts are made in Japan, IMHO you can trust them.
That, combined with the fact that they often are less pricey than OEM, leads to generous returns.

PS. I am in the same boat regarding my future BJ45 resto...

Last edited:
What kind of parts are you looking for?
Some parts are painfully hard to locate. Some parts aren’t too bad.

Some parts have clever alternatives.
Example: Swapping an old Cummins starter guts if your 3B starter goes bad.

Also, once your truck is up and running, you should buy a spare 3B some time once you have the means too. Helps to have peace of mind with spares!

Last edited:
What kind of parts are you looking for?
Some parts are painfully hard to locate. Some parts aren’t too bad.

Some parts have clever alternatives.
Example: Swapping an old Cummins starter guts if your 3B starter goes bad.

Also, once your truck is up and running, you should buy a spare 3B some time once you have the means too. Helps to have peace of mind with spares!
I will be buying another 3B at some point for peace of mind.

I need a clutch kit mainly and just other small gaskets. My main worry is just getting a good clutch.

We stock AISIN Japanese clutch kits @ @cruiser Outfitters. Fantastic quality, same as OE

I will be buying another 3B at some point for peace of mind.

I need a clutch kit mainly and just other small gaskets. My main worry is just getting a good clutch.
Clutch is easy! See above :p
Options also exist from exedy, but I believe the Aisin is a bit thicker/better.

They’re not the most popular landcruiser parts vendor, but cruiserparts had all the gaskets I’ve needed so far.

Valve cover, thermostat, head gasket, etc

Well, I called Cruiser Outfitters. They didn’t impress me, they literally hung up on me the first call, and then told me that they maybe have a 3B clutch.

Well, I called Cruiser Outfitters. They didn’t impress me, they literally hung up on me the first call, and then told me that they maybe have a 3B clutch.
I’d try again. I e never had a problem talking to them. Maybe you got disconnected vs a hostile hang up.

???

I'm very shocked to hear this. We definitely have 3B clutches, we sell hundreds of clutch kits each year. Our phone sales team is all very up to speed on those. Do you by chance know who you spoke with? What day/time was your call? I can look into it with our call logs. Did you call the order line with the part number you were looking to order?

PM sent

Last edited:
No they aren’t even open after 8 pm.
And agaim…I mean you can’t make this s*** up.

Dude, you are burning bridges before you even get to the bridge.

Last edited:
I mean, you can’t make this s*** up.
OGBeno -wtf! You know this is a sixteen year old member who is trying to work on his cruiser? Why do you keep bombing his threads? You would think that as a moderator you would maybe support and encourage a young member even if you don't like 3Bs.

Gimme a 60 - I agree with John - not good to burn bridges -cruiseroutftter has been a reputable vender for many years now. You could probably get a clutch kit locally but cruiseroutfitter won't steer you wrong - I'd go with them and be careful that you order correctly before jumping on to mud to and complain.

OGBeno -wtf! You know this is a sixteen year old member who is trying to work on his cruiser? Why do you keep bombing his threads? You would think that as a moderator you would maybe support and encourage a young member even if you don't like 3Bs.

Gimme a 60 - I agree with John - not good to burn bridges -cruiseroutftter has been a reputable vender for many years now. You could probably get a clutch kit locally but cruiseroutfitter won't steer you wrong - I'd go with them and be careful that you order correctly before jumping on to mud to and complain.

I am going to delete my comment about cruiser outfitters. It’s not what I meant….. I’m pretty sure I’m going to go with them, there was just a hiccup!

Learn the difference between OE and OEM parts. Sometimes the aftermarket made-in-Japan parts are just reboxed Original Manufacturer Parts in an off-brand or manufacturer's box. But you have to know your nuts to be able to source those type parts. If you stick with known good MUD vendors, and buy Japan-made items where the OE part is not available, you're most likely to get OEM or at least high-quality replacements. I'd avoid ebay, Amazon, etc. unless it's a known reputable vendor.

MUD is obviously your best reference library.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom