315 75 16 tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, new to the group. I have a question about wheel tire combos. I currently have a 93 80 series that I am installing a 3” OME lift on. Can I run 315 75 on my stock wheels? Do I need spacers?

Yes you can run 315 75 on stock rims, no you will not need spacers.

Will the 315 fit on stock wheels AND stock factory height?

Yes they will FIT and you can drive around. However, any bit of articulation and they will rub, and the tires will not stuff inside the wheel wells. 2" minimum lift for 35" tires.

Will the 315 fit on stock wheels AND stock factory height?

You’ll rub like a mother in all but mall parking lots.

The OME ~2” kit would be a better $900 spent before buying 315’s.

The least amount of tinkering & changing geometry to run that tire.

For an example, I run the Slee 4” setup on just 315’s so I can flex it without issue (really the rear is where you flex) - but I also have great wheelwell clearance for my true “criss-cross” / “log skidder” -style chains I have for when I’ve been ahead of snow removal/sanders on moderate snowfall days to Mt Baker.

I’m trying to see what’s the tallest tire i can fit on there without lifting the vehicle. I bought my LX 2 years ago. It came with 265/75/16s. I ordered 305/70/16 ko2s. They just cami in today and I had them installed. They look great and no rubbing issues. I was hoping they would be a little taller however. Would I be better off in achieving a bit more height if I went with 295/75/16? This is my daily driver and I haven’t even taken it off roading once yet. I’d be surprised if I do at all... I really Like the way it drives as it is now but I do like the look of beefier tires where they fill the whole wheel well. Maybe leave the 305s and add spacers for that look? Or 295 with spacers? What do you think?

^^^ 305/70’s were my 1st set of GY MT-r’s & IIRC, I rubbed those plenty anywhere offroad from memory.

Seems it was always the inner rear fenderwells that got the rub.

Then I did the OME heavy kit & took care of that, like everybody else here whose 1st suspension was a OME circa 2000-2002.

It even worked with 315’s but the 4” lift & 315’s has suited me fine.

If you’re still happy with power/torque of the 1FZ on your 305’s stay there & if you find yourself rubbing the inner wheelwells out back, at least you know a OME 2” kit will fix it.

^^^ 305/70’s were my 1st set of GY MT-r’s & IIRC, I rubbed those plenty anywhere offroad from memory.

Seems it was always the inner rear fenderwells that got the rub.

Then I did the OME heavy kit & took care of that, like everybody else here whose 1st suspension was a OME circa 2000-2002.

It even worked with 315’s but the 4” lift & 315’s has suited me fine.

If you’re still happy with power/torque of the 1FZ on your 305’s stay there & if you find yourself rubbing the inner wheelwells out back, at least you know a OME 2” kit will fix it.

Yes I’m happy with it but I was just trying to see if I could get it to sit slightly higher with the 295/75 and if there would be any rubbing issues going there from the 305/70... without doing a lift, at least for now!

^Never run 295/75’s - I’ve only had 305/70’s & 315/75’s, and Interco 37’s.

Time for you to search 295/75’s rub, see what pops.

From the FAQ (pinned on the top of the front page of this forum) 80-series FAQ for General Info, Modification and Repairs The "Modifications" link takes you to 80-series FAQ for General Info, Modification and Repairs and the top part of that is all about (older OME) lifts. Old Man Emu was (and to some still is) the standard by which lifts are judged. Recently some other companies have targeted the 80 and that info is shockingly enough ALSO located in the FAQs. Compiled 80 series suspension component spec thread... shocks, coils & more.

If you are more concerned with how it looks, there are lots of photos in Official 35" and under!! Post pictures!! or for bigger tires "Will it fit (if I don't hit a bump) until I add a lift or cut the fenders?" 37" tires fit stock fzj80

@LINUS, what chains are these?

IDK offhand - each pair came in a mini - heavy duty duffel bag & had a paper tag on a handle when I got them.
I bought them off the internet in ~’02 from a place that built these to size, you could even option the “center cleated bull ring” -style if you wanted (so true log skidder style out here in PNW), but I just went criss-cross really not expecting such good build quality. IIRC they were ~$100 / pr then, $200 & the ride ballpark.

I’ll look in my pile of old receipts- if I can find the vendor I’ll put it up - these are really well built & the cams for the sidewall tightening are stout - has to be since each chain is a easy ~10lb unit.

From the FAQ (pinned on the top of the front page of this forum) 80-series FAQ for General Info, Modification and Repairs The "Modifications" link takes you to 80-series FAQ for General Info, Modification and Repairs and the top part of that is all about (older OME) lifts. Old Man Emu was (and to some still is) the standard by which lifts are judged. Recently some other companies have targeted the 80 and that info is shockingly enough ALSO located in the FAQs. Compiled 80 series suspension component spec thread... shocks, coils & more.

If you are more concerned with how it looks, there are lots of photos in Official 35" and under!! Post pictures!! or for bigger tires "Will it fit (if I don't hit a bump) until I add a lift or cut the fenders?" 37" tires fit stock fzj80

This is very helpful. Thank you so much.

Yes I’m happy with it but I was just trying to see if I could get it to sit slightly higher with the 295/75 and if there would be any rubbing issues going there from the 305/70... without doing a lift, at least for now!

You're srarting to split hairs a little.

305/70 is 33", 295/75 is 34"

I had 295/75s on a 4" lifted rig. I found them hard to come by and where 20% more $$ because they aren't a common size (at least in Aus)

I currently have 305/70r16 on a stock height rig. I haven't had any rubbing, but also haven't pushed it a lot off-road.

IDK offhand - each pair came in a mini - heavy duty duffel bag & had a paper tag on a handle when I got them.
I bought them off the internet in ~’02 from a place that built these to size, you could even option the “center cleated bull ring” -style if you wanted (so true log skidder style out here in PNW), but I just went criss-cross really not expecting such good build quality. IIRC they were ~$100 / pr then, $200 & the ride ballpark.

I’ll look in my pile of old receipts- if I can find the vendor I’ll put it up - these are really well built & the cams for the sidewall tightening are stout - has to be since each chain is a easy ~10lb unit.
I ran these and liked them in the heavy duty model.

http://lacledechain.com/product/alpine-sport-truck-suv-chains/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom