2022 VDJ76 70th Anniversary Edition - GCC spec - Sandy The Camel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wanted a V8, not sold in CR 🤷🏻‍♂️

I guess win some, lose some....
Don't have any regrets about the V8, I'd take it over pretty well any other Toyota engine any day of the week.

The V6 with 230PS has more power than the V8, from factory.
You can change the calibration to 272hp (also original Toyota calibration!), which most of the V6 in Europe have to comply with current Euro 6 regulations. Then you'd have even more torque (440Nm instead of 430Nm on the V8).
It has no extra emissions crap like EGR, DPF and so on. Just naturally aspirated.
The engine has less than half the weight.
It is less complex to repair.
Gasoline is cheaper in CR.
I don't see the benefit from the V8 in your case.
The V6 sounds fantastic aswell.
To me the V6 is a clear winner – if the 1HZ is not part of the discussion. (If I could I would have bought a 1HZ without any Extras, but that is impossible in the developed countries)
Have you driven a vehicle with all of these engines?

Got those two!! 🙌🏼 imported for Australia... Got'em form PDP 👌🏼 yup... I'm proactive...or OCD 🤷🏻‍♂️
99% of 1VDs here have an additional fuel filter and a catch can. The nearest dealer to me offers to supply and fit them. I'd call it smart rather than OCD.

I think my bride laughed when I said out loud “ Damn, that Tan Square Body 70th is just dead sexy!“

I tried to stage the same photo with my 76 Series. 😁
0B24A14A-AFC3-4710-9A69-7C5D18EECECC.jpeg
145ADE1C-739E-4499-9FD4-BB0CED1C9134.jpeg

Killer truck, looks really good
instaed of Sandy The Camel you should call it The Sandy Camel 🐫

Beautiful truck!

As for the 1VD. My "company cars" are 76s and 200s powered by modified 1VDs. They drive well enough considering the trucks are armored weighing between 12700 and 13100 Ibs dry. Yes, over 13k lbs on the scales before pax and removable gear. And sorry as much as I would love to post pics of them I really can't. 😞

With that much load, the (modified) 1VD drives like a 1FZ in a stock 80 (that's in terms of power, not suspension/braking performance). I also had a chance to try this modified drivetrain in a thin skin. Blew my mind... The torque was just stupid, even compared to a stock 1VD.

I did notice that the DPF was killing the 1VDs soundtrack in both versions. And since our trucks came without EGR from the modifier, the DPF was getting plugged out with particles frequently and the regeneration cycles were a bit ineffective. Perhaps the added load was a factor as well.

Deleting DPF is not an option for us sadly, as it's part of the vehicles' profile.

i hate you

so jealous......

do you have any more dash and front seat pics?

i hate you

so jealous......

do you have any more dash and front seat pics?
I won't share with haters... 😡

LoL... Just kidding, it's a good excuse to hate 🤷🏻‍♂️

Got those pics on IG overlanding506 (Jan 5th post)

Have a great weekend!

i should have put some smilies after that 😁
:)

Beautiful 76! Love the piano black flares on the tan color looks great! The stripes look great as well!

If it's a GCC spec 76. You could remove the EGR and add a block off plate. The computers will not trigger any code.

with that being said. The only up side for non EGR on a 1VD is lower temps. On the dunes, they run cooler than with EGR so people in my part of the world would block it off.

I personally don't think you should. They burn cleaner and you really have an extra step in maintenance. It's really not that big of a deal. It would make sense to remove it if you're chasing high power and you're hot rodding it. Otherwise, leave it with EGR.

Juan is on point for the process to clean the build up. I'd add the fuel quality also affects the burn and build up.

Beautiful 76! Love the piano black flares on the tan color looks great! The stripes look great as well!

If it's a GCC spec 76. You could remove the EGR and add a block off plate. The computers will not trigger any code.

with that being said. The only up side for non EGR on a 1VD is lower temps. On the dunes, they run cooler than with EGR so people in my part of the world would block it off.

I personally don't think you should. They burn cleaner and you really have an extra step in maintenance. It's really not that big of a deal. It would make sense to remove it if you're chasing high power and you're hot rodding it. Otherwise, leave it with EGR.

Juan is on point for the process to clean the build up. I'd add the fuel quality also affects the burn and build up.
Thanks man!!! I'm more of a black matte guy and don't particularly love the side decals. I'll be replacing those with the ones shown in the attached pic... But to each their own... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yup... GCC, imported from UAE...

On the EGR topic, I need confess I'm totally ignorant on Diesel vehicle's (gasoline/petrol same level of knowledge) but I have learnt a lot from the comments shared by y'all and doing online research... So far I really love the community vibe! 🙌🏼

I'm fairly sure this vehicle won't touch desert terrain in it's lifetime.... On the other hand it will deal with muddy and jungle like scenarios, nothing extreme so I'm sure it's power (without modifications) is more than enough...

I don't think I'll be tweaking the EGR setup, but then again, never say never... 😂😂😂😂 We'll see as time goes by...

I've saved Juan post to keep it in mind, good advice! 👍🏼

Cheers!

Screenshot_20230123_085709.jpg

Last edited:
@overlanding506 beautiful truck. Thank you for posting. I am looking to add your 70th anniversary shift console and parking brake bezel to my 70-series.

I have found the shift console fairly easily. However, the parking brake bezel has been difficult to locate.

Where are you finding diagrams for your truck? PartSouq, Amayama, ToyoDIY, none of these list anything 70th Anniversary. I figured I would ask you here before I start bothering the parts people on the phone.

1680691615800.png

@overlanding506 beautiful truck. Thank you for posting. I am looking to add your 70th anniversary shift console and parking brake bezel to my 70-series.

I have found the shift console fairly easily. However, the parking brake bezel has been difficult to locate.

Where are you finding diagrams for your truck? PartSouq, Amayama, ToyoDIY, none of these list anything 70th Anniversary. I figured I would ask you here before I start bothering the parts people on the phone.

View attachment 3291325

Here you go

PZ319-60145
PZ319-60151
PZ316-60086

These are JPIO port installed options (OEM dealer accessories)

Here you go

PZ319-60145
PZ319-60151
PZ316-60086

These are JPIO port installed options (OEM dealer accessories)
Wow, THANK YOU. Where did you find these part numbers? I'd love to do this myself next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom