2F Engine Temp Sensor Mounting Points? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Just wondering where i can mount a mechanical water temp gauge in my 2F engine.

I've had a look around but haven't been able to see anything. I read the manual and it didn't say anything about temp sensors, only the thermostat in the water head.

Any help is appreciated.

Rohan

Hey guys,

I've had a look around but haven't been able to see anything. I read the manual and it didn't say anything about temp sensors, only the thermostat in the water head.

Any help is appreciated.

Rohan

I had to add a collar to have enough room for the end of the sensor, or what ever you want to call it to fit. The way I have mine does not give a true reading, I'd try to find one with a shorter end then the cheapo I have.
DSCN0426.JPG
I just put that in to make sure it wasn't getting to hot while I ran it on the stand, its sitting to far out of the water jacket to get a true reading. You could do something like that but use a shorter nipple to get the end into the head some.

Thanks for the help,
just wondering if I could grab some more pics of the engine?

Thanks mate

I had to add a collar to have enough room for the end of the sensor, or what ever you want to call it to fit. The way I have mine does not give a true reading, I'd try to find one with a shorter end then the cheapo I have. View attachment 1434521 I just put that in to make sure it wasn't getting to hot while I ran it on the stand, its sitting to far out of the water jacket to get a true reading. You could do something like that but use a shorter nipple to get the end into the head some.

Hijack! That sure is purty, Nolen!!

I used a lower thermostat housing with port for a BVSV and in that port, with an adapter, installed the mechanical sender. The other way is to install in upper rad hose with something like this:

(lots on ebay, but since you're in Oz ... )

ATM-2283.jpg

I used a lower thermostat housing with port for a BVSV and in that port, with an adapter, installed the mechanical sender. The other way is to install in upper rad hose with something like this:

(lots on ebay, but since you're in Oz ... )

ATM-2283.jpg

@Spike Strip , that's neat.

I didn't think about the thermostat housing, thanks that's a good idea.

Hi all,

I installed a coolant temp sensor for TBI using an existing threaded hole on the thermostat housing.

The threading in this hole is 3/8ths inch BPT (not NPT) which I would imagine is common in Australia.

Regards,

Alan

Hey guys,

Any help is appreciated.

Rohan

Thanks for the pictures man, super neat engine by the way.
If you could point out where you've mounted your water temp sensor that'd be great.
Many Thanks

Looks like Nolen has three sensors... Two not hooked up and one hooked up, with some pipe-plumbing, under the valve cover breather, in his second picture.

What's up, Nolen?

Thanks for the pictures man, super neat engine by the way.
If you could point out where you've mounted your water temp sensor that'd be great.
Many Thanks

Looks like Nolen has three sensors... Two not hooked up and one hooked up, with some pipe-plumbing, under the valve cover breather, in his second picture.

What's up, Nolen?

Your welcome @1975 FJ45, @pngunme (Danny) is right, I used one of the old sensors just to plug one of the holes in the head. The mechanical sensor is mounted in the pipe coupling, on the top of the nipple coming out of the head. You can see the black lead coming out of it, I just used some stuff I had to get me by till it gets put in the chassis. I'll use one of the factory sensors along with the mechanical when its all said and done. I like the way @Spike Strip and @Josie'sLandCruiser mentioned about using one of the ports at the thermostat housing. That's where I'll plum mine into when the time comes.

I have aquestion, i see no fuel return at the fuel pump. Is it possible to run this Carburetor with this pump without fuel return line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom