2LTE Turbo not working - Help? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The EGR system was just removed from my Prado 2LTE, and it runs smooth. But there is NO POWER. I'm assuming it has something to do with the Turbo, but I can't be certain. It does spin, but there is no power and the Turbo light does not come on. Something to do with the fuel not increasing when the turbo is spinning?

Ideas?

Could there be something that was removed during the EGR delete that could be the problem?

Something that didn't get connected right?

Again, it runs smooth, sounds great, just has zero power.

I'd sure appreciate any help anyone can give. Thanks!

When you removed the EGR did you go all out and take everything related to it out and install block off plates? Check the line that goes from the intake manifold to the boost sensor for the ECU. If that pops off the engine will think there is no boost, and will loose power.
IMG_2698.jpg

When you removed the EGR did you go all out and take everything related to it out and install block off plates? Check the line that goes from the intake manifold to the boost sensor for the ECU. If that pops off the engine will think there is no boost, and will loose power.
View attachment 1298441
Wow, thanks. I'll check it as soon as I leave the office. I had a college student gear head who is son of one of my staff working on it. This sounds likely.

I had mine blow off a couple of times after I removed the EGR, the hose clamp that held the line on was too loose.

Yup, what AirheadNut said. It's happened to me before too. No power is right! That sensor is what tells the computer to add fuel as the boost comes up. Makes you realize what life without a turbo would be like, haha.

Any chance any of you have a pic or description of where the other end attaches to the boost sensor?

image.jpeg
Thanks so much. Working perfectly now. Couldn't have done it without the help. What about this open end? Problem?

Nope, not a problem. The hose on the other end of that probably doesn't need to be there either. Here is a vacuum diagram; if I remember correctly, all of the hoses and related components can be removed, with the exception of 90999-92003, and that needs to be plugged.
2lteVacuum_zps22141f2d.jpg

Bingo Airhead nut. Everything comes off pretty much. Another thing to check is that you make your block off plates thick and strong, then get them locked down tight with a manifold sealant. Lots of power to be lost if that's not done. Now that I've got it all done right, and with a new seal kit installed on my fuel pump, I'm getting considerably more power and better mileage. About 23mpg on the highway and 20 driving around town, and 18 crawling around in the woods. What's that? About 10L/100km on the highway? If anyone wants pictures of what my vacuum lines, I'll post them.

@GTSSportCoupe @AirheadNut
Hello,
Turbo is sounding really loud and weird after deleting EGR especially when you let off the the throttle. i noticed the block off plate on the exhaust side wasnt really flat.
You can hear it spooling but cant really feel the boost.
I wish i could attach a video. So you guys could see exactly wha

@GTSSportCoupe @AirheadNut
Hello,
Turbo is sounding really loud and weird after deleting EGR especially when you let off the the throttle. i noticed the block off plate on the exhaust side wasnt really flat.
You can hear it spooling but cant really feel the boost.
I wish i could attach a video. So you guys could see exactly wha
If the exhaust block off plate has a leak that could definitely reduce the turbo’s ability to produce boost. Is the green turbo light in the dash coming on?

If the exhaust block off plate has a leak that could definitely reduce the turbo’s ability to produce boost. Is the green turbo light in the dash coming on?
I got a new plate made much better quality then the one i bought but its still making the same sound.
could it be a stuck waste gate? Besides this the motor is running great

Distinguished, good.

I'm new to this forum and from the conversations and sayings, I believe I should have joined long before purchasing my first little LJ Prado . I have my second Prado, both with 2LTE engine, and insistently, I would like to see this little beast perform as best as possible. By the way, I write from Mozambique, where there are difficulties with accessories and everything else, and we have been using parts second hand if we want an immediate solution, and it has worked. After market accessories a very expensive and sometimes difficult to find.

I'm in the process, well advanced, of modifications to this engine and relatives, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to have the desired effects. I full rebuild the engine and was perfectly running good with the 2LTE electronic fuel pump and then with 5L fuel pump as well. I decided to change it again to 4m40 manual fuel pump because the 5L had no counter rotation. At the same time I removed the EGR with all related components and hoses with the exception of Boost sensor hose. I've blocked the line from the alternator vacuum line., installed block off plates. Boost compensator line to the top of the fuel pump connected.
For now, I'm just going to remove the exhaust muffler. The later, slowly install one with 6cm in diameter.

My issues.

- Boost gauge is reading - 6bar
- Engine light on
- Turbo light off
- Very, very late response from the accelerator pedal, therefore very slow starts.

In short, engine without power.

Attached some pics from my progress.

I ask for help.

PALITO

20211101_111532.jpg

20211121_152446.jpg

20211121_152506.jpg

20211124_112944.jpg

20211124_113025.jpg

Is to be noted that am using a brand new aftermarket CT20 turbo. Also to be noted that the engine is working very smoothly but the RPM is point on 400rmp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom