295/70/18 is a tire size that you should consider* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Curious if when you fit the 295/70/18s, if you already had aftermarket UCAs with alignment tweaks to pull the tire forward? Or was the alignment fully stock?

Seems that the KDSS relocation kit could allow LCs to get into this size tire?
I would your referring to SPC UCA , just wondering how much can you pull the upper joint forward with adjustable arms ? Any other companies out there doing a adj UCA , I had a buddy who had nothing but problems with his SPC arms coming lose and moving , they may have been the early Joint.

@tbisaacs is it possible to get a picture of how close the tire is to the UCA?
822686BC-368F-4C46-ABE7-BBE21C1BE516.jpeg

Lots of room

Looks great. LCs (and LXs) look so much better with bigger rubber.

Looks like plenty of clearance and I think you'll be just fine.

To be sure, the tightest clearance to the UCA will be at full steering lock, with suspension fully compressed. You could probably check it quickly at ride height with full steering lock and see what the clearance looks like. My incrementally larger tire looks like this, which does interfere with the arm at full compression. I suspect yours will be very close but okay.

1614888655227.png

Looks like plenty of clearance and I think you'll be just fine.

To be sure, the tightest clearance to the UCA will be at full steering lock, with suspension fully compressed. You could probably check it quickly at ride height with full steering lock and see what the clearance looks like. My incrementally larger tire looks like this, which does interfere with the arm at full compression. I suspect yours will be very close but okay.

View attachment 2603191

Very good point - will check but not expecting any issues. Especially if you are fitting a full fat 12.5" latte.

Do you ever go into Low height and what's the rub look like then? Otherwise are you keeping it in N or H?

Do you ever go into Low height and what's the rub look like then? Otherwise are you keeping it in N or H?

No rubbing in low

Hey - Great to see these tires in this size! I am shopping for new tires now and this is high on my list of options. Do you feel like you will need to re-gear at any point based on this 34" size? I don't want to re-gear at time soon and I think 34s put me inside the limit. I have 285/65/18 KO2s now and feel they are small for my preferences. Also, already installed spacers.

Hey - Great to see these tires in this size! I am shopping for new tires now and this is high on my list of options. Do you feel like you will need to re-gear at any point based on this 34" size? I don't want to re-gear at time soon and I think 34s put me inside the limit. I have 285/65/18 KO2s now and feel they are small for my preferences. Also, already installed spacers.

My truck is ~ 7200lbs+ in daily driver mode and don't feel the need to. You'll definitely notice the loss of gearing but with 400lbs of torque its not really an issue - not even close. Would you benefit from re-gearing with this size, sure. How much depends on your weight, intended use etc.

New to the 200, picked up an ‘09 and in desperate need of wheels/tires! Consensus on largest fit with sensor lift and massaged liners? Have an opportunity for 285/75/18’s and curious if there’s any chance in hell they could fit.
To add - guy is selling with 1.25” spacers too, but I’m not familiar enough to know what the recommendation is on using any. Or if they even help substantially.

Last edited:
New to the 200, picked up an ‘09 and in desperate need of wheels/tires! Consensus on largest fit with sensor lift and massaged liners? Have an opportunity for 285/75/18’s and curious if there’s any chance in hell they could fit.
To add - guy is selling with 1.25” spacers too, but I’m not familiar enough to know what the recommendation is on using any. Or if they even help substantially.
This is the size of tires and wheel spacers I have currently. With Tundra TRD take offs.

Note, you won't fit 285/75/18 in the spare tire well. Your options are:

• YOLO and bring a tire repair kit
  • Rear bumper or tire carrier
  • Run a 34" spare (like a 295). @TeCKis300 did something similar when running 35/12.5s

Note, you won't fit 285/75/18 in the spare tire well. Your options are:

• YOLO and bring a tire repair kit
  • Rear bumper or tire carrier
  • Run a 34" spare (like a 295). @TeCKis300 did something similar when running 35/12.5s
Love this response sir. Thank you! Going to consider going for it. No serious off road plans as of now but the rocks in south and central TX kill the stock setup for sure.

Guys next question - do I need to trailer a set of 4 or if I remove rear seats and fold second row is there a shot at getting them in? Or 3 in and 1 on the roof maybe?

Guys next question - do I need to trailer a set of 4 or if I remove rear seats and fold second row is there a shot at getting them in? Or 3 in and 1 on the roof maybe?
4 will fit 🤙

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom