2018 CMCC Registration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My first event, had an outstanding time. Thanks for everyone's hospitality. After the first "who are you?" at the campfire everyone couldn't have been nicer. Appreciate the ride alongs with Dave, Gary and Andy. Bruce sharing his sandwich at lunch. I must have looked hungry! I know the Toyotas are amazing vehicles and the experienced drivers made it look easy. Very cool experience.

Of course I immediately started looking for a vehicle I could wheel. Don't really need another car in the driveway. Pretty sure I'm going to set up the 72 FJ40 with some sliders, a winch and lockers. Hopefully in the future join the fun

A few more
IMG_1897 (002).jpg
IMG_1899 (002).jpg
IMG_1906 (002).jpg

IMG_1906 (002).jpg

I can't believe how many pics I had to go throw before getting to a Brother Burl nip shot!!

Looks like you all had a blast! Sorry I missed it.
But I was cleared Monday by the spine doc. I'll be out for the Fall event!

Didn't do much socializing with too many of the club members, in fact I never saw Crusha

I was truckless (steering issue), and arrived at camp early Friday evening with my youngest daughter, set up camp, sat in my chair by the fire, and that was it for the night. Aaron @Pacer and I got a late start on Saturday morning. He had his son, Theo, with him, so we had a full truck. Stopped at the diner near 81 for a mediocre meal that took forever to arrive. Got to RC at around ten :rolleyes: and ended up going across the street with Beno, his wife, BK, Matt Walls, and a few guys I never met before, to hit a bunch of blues. Aaron lead the way and I navigated. We had an awesome day. A lot of the blues were much more difficult due to all the recent rains washing everything out. The initial plan was to be off the trails by 1:30 (not my choice...) , but we ended up staying out until threeish. Aaron and I had promised we'd take the kids to the pool. After we got back to camp and cleaned up, it was after four. We took the kids to the pool for about an hour and a half. I skipped the dinner and ended up skipping the raffle as well. Just wasn't in the mood to be in a hot room full of people when I could make dinner for Aaron, myself, and the kids, and then chill out by the fire and drink bourbon. Oh yeah...and play with tiny trucks! We missed ya Gary!

Wow, That was my first event and you guys were right. It was/is a blast. How often can so many like minded people get together and just have fun? Thanks to Ben, I got to lead a merry band of travelers through an area that Virginia and I have become quite familiar with over the past 25 years or so and want to do it again. They were all pleasantly surprised that many of the roads we wheeled were way less maintained than the typical forest road. Only minor damage occurred. A trailer leveling jack ran away from it's owner so the other was removed before it too ran away, and just one sway bar link broke. Thanks to Jason, Regina, Robert, Avery, Ernie, Collin, Rick and Cliff for lots of conversation, jokes, and insight. Next time I'll set myself up to spend a little more time behind the lens..
camp.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom