Builds 2013 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Chinook build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's gonna look awesome with a "Left-Hand Drive" placard on the back.:)

I finished building the interior of the kitchen cabinet (shelves and fridge surround) and glued and screwed it in place... I am excited to shift my focus to the finishing and systems...12 and 120 volt wiring and LP lines.... tomorrow I will bondo my countersunk screw holes and get ready to paint the plywood interior components.

IMG_8198.JPG

Sweet. That thing looks cavernous!

Got the finish base grey painted on the interior and did a couple of faux samples with my darker grey wash. Maybe get that done tomorrow so I can get it reassembled.
Scored some nice PergoMax flooring off the clearance rack at Lowe’s... $5 a box! Kind of a scraped hickory that compliments the zebra wood really well. I had grey vinyl in mind but the wood look kind of breaks up all the greys....

D53E3805-10CA-42B9-A843-A38416B921A1.jpeg

FFB7C20D-C2FA-40F4-A4E2-C519EFD5989F.jpeg

CE7AF3FF-86F5-45B3-A12E-2655F0D63330.jpeg

Finished the faux paint today and it came out NICE! Started out a little rocky until I got through the learning curve down... the light grey base coat was done and then the wash/glaze. The wash was about 1/3 medium Grey and 2/3 water mixed and then painted on quickly with a wet brush...then worked with a dry brush until it was just starting to tack but still wet enough to stamp with a crumpled up plastic grocery bag to create the variations... Below is a pic of the painted finish with my per go floor... tomorrow zi will put the interior back together and maybe start on the flooring!
I can really see it completely done in the near near future... Feels awesome!

IMG_8221.JPG

IMG_8222.JPG

IMG_8224.JPG

IMG_8227.JPG

IMG_8226.JPG

I began installing the faux painted pieces today. Also fabricated and installed the first hardwood trim piece to show my wife my vision for the end product! ... and the painted panel on the front of the fridge looks great...
I also ran PVC wire chases from the generator to under the bench on the passenger side so it will be simple when I start pulling wires to my power distribution area.

7856E9B5-951C-4527-8356-1ACAF9F9E225.jpeg

87B84C99-0935-41E4-A414-4CBD4E8C7AAF.jpeg

Such an awesome build!!! For someone says they have no woodworking skills, your work surely doesnt reflect that.

We love our Thetford Curve. It has the wife's TWO BUNS UP!! seal of approval.

Such an awesome build!!! For someone says they have no woodworking skills, your work surely doesnt reflect that.

We love our Thetford Curve. It has the wife's TWO BUNS UP!! seal of approval.
Thank you Steve... and a 2 buns up rating is awesome!

No big doings today but I got the fridge leveled and firmed up my game plan for installing my PergoMax floors. I am planning to run an aluminum “L” tile trim around all the hatches and elevation transitions and then cut my boards to the aluminum. I will match my grain through the hatches and line up my seams from the lower entry area to the main floor...running the grain horizontally on the risers.... I am excited to get it installed!

EAB27781-1D00-4023-B1E2-4933D8871BFA.jpeg

Glad I don’t have to try and make a living installing floors in RVs! ..very slow going but it will look really nice when I am done...Matching thegrains through the hatches.

B343E2FE-28A7-4129-B365-E2CCA12D4A35.jpeg

Back working today and got the floors done... I am using some of the Zebrawood to trim out the storage hatches in the Acess cab.

Also picked up the pop up canvas today. It was made by a marine canvas/ sail maker. It is nice. Made out of Stamoid fabric and has zip outs with screens...the top and bottom were reinforced with dacron sail reinforcement so it will take a beating if I get caught in windy conditions...

IMG_8347.JPG

IMG_8355.JPG

IMG_8357.JPG

IMG_8346.JPG

I got the infrastructure done today for the a.c. installation. I cut a hole for a 2" wire grommet for the 110v plug....made some angle aluminum tabs for the 4" duct fan and installed the fan.....then cut a piece of 1" divinicel and contact cemented a piece of rubber shower pan membrane to create my condensation drain...draining the condensate through a plastic hose barb to a 5/8" ID hose to the ground. ... Also cut a 4 1/2" hole for a plastic marine inspection port on the side of the AC cabinet so I am able to access the nuts to be able to remove the propane mount without removing the air conditioner.... i need to be able to remove the LP mounts when I put the rig in a 20' shipping container in the near future...without the LP mounts the truck is 19' 5" bumper to bumper!
Tomorrow I will get the AC in tomorrow. The basic premise of installing a window shaker without a window is to separate and isolate the inside air from the outside air and then to partition the 'outside the window' air with another partition with the units fan taking in fresh cool outside air and then using the 4" duct fan to draw the hot air from the coils and expel it outside... then drain the condensed water...
If that makes any sense! I will set up the AC outlet on a switch so when the air is in use the duct fan will be on...it is going to work well!

IMG_8389.JPG

IMG_8392.JPG

IMG_8393.JPG

IMG_8396.JPG

I got a bunch of stuff done today despite my lack of confidence in my AC venting... I will get some advise and look into higher volume fans... i did a test in place and think i need more fresh air volume on the exhaust side. .to be continued...
I dressed out my closet floor/removable generator hatch with pergo flooring and made some of the transition trim pieces that needed to happen before I button up the wall coverings.
The electric is getting ready to happen... I have thought it all through pretty well. My friend Paul gave me some sexy slim line little flat brushed aluminum puck lights with a dimmer that were left over from a cruise ship installation. I also have a pair of 12 volt fans. A boat captain old friend is helping me with the wiring and has contributed a bunch of wiring and electrical odds and ends...

IMG_8408.JPG

IMG_8409.JPG

IMG_8410.JPG

IMG_8413.JPG

I love the progress! Looking good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom