2024 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wct49

POWERED BY AMEX
GOLD Star
Threads
Might as well start a thread on this machine...

I am stoked. Seems like Japan is getting closer to its roots with this series. Talked with Brookhaven dealer today. Spring 2024 delivery time. All allocations, no special orders. We will see how it plays out.

Agreed. I like everything about it but the hybrid aspect of it. I'm not concerned about the electrification component, and I know Toyota's got the whole hybrid concept dialed in better than anyone else. However, I'm still a little suspect of the battery longevity....especially since I read they'll be using the NiMH variety. Li-ion is known to out perform the NiMH in most every category (including lifespan) so I'm wondering the wisdom in using the lower technology type (unless, of course, the reporting was wrong.)

Anyone have any wisdom on the hybrid aspect of this truck?

I’m really liking it to but need to drive the little 4cyl before I give up my 200. I guess no special orders means huge dealer mark ups…

Which version are him looking at @wct49 ?

I dig the 1958 base trim round headlights and cloth seats but I saw one place it may not have the selectable terrain like the Land Cruiser trim level that has the rectangle lights. The first edition has round headlights with all the bells and whistles but supposedly only 5000 being shipped so will turn into the new heritage edition with huge mark ups.

I heard mention of a premium option package for the 1958. But not full details on what it will include. I assume there will be very few base 1958 available. If it adds the terrain features though… and somehow ventilated seats I may be in on that. #fighttheswampass.

Looks like the 1958 does have crawl control and drive mode.

IMG_0240.jpeg

Agreed. I like everything about it but the hybrid aspect of it. I'm not concerned about the electrification component, and I know Toyota's got the whole hybrid concept dialed in better than anyone else. However, I'm still a little suspect of the battery longevity....especially since I read they'll be using the NiMH variety. Li-ion is known to out perform the NiMH in most every category (including lifespan) so I'm wondering the wisdom in using the lower technology type (unless, of course, the reporting was wrong.)

Anyone have any wisdom on the hybrid aspect of this truck?

Toyotas battery failure rate is less then 1% over a ten year period. There are plenty of Prius’s out there with older tech with good batteries after 200k miles. Also any Toyota hybrid comes with a 10 year 150k mile warranty on the “hybrid components”

I’m all in. More horse power and torque than my hundo and rumor has it 26 ish mpg and a price point I am comfortable at.

Anyone have any idea if this will be able to be flat towed behind an RV? I realize that it it hybridized, but I feel like flat towing should be a given with a true off road suv.

Anyone have any idea if this will be able to be flat towed behind an RV? I realize that it it hybridized, but I feel like flat towing should be a given with a true off road suv.
My assumption, based on every owner's manual Toyota has printed in the past 20+ years, is no...not unless they plan to offer a model with a t-case that can be manually shifted into neutral (and they'd still tell you not to do it in the manual).

It's a shame...

Was talking to a friend and there dealership has replaced 2 motors so far in the LX600.

I had a new Tundra as a rental last week and I will take a hard pass going forward on these motors.

You will have to get a pedal controller the throttles on these are bad.

I will stick with V8s...and my love of big oil

Was talking to a friend and there dealership has replaced 2 motors so far in the LX600.

I had a new Tundra as a rental last week and I will take a hard pass going forward on these motors.

Did they say the cause of failure for the LX engines?

Unfortunately I am hearing bad things about the engine failures in the Tundras. I was at one of our sponsoring dealerships talking to the sales manager and he told me of 3 Tundras that his dealership sold that have had full engine failures. He did not go into detail as to what the failures were. Like you, I will stick with our 2014 CrewMax with the gas guzzling 5.7.........it's a beast and has only let me down once in 165k miles when the water pump s*** the bed. (Truth be told, I knew it needed to be changed and I had all the parts to do it except the water pump itself. It was going to be at my house after Ramble last year and I was going to change it when we got back. Instead, the dealer in Hot Springs got to do it for me. :bang: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom