28hrs, 4 states, 2 time zones, and a great time: GSMTR preliminary (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here are a few more random pre-run pictures.

Only 5 weeks left.

IMG_2085-600.jpg
IMG_2090-600.jpg
IMG_2092-600.jpg

So I spoke with GMP owner Henry Randolph last night and they've made some good progress since we've been there. [Also: the big rains and flooding that central TN had a few weeks ago have not damaged anything significantly at the park. The trails may be a little more rutted in places, but no mudslides or failures occurred.]

Done or will be done this weekend:

1. All light poles now functional throughout the park.
  2. New gravel on all the main roads done.
  3. All bathrooms are replumbed and functional.
  4. Lights at entrance sign and driveway.
  5. Basketball court cleaned and new goal/nets installed.
  6. Volleyball courts will be tilled and refilled this weekend.
  7. 5-8 more picnic tables at main pavilion completed; will have at least 20 total by GSMTR.
  8. Showers are completed.
  9. Bunk house rooms - 5 complete with AC and private bathrooms. Finishing off the one big room that will sleep 6-8 w/AC and single bathroom.
  10. He will also be selling ice, firewood, bottled water and even hard-sided coolers.

Other things he's checking on this weekend:

1. Local dumpster service for us to use.
  2. Functionality of concession counter at main pavilion.

Other goals, perhaps by GSMTR:

1. Fill pond at the arcade center/bumper boats/go-cart track. It fills up with a big rain, but needs to be re-graded and compacted to fix the leakdown that occurs.
  2. New GPS accurate trail maps and downloadable file, with adjusted trail ratings. This is being done by a volunteer, so he makes no guarantees right now. The current map on their website is pretty good, IMO.
  3. Installing RV sewage/septic system.

These pic's don't do the place justice. Last year was a blast despite the rain. I'm really bummed I won't be making the trip this year. :mad:The motor is still out of the 40 and my back is still screwed. Hope everyone has fun. Definately making plans to attend next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom