2nd row seat issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in the process of switching out my leather seats all 3 rows with cloth seats from a 91 or 92 into my 93. Some of the hardware on the donor seats was a little rusty so I spent the time to change over all of the bad hardware out of the cloth with the good hardware from the leather seats. So the 3rd row seats had no issues with properly latching onto the floor of the truck when installed and do function like they are supposed to. The second row seats are bolted to the floor with the feet how they are supposed to but will not latch onto the floor at the rear. What could be causing this issue? It appears from watching the mechanism as I slowly lower them down that the bar is hitting the latch but does not appear to move it far enough to get it to engage. Would cleaning up the mechanism and possibly oiling it help it properly engage? Thoughts on how to get these working.
The cloth seats though as a set are noticeably lighter on all 3 rows, should have weighed them to see how much of a reduction I am getting from the whole set.

Will they not latch even if you sit on them? I would try loosening the hardware and seeing if you can get them to latch. Then tightening the front bolts.

Haven't tried sitting on them put I did lean over them and try to force weight on the spot will try sitting on them tomorrow evening. Need to get these working properly by June 2nd for a trip to Arkansas with the boys.

Loosen the bolts in the brackets just a little to let them "self adjust" when you cycle the latches with weight on them?

I had a similar problem and it ended up being the release cable for the latch wouldn't allow it to fully close

Well after being sitting in the one that fixed it now just have to slam it down with a bit more umph than the old seats, the other I had to take out and readjust the cable and now with the same force it will latch and hold down so problem fixed? Thanks all

It's not very much fun when the rear seat flips forward and hits you when stopping quickly! It actually hurts and is a very big shock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom