2017 what have you done to your 4 x 4 lately? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Zane gave me the list of mandrel bent pipes to purchase to get this done.

2@2.5" diameter 304 stainless, 3.75" radius, 16 gauge, 180 degree bends.

Also need some straight tube, I think I already have a 4' stick.

bought from madrelbends.com

He did a V band, I will probably just weld it on, so not needed.

I might have the heat shield from an early 80 series we can use as a pattern.

@FZJ80 in KC -- I thought your exhaust was different due to the early 80... is it the same at that point after the cats?

So, who wants to save some shipping and do a group buy?

@FZJ80 in KC -- I thought your exhaust was different due to the early 80... is it the same at that point after the cats?

Shoot, good point. And I have no cats, with the exhaust bent over the arm of my slider. I will probably send the truck down to my buddy's friend in southern MO to do complete custom from engine back, with new hangers and all. He says he thinks he'll charge me like $300-400 total.

As it turns out, Sears will warranty my battery if they deem it to fail - leaving me with a brand new Sears Die Hard Gold battery (3 year free replacement warranty) that will remain unused. At this point, I don't have any use for a new 24F battery because I just replaced mine and don't feel right "returning" my battery to Costco. I'd rather help a fellow Cruiser owner that may have a struggling battery or an old one for a song.

If they replace the battery for me, does anybody want to buy a deeply discounted, brand new battery for their Cruiser? $50 will recoup my core charge at Costco, some gas money, and breakfast.

As it turns out, Sears will warranty my battery if they deem it to fail - leaving me with a brand new Sears Die Hard Gold battery (3 year free replacement warranty) that will remain unused. At this point, I don't have any use for a new 24F battery because I just replaced mine and don't feel right "returning" my battery to Costco. I'd rather help a fellow Cruiser owner that may have a struggling battery or an old one for a song.

If they replace the battery for me, does anybody want to buy a deeply discounted, brand new battery for their Cruiser? $50 will recoup my core charge at Costco, some gas money, and breakfast.

Pretty sure that @StucknKS needs one, and I have a core that I can give you to get that back from Costco.

Talked to Jack. I'll take it..

As you know I need to repair mine so I’m in on a group buy.

looks like 3 sets then? Jess, Mike and me for the over the frame? I know Rob K. already got his done.

I have a 94 which has dual cats. If this will work for it I’m in.

I have a 94 which has dual cats. If this will work for it I’m in.

Dual cats in a row? That is the same as the 95-97.

Mike has dual cats side by side. Like this setup. In fact, I thought he would already have the exhaust over the frame.

upload_2018-10-4_11-14-2.png

part for the heat shield is (58153-60030)., not available anymore. Hope i have one of these for a pattern

shield-2-jpg.932793

Dual cats in a row? That is the same as the 95-97.

Mike has dual cats side by side. Like this setup. In fact, I thought he would already have the exhaust over the frame.

View attachment 1803491

part for the heat shield is (58153-60030)., not available anymore. Hope i have one of these for a pattern

shield-2-jpg.932793
Correct, my factory exhaust is already routed over the frame, and I would think Patrick's is too.

My cats are side by side. I think mine is routed over the frame already. But mine has so many holes in it I haven’t really
Paid attention.

If you have a 96/97 with inline cats you will have to delete the down stream cat to do the over frame exhaust. Regarding the heat shield. I was able to pull the factory shield that was used for the down stream cat and re shape it to work for now. I'm on the hunt for a used one off of a 94/95 rig but this will work for now. Bad picture but you get the idea.

IMG_0542.jpg

@trainrech, My daughter Morgan and I saw u on Commercial st Sat afternoon. I was up for Chi Omega’s Dads Day and we spotted you pulling out of a parking spot...honked and waived but u prob didn’t notice...just another hillbilly in a GMC truck. Noticed your top was back on too!

Long story short after a 4 hours of hard wheeling I put the rig in park on a steep hill while Ben got through another obstacle in front of me. After few minutes I could not get it out of park. I pushed the neutral reset and got it to go into drive....after much research I came up with the brake pedal switch because the fuse that says TAIL was good....after I switch the part still no brake lights or ability to shift out of park. Went on mud and someone did a very detailed write up of things to check....well I guess our Lc80 has another fuse that says STOP :rofl:.... I did not check that and to my defense 4 other experienced wheeling buddies did too. and that was the problem...in case someone else runs into this....

@trainrech, My daughter Morgan and I saw u on Commercial st Sat afternoon. I was up for Chi Omega’s Dads Day and we spotted you pulling out of a parking spot...honked and waived but u prob didn’t notice...just another hillbilly in a GMC truck. Noticed your top was back on too!
Sorry, not very observant when driving. I was chuckling as I had come out from the coffee shop and watched a guy taking pictures of it while his girlfriend/wife was waiting impatiently further up the sidewalk.

Changed out a drive flange, thanks @2fpower . Changed the oil and filter. While warming it up for the oil change the radiator let go in the garage. Luckily oreillys will have one in today at 2:30. I guess that’s tomorrow’s project.

0D9AE27D-28AB-48DF-B9E3-75AB0ABD74AE.jpeg

Rear door lights and switch to turn off roof light.
4ECD4C4C-C106-43F8-B598-82417F468894.jpeg
56930A98-FC22-43E7-8A79-520C5FF8DE84.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom