295/75r16 KO2's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bwell

SILVER Star
Threads
Per treaddepot.com they should have ko2's in stock nlt October 16th, maybe as early as the first week. Just throwing this info out there for anyone who want something a little larger than 285's.

Man. I haven't inquired about 295s at Costco here in SoCal. They did say I could be the 285s the very next day.

I feel like if I get the 285s I'm gonna wish I got the 295s. That wheel well eats up those tires.

What's your reasoning for waiting around for a 295?

From research on here they're the largest, most practical size to go with minimal 1.5 to 2.5" of lift. I believe some have fit them with no lift, and no issues - I don't know If they ever leave the pavement with that size of tire and no lift. From what I've read any larger and you have to start trimming. Then you're looking at re-gearing differentials.... And Pandora's box of maintenance.
After living on four different continents for extended periods of time, and seeing what the rest of the world does, and works, you really aren't gaining much for said tire size. Ground clearance benefits for any larger tire size aren't worth all the other trade offs. At that point I will just use my winch again.

Oh, and I don't actually, really, need new tires yet. Kind of one of those I could potentially sell my old ones and bring in a little money still.

Man. I haven't inquired about 295s at Costco here in SoCal. They did say I could be the 285s the very next day.

I feel like if I get the 285s I'm gonna wish I got the 295s. That wheel well eats up those tires.

What's your reasoning for waiting around for a 295?

I asked Costco about 285's when I first bought my truck. They told me they couldn't put larger than stock tires on so I took my business elsewhere. Is your Costco better than mine?

...via IH8MUD app

Interesting. They didn't mention a waiver. Perhaps prior to install they will.

Just making sure. A 295 tire is a bit wider than a 285, yes?

They both are 75/16 for a 16" wheel.

I replaced 285's with 295's on an OME 2.5 and think they're the perfect size.

They're also anywhere from a half inch to a inch taller in overall diameter as well.

I am on my 2nd set of 295's, honestly I should have gone back to 285s but discount made me a deal I could not pass up.... $500 for 4 new 295's.l bfg at kos, this was before the ko2 came out.

285s are easy to find, 295s not so easy, really think the 285s looked better and did not rub the front as much.

I am on my 2nd set of 295's, honestly I should have gone back to 285s but discount made me a deal I could not pass up.... $500 for 4 new 295's.l bfg at kos, this was before the ko2 came out.

285s are easy to find, 295s not so easy, really think the 285s looked better and did not rub the front as much.
How much lift or what is your hub measurement in the front ?

1.5-2" in the front, they are fine for what I do, but if I was wheeling much they are to0 big without cutting some inner fender or more lift. The 285's were just right and the 100 looked bigger with the smaller tires which I found odd.

we have 285's on the stock LX470, no fitment issues

How much lift or what is your hub measurement in the front ?

Thank you

20190202_142342.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom