2017 what have you done to your 4 x 4 lately? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the tips. I'll be measuring what comes out and refilling as needed. I'll also be sure to check the dipstick.

True, I might try a gravity flush. The truck came from Utah so hopefully no seized nuts/bolts/screws.

Its not that the bleeders seize up. Essentially corrosion sets into the tiny output hole. So, when you turn them to the open position nothing comes out. You will know right away if that's the case though.

Its not that the bleeders seize up. Essentially corrosion sets into the tiny output hole. So, when you turn them to the open position nothing comes out. You will know right away if that's the case though.

Ahh, I gotcha. Hopefully not the case but I’ll find out this weekend. Thanks

start soaking bleeders with some penetrating lube.

Fixed my power steering leaks, I think. New high and low pressure hoses. It’s hard to tell if the leak is fixed, since I didn’t get the banjo bolt tight and coated my entire engine compartment with ATF. After redoing all connections and replacing an O ring that wasn’t leaking when I started it appears to be fixed. Thanks Kelly for the pics and advice.

Worked on the 200 this week: New leather steering wheel cover and Viofo A119 dash cam installed (Birthday and Xmas presents). Oil change with Mobil 1 and TRD filter today. Lubed U-joints (dealer usually skips this step). Rotated the KO2s and replaced all brake pads with TRD performance pads. Got them nice and hot with the recommended bedding-in procedure. Much better stopping power now.
On the 80: Slee lighting harness upgrade for brighter headlights. Doing their lighting harness and switch for some LED auxiliary lights tomorrow.

5B5C10A2-F44F-406F-9A1C-E3359EC0D994.jpeg
Accidentally posted this in the garage sale and can’t manage to delete it.. sorry guys:

Success. Used Castrol full-synthetic ATF (on sale for $4.99/qt right now). Choosing between that and Mobil 1 for twice as much ($10.29/qt) was probably the hardest decision I’ve had to make since moving to Kansas, ha. Everyone swears by Mobil 1 but I’ve heard the switch to full synthetic is a game changer in itself.

I’m having trouble verifying the fluid level, though. I measured carefully what came out and put in maybe 3/4qt additional fluid. There’s not a hard line but it still looks like it’s low (usually just above the cold line to somewhere between the hot and cold). This is measured hot, on level ground, with the truck running. My dipstick has a zig-zag in it that in effect reduces the length and would skew the measurements IF it’s not meant to be there... does everyone’s dipstick have this zig-zag?
EDF555E5-CC2F-4352-8D33-4B2A47E2161C.jpeg

Picked up parts from the sandblaster on Friday, he did a great job, still have my plastic paint booth set up in the garage so got everything painted. This should be the last of the truck parts, so I can hopefully get it back on the road
62D5FF73-21E3-4623-A4F4-33FD04C65050.jpeg
70684C6C-CFCE-40B7-A29A-FE2FBD26FB98.jpeg
AD571B59-9289-4742-81C2-15B8C0540B04.jpeg

EC664455-A26A-4ED6-A897-C7487DB16E91.jpeg

Did my first install a vinyl graphics this weekend. Watched a bunch of YouTube videos first, did one wwe method one dry method. Both turned out relatively good. Matt black on the purple, was hoping to end up with ghost look. With the flash on the camera it shows up more than normal.
CF2A434C-1853-4392-80EC-BA334F8A7885.jpeg
CE3A36DC-3A68-4A90-BB7B-4E574D52EDAA.jpeg

Truck is all together... needs a car wash something terrible.
C9EE54DD-2DB0-4C9B-9FA7-17D518164C94.jpeg

Installed a lightly used Sony XAV-AX100 that I picked up off eBay. I used a firmware hack that someone else posted on here to remove the caution prompt on startup and replace with a Land Cruiser icon. Modified one of the switch blanks to take the USB port (which I also had to modify to fit between the plastic tabs on the backside of the switch blank).

1158ADFF-632B-4B0E-97D1-716F6310A95A.jpeg

6C847C07-FE3F-4CCB-9016-EB352A3D801F.jpeg

Also, changed my oil with Mobil 1 HM fully-synthetic and YZZD3 filter. Is anyone still able to get ahold of 20004 filters? I read through plenty of threads but all seem to be dated back to 2013/14.

Replaced front and rear door speakers with the pioneer replacements to keep the stock speaker grilles. I had to remove the “Y” on the rear grilles and the speakers fit with a few mm of clearance. I’m far from an audiophile but the new head unit and new speakers sound great compared to the old busted speakers. I have plenty of the neoprene for the gaskets if anyone local needs some.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Installed a lightly used Sony XAV-AX100 that I picked up off eBay. I used a firmware hack that someone else posted on here to remove the caution prompt on startup and replace with a Land Cruiser icon. Modified one of the switch blanks to take the USB port (which I also had to modify to fit between the plastic tabs on the backside of the switch blank).

View attachment 1630937
View attachment 1630939

Also, changed my oil with Mobil 1 HM fully-synthetic and YZZD3 filter. Is anyone still able to get ahold of 20004 filters? I read through plenty of threads but all seem to be dated back to 2013/14.

I thought that Onur was getting these. @beno

I wouldn't get to hung up on them. There are so many good quality filters available out there local to you.

So, windows, is first thing to do replace the rubber runs?

So, windows, is first thing to do replace the rubber runs?

I read a thread where someone recommended just pulling the runs (with the windows rolled down all the way) and cleaning them with soap and water and toothbrush. Reinstall while still wet. He was doing a restoration and said they performed like new afterwards. I’ve been planning on trying this as mine are pretty sluggish.

I read a thread where someone recommended just pulling the runs (with the windows rolled down all the way) and cleaning them with soap and water and toothbrush. Reinstall while still wet. He was doing a restoration and said they performed like new afterwards. I’ve been planning on trying this as mine are pretty sluggish.
Read the same. Guess that’s worth a try if still supple.

For sluggish windows, I clean the runs, pull and re-grease the gearbox, and modify the assist spring to add more lift tension.

@beno is stocking these 20004 filters. He has self-imported these for those that insist upon them.

This is incorrect. -20004 filters are now gone. No one can get them in Denso Japan form.

I stock the -41010's The big filter.

Sorry, I was reading a post about the oil filter last night in one of the "Wix Oil Filter" threads and saw this number. It must have been an older thread than I thought.

Thanks for the update!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom