2026 Denver Area Mechanic for 40 Series

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

VinylSeats

SILVER Star
Joined
Sep 15, 2017
Threads
27
Messages
425
Location
Littleton, CO
I wanted to see if anyone has a reliable mechanic in the Denver area that works on 40s. Not looking to do anything major but rather basic mechanical care and maintenance.

I need to get the clutch master and slave cylinders replaced and called around to various shops to see who works on 40s. Results below:

Toy Doctor Denver: Yes
Redline Land Cruisers: Yes (in CO Springs)

Slee: TBD; need to call
Cruisers and Company: TBD; need to call
Jane's Garage: TBD; need to call

Mountain Yotas: Not really; recommended Cruisers and Company
Toy Doctor Littleton: No
Japanese Auto Service: No (will no longer work on 1995 or older)
Toy Doctor Littleton: No
Toy Auto: No
Franklynn Automotive: No
Keller Bros: No

If there is a current thread that already presents this information that I missed, please share and accept my apologies for the duplicate.

Thanks!
 
About 3 years ago I bought the clutch master, slave with a braided stainless hose off eboy for $130 from joetlc? It has a longer hose for the 45, its was $50 more for the shorter correct length ( I just looped it). Been working great ever since. Its like a 1 banana job. Protip 1 screw hose into slave first, then install it. 2 after you get the bolts out of the master mount, cut a screwdriver slot into the bolt that goes behind the vac booster, much easier to install/remove, you only a wrench to tighten/loosen instead of like 100 1/16 of a turn at a time with a open end wrench to screw it in/out.
 
I would add Colorado Toyota Repair (Loveland), I was happy w their work. In full disclosure I haven't been there in over a year so my info is dated but they were initially recommended to be by a neighbor who owns a 60-series. One of the owners has been driving 40's his entire life.
 
About 3 years ago I bought the clutch master, slave with a braided stainless hose off eboy for $130 from joetlc? It has a longer hose for the 45, its was $50 more for the shorter correct length ( I just looped it). Been working great ever since. Its like a 1 banana job. Protip 1 screw hose into slave first, then install it. 2 after you get the bolts out of the master mount, cut a screwdriver slot into the bolt that goes behind the vac booster, much easier to install/remove, you only a wrench to tighten/loosen instead of like 100 1/16 of a turn at a time with a open end wrench to screw it in/out.
Thanks for this. Super helpful. At another moment in life, I'd jump on this myself. But I'm trying very hard to keep my promise to my wife and limit my time under the truck.

I would add Colorado Toyota Repair (Loveland), I was happy w their work. In full disclosure I haven't been there in over a year so my info is dated but they were initially recommended to be by a neighbor who owns a 60-series. One of the owners has been driving 40's his entire life.
Thanks! I'll add them to the list to call.

I didn’t see Toy Car Care on the list but maybe worth a shot. The owner has (had?) a 40 series. Never been there myself but lived near the owners son who used to work there.
Thanks! I'll add them to the list to call.
 
At another moment in life, I'd jump on this myself. But I'm trying very hard to keep my promise to my wife and limit my time under the truck.

have her come out and pump the pedal for bleeding, you'll spend time together and bond.
 
I wanted to see if anyone has a reliable mechanic in the Denver area that works on 40s. Not looking to do anything major but rather basic mechanical care and maintenance.

I need to get the clutch master and slave cylinders replaced and called around to various shops to see who works on 40s. Results below:

Toy Doctor Denver: Yes
Redline Land Cruisers: Yes (in CO Springs)

Slee: TBD; need to call
Cruisers and Company: TBD; need to call
Jane's Garage: TBD; need to call

Mountain Yotas: Not really; recommended Cruisers and Company
Toy Doctor Littleton: No
Japanese Auto Service: No (will no longer work on 1995 or older)
Toy Doctor Littleton: No
Toy Auto: No
Franklynn Automotive: No
Keller Bros: No

If there is a current thread that already presents this information that I missed, please share and accept my apologies for the duplicate.

Thanks!
Is that Toy Auto Masters on Broadway in Englewood? I see 60s in there for service all the time. It's surprising they won't work on a 40.

If Cruisers & Company will do the work, I wouldn't hesitate to take it to them. Top notch mechanics, honest, attention to detail, etc. @Cruisers and Co ?
 
Is that Toy Auto Masters on Broadway in Englewood? I see 60s in there for service all the time. It's surprising they won't work on a 40.

If Cruisers & Company will do the work, I wouldn't hesitate to take it to them. Top notch mechanics, honest, attention to detail, etc. @Cruisers and Co ?
I haven't reached out to Toy Auto Masters yet. I will add them to the list.

Great to hear regarding Cruisers and Company.
 
@CruiserTrash is correct, we do work on 40's when the schedule allows. Currently we're booked out well into next year and not taking on any sort of maintenance work at the moment, so unfortunately while we do work on 40's we cannot help at this time. I just don't have enough hands currently (@CruiserTrash quit your day job already... ), and a bunch of long-term projects are keeping us busy this winter. Sorry for the disappointment @VinylSeats

Colorado Toyota Repair in Loveland should also be on your list
 
@CruiserTrash is correct, we do work on 40's when the schedule allows. Currently we're booked out well into next year and not taking on any sort of maintenance work at the moment, so unfortunately while we do work on 40's we cannot help at this time. I just don't have enough hands currently (@CruiserTrash quit your day job already... ), and a bunch of long-term projects are keeping us busy this winter. Sorry for the disappointment @VinylSeats

Colorado Toyota Repair in Loveland should also be on your list
Great to know. Thanks for the follow-up and recommendation on Colorado Toyota Repair. Glad to hear you guys are so busy! That's a good problem to have.
 
@CruiserTrash is correct, we do work on 40's when the schedule allows. Currently we're booked out well into next year and not taking on any sort of maintenance work at the moment, so unfortunately while we do work on 40's we cannot help at this time. I just don't have enough hands currently (@CruiserTrash quit your day job already... ), and a bunch of long-term projects are keeping us busy this winter. Sorry for the disappointment @VinylSeats

Colorado Toyota Repair in Loveland should also be on your list
Too busy = good problem to have.

Let me know what you're offering to quit my day job ;)
 
Great to know. Thanks for the follow-up and recommendation on Colorado Toyota Repair. Glad to hear you guys are so busy! That's a good problem to have.
Thank you, definitely fortunate to have so much work, hopefully our paths cross at some point!
Too busy = good problem to have.

Let me know what you're offering to quit my day job ;)
See you at the Rising Sun meeting tonight? Lets chat haha @VinylSeats you going?
 
Thank you, definitely fortunate to have so much work, hopefully our paths cross at some point!

See you at the Rising Sun meeting tonight? Lets chat haha @VinylSeats you going?
I won't make it tonight but need to at some point. I need to actually move my Toyota community interactions into the real world lol.
 
Back
Top Bottom