2lte developed an oil leak behind the ac condenser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so I was doing some maintenance and noticed an oil leak behind the ac condenser.
I was thinking maybe the oil cooler or the cam seal( noticed oil on the underside of where the front main seal would be) Anyone got an idea ? Thanks in advance (I had already cleaned most of it up before I took the photo but it was a pretty bad oil leak )
IMG_6649.jpeg

Behind the AC condenser?? I see a picture of an oil leak on the front timing area of the engine. Most likely from a camshaft seal or valve cover gasket. Clean it fully with solvent then try to see from where it starts again.

Or are you saying the leak is from the AC condenser and being blown back onto the engine?

Behind the AC condenser?? I see a picture of an oil leak on the front timing area of the engine. Most likely from a camshaft seal or valve cover gasket. Clean it fully with solvent then try to see from where it starts again.

Or are you saying the leak is from the AC condenser and being blown back onto the engine?
Oh sorry ya it’s just behind the ac condenser, I was just using it as a point of reference.

Oh sorry ya it’s just behind the ac condenser, I was just using it as a point of reference.

I think you mean ac compressor? The ac condensor is in front of the radiator.

In any case, I agree with Eurasiaoverland about the likely source of the leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom