2013-2015 LX 570 Current Pricing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CactusHopper

aka PapaCruiser
SILVER Star
Threads
UPDATE:

Well, the deed is done. I purchased the 90k 2013 from Gullo Toyota. For those that are interested:

- Gullo realigned it the next morning after I commented that it was clearly out of alignment. I will post the alignment picture in the thread. It was massively out of alignment in front. This helped a ton with the handling, though I still found the handling a bit sloppy/loose but generally good (more on this later).
- Gullo said the auto wipers were working but finicky due to the non-OEM glass (more on this later haha).
- I took it to Clear Choice Lexus (Houston) for a pre-purchase inspection ($215) and talked through my concerns and questions. They concluded the following:
- No major concerns such as the cam oil leak or other obvious issues
- Drives fine/normal in their opinion
- Front shocks need replacing (!) which they agreed probably explains the bit of bouncy/jittery I could feel, particularly at 75-80 mph
- Tires are evenly worn with 20k left (Yokohama Geolandar H/T GO56; 285/50R20 - these are highway all-season not the all-terrain geolandars)
- Alignment from Gullo looks good and they specifically said they would trust Gullo's numbers and in general trust them not to sell a car with major frame/alignment issues (this was my main concern and they put me at ease)
- Auto rain sensor was not 100% flush/sealed to window; they fixed it and it works fine now (!)
- Quoted me $1,200 for both front shocks and $150 for alignment to take to Gullo
- Told me it looks like a great buy
- Gullo and I agreed I would walk away with a net positive $600 after trade-in and fees due to the shocks (via check); this will cover half of the quote
- I drove away with it and realized that the front window actually is Lexus OEM, the sticker was just 70% rubbed off because they applied some dealer tracking sticker there (!)

Final price was around $35,200 plus around $300 for title and fees.

So I will be looking at new front shocks at some point, which is fine. We also need to remove the PPF but I'm in no rush.

Thanks to everyone for your input, it definitely helped me think through the options. So far everyone (grandparents as well) agrees the LX is clearly more comfortable and spacious than the GX, even if it doesn't appear so much so on paper. Hoping to get a good 15 years and 150k+ out of this!

////

I would appreciate general thoughts on 2013-2015 LX 570 pricing as I'm in the market for one and there are several in Houston near me.

Below is a summary with links to the posting. Let's assume they all have equivalent service records and are in "good" shape for this discussion...

Red listings are the ones I'm most interested in mainly because they are local.

LinkSellerMYMileageMi/YrPriceKBB LowKBB HighExteriorInterior
LINKMonaco (FL)201352,0005,200$41,000GreyBlack
LINKNorth Park (SA)201588,00011,000$39,791--BlackWhite
LINKGullo Toyota201390,0009,000$37,000$29,463$34,060SilverWhite
LINKPark Place (Dallas)201492,00010,222$37,771--WhiteWhite
LINKGillman Subaru201498,00010,889$38,000--BlackBlack
LINKUnited (Dallas)2014114,00012,667$38,000--GreyBlack
LINKPrivate2013121,00012,100$34,500$22,339$31,938BlackBlack
LINKPrivate @ Clear Choice2014124,00013,778$38,950$27,839$32,666WhiteBlack
LINKPrivate2014139,00015,444$36,500$26,420$31,067GreyBlack
LINKPrivate (Irving)2013140,00014,000$33,500--BlackWhite
LINKPrivate2013143,00014,300$29,000$22,808$27,121GreyBlack
LINKClear Choice2013151,00015,100$31,000$26,161$30,758GreyBlack
(removed, this was a GX)

Other than the 151k, they are all well over KBB range. I checked NADA, same thing. I guess people are hoping they can do well... The $124k seems well out of range, but it has TOYO AT3s and victory slides and a Grom Vline, so guess the seller is trying to get value back. Most of these have been sitting (photos of odometer show several thousand miles difference) so I am hoping most of these will come down a bit in price.

Our use case will be 7,500-10,000 mi/yr on cross-country camping trips with mild offroading (FSRs, beach, snow, etc.). I don't intend to do major rock climbing or to lift it. I do plan on towing a 15-25 ft trailer at near or at GVWR/tow capacity on half those miles per year. I would like it to serve us well for 10-15 years, so 75,000 to 150,000 more miles.

Without seeing them yet (I will this week), I am leaning towards the 151k and hoping issues are minimal... The 121k has great records but I wanted to avoid black due to heat. Maybe that's silly if it's the best deal...

Once I narrow these down, I'll post more specifics on records, issues, etc. I just want to hear from folks on the mileage and price vs. our use case (150k max over 15 years). FYI, I've read up on several of the threads with these questions and know what to look for in an older LX, just still seems like a lot for high mileage. : )

/// Quick update - I am leaning towards the 90k for $36k due to lower mileage. See latest posts for details... Will update with any conclusions!

Thanks a bunch.

Last edited:
I would appreciate input on this record. This is the 90k silver at Gullo for $36k (they just reduced it $1k online; I'm seeing it tomorrow). I'm showing below what was done via carfax and not done per maintenance schedule.

Questions/comments I have:

1. Tires early on are odd but maybe he had a bad alignment.
2. No more "##,000" service noted but took it in every 5k for oil and occasionally did extra.
3. Drive belt fixed is one less thing for me to fix?
4. Trans and power steering flush seems positive, if done right by Gullo.
5. Looks like it set a while during COVID 18-20 then had trans flush and drive belt. Then another year but mileage unknown (21-Jan wasn't listed on the car fax) followed by brake and power steering. I bet they let someone else use the car (kid? in 21-May due to the change in location/habit on oil changes)?

1694728816621.png

Last edited:
Drive shaft - greasing the zerks, good it was done, nothing complicated or alarming, just regular maintenence.
Ride height - it is the AHC. It does not require repairs or adjusting so you might want to find out more what went wrong at only 59k miles
Transmission fluid check - that must be a standard thing in the list of checks the dealer has but I bet they do nothing for it on the LX. Checking fluid level is not as simple as it used to be, and I don't think the dealer did that. They probably took a look around the transmission for oil leaks and checked the box.

Drive shaft - greasing the zerks, good it was done, nothing complicated or alarming, just regular maintenence.
Ride height - it is the AHC. It does not require repairs or adjusting so you might want to find out more what went wrong at only 59k miles
Transmission fluid check - that must be a standard thing in the list of checks the dealer has but I bet they do nothing for it on the LX. Checking fluid level is not as simple as it used to be, and I don't think the dealer did that. They probably took a look around the transmission for oil leaks and checked the box.
Thanks. I figured it generally looks good. If he had real trouble with AHC it would've shown up since then I would think.

Thoughts on the 90k mileage next post? If car fax doesn't list ##,000 service performed, does that mean they literally just did oil change and waived all inspections, any greasing, etc.? LX 570 doesn't list much other than oil change and inspection though TBH, unless it falls under hard driving conditions.

Flashing the transmission by a dealer at 51k is very unusual. I hope it was just "maintenance" and not something else that prompted that.
Drive belt is no biggy, good but not impressive. What I'm not seeing is the radiator. I bet it has the original one with the crack.

Flashing the transmission by a dealer at 51k is very unusual. I hope it was just "maintenance" and not something else that prompted that.
Drive belt is no biggy, good but not impressive. What I'm not seeing is the radiator. I bet it has the original one with the crack.
It's not normal maintenance so the owner must have requested it? Either they wanted to take extra care thinking it was worth doing (which online many folks seem to suggest) or complained about the transmission and dealer thought that might help the issue. Could be the owner imagined a problem? The alignment and 4 new tires early on makes me think maybe the owner was particular - they did keep it 10 years. of course that's the rosy thinking... Other view is it was giving them tons of grief and that's why they eventually sold it. ahhhh, this is why I've bought new or 30-40k CPOs, lol.

What would I look for on the trans? Hard shifting and any hesitation? I haven't driven an LX and only have our 2018 GX for a while to compare, which seems buttery smooth.

No personal experience with bad transmission, knock on wood. The thing is that dealers will not do fluid changes let alone flushing on lifetime fluid transmissions even if customer asks or pays for it.
The scenario of an issue being reported and dealer doing it on his on analysis is more likely. In that case it is prudent to find out what the complaint was.
When I got mine I called the dealer and asked for a maintenance record with private info removed off course for owner privacy (they cut off the top and bottom of report pages). The info was much useful as it included info like what the customer complained, what they did and what part numbers were used. Some dealers do this mostly do not, but many will be willing to look in the system for a particular service date to see if they can give you some details.
Problem with tires are a lot more common than many think. I'll not assume the owner was just picky cause the dealer actually did fixing on that. Anyway that's of no importance at this time as I don't think the truck is still running those tires.
As you know you absolutely have to drive the truck before buying.

Any reason why you’re not looking at LC200’s?
Looks like there’s some decent deals in Houston and Dallas.
And there’s a 2013 1 owner at Tulsa Lexus that looks clean.
1. I had a 2021 Tacoma and it was very loud and bumpy. Wanted the more luxury feel, quietness of the LX vs LC. That said, I haven't driven a LC to say if it's really that much of a difference.

2. I will be towing and most miles will be highway to/from dirt roads. Very unlikely to do major offroading where non-stock is required. I figured the AHC would be the better option for that situation. I don't want to mess with lifts or maintaining custom shocks, etc. in order to get the LC in good order for towing. The AHC just seems a good fit for my use case.

3. They were all an additional $10k when I was looking. Didn't see the value for me in that extra cost.

Thoughts?

1. I had a 2021 Tacoma and it was very loud and bumpy. Wanted the more luxury feel, quietness of the LX vs LC. That said, I haven't driven a LC to say if it's really that much of a difference.

2. I will be towing and most miles will be highway to/from dirt roads. Very unlikely to do major offroading where non-stock is required. I figured the AHC would be the better option for that situation. I don't want to mess with lifts or maintaining custom shocks, etc. in order to get the LC in good order for towing. The AHC just seems a good fit for my use case.

3. They were all an additional $10k when I was looking. Didn't see the value for me in that extra cost.

Thoughts?
Honestly, I think your logic is pragmatic and sound!
For me, prices being equal, I’d get the LC. But I’m not planning on any towing. I’d certainly be ok getting an LX, as well, since our use cases seem pretty similar.
There are deals to be had, comparatively speaking, on LCs if you look around. But it sounds like your analysis is thorough!

So you know, AHC is not in anyway a limitation to offroad. It is great stock. And can be tweaked to match some of the best qualities of aftermarket, exceed in ways no static suspension can, with none of the drawbacks.

Here is the detailed summary for the 121k private sale (LINK).

Would appreciate any feedback on this vs. the 90k Gullo. My gut says this person took much more care/detail vs. the Gullo, which had no ##,000 services after 25k, only "oil change and filter", a few random services which are good but odd timing, Trans flush at 51k, and long periods of no driving. Gullo looks all "ok" but this one is more consistent. 90k vs 121k miles though...

Another issue with my situation is I'm trading in and would save around $1800-2000 on sales tax by going through the dealer, assuming he gives a good trade-in value on my GX. I could private sale the GX but that's a big hassle for a $40k+ vehicle...

Turns out this is a guy who purchased it a month or two ago as a personal vehicle, but he "sells on the side with a dealer's license" and is selling it to "invest cash elsewhere". Car Fax he provided doesn't show that transaction.

1694790370776.png

Last edited:
For my use case as a father of young kids, the LX is superior. Ease Access mode that automatically lowers to L when iginition is shut off is increidble for loading / unloading. the lifted 98 LC is a bit more difficult for this.

Still have the ability to lift when offroad, 35s fit with minor trimming - crushing mall curbs one at a time.

I like your 121k private sale more just because it hasn't been serviced at those quick oil places.

However, I will note that it has had one of the shocks replaced. This reads to me as the AHC globes are going bad and that is showing up by wearing out the shocks. It's not a particularly difficult job to replace them, but it is time and money. And to be fair, any of these that are going on 10 years old probably need the globes replaced anyway.

I like your 121k private sale more just because it hasn't been serviced at those quick oil places.

However, I will note that it has had one of the shocks replaced. This reads to me as the AHC globes are going bad and that is showing up by wearing out the shocks. It's not a particularly difficult job to replace them, but it is time and money. And to be fair, any of these that are going on 10 years old probably need the globes replaced anyway.
That matches with the AHC repair around 50k...?

Turns out this is a guy who purchased it a month or two ago as a personal vehicle, but he "sells on the side" and is selling it to "invest cash elsewhere". Car Fax he provided doesn't show that transaction.

That matches with the AHC repair around 50k...?

Turns out this is a guy who purchased it a month or two ago as a personal vehicle, but he "sells on the side" and is selling it to "invest cash elsewhere". Car Fax he provided doesn't show that transaction.
That AHC repair mentioned on the car fax is probably a fluid flush. 60k is the correct mileage to be doing that service, but it will not affect how quickly the globes wear. The globes are pre-pressurized and lose that pressure over time, that’s why it’s pretty safe to say that all AHC systems need that done around the 10 year mark.

Quick update. I drove the Gullo 90k just now. The parchment is super clean and I really like it with the silver. I think the car was well cared for.

Granted this is only the third LX I've driven, but compared to the others it seemed to bounce around and jitter left and right. It definitely pulled right. Below is a photo of the steering wheel when driving straight. This had 4 tires replaced and alignment at 22k and carfax shows the dealer has done an alignment after purchasing. I noticed the tire pressures were all 43 psi! I lowered them all to 22 psi and that helped smooth the ride but it still pulls with an occasional tug left/right. The "jittery" seems minor but noticeable vs my other vehicles, is that normal? Could it be associated with a poor alignment? Makes me worry it was in an unreported accident at 22k and the alignment is wonky. How would I confirm good/bad? Inspection by local indy?

Also, second photos shows a film protection presumably from original! Anyone have experience if this can be removed with damage? I can scrap it off with my finger nail but hard to tell if it will leave scratches or degrade the clear coat...?

Last photos shows headlights are faded. Can that be cleaned up better? I recall some posts suggesting it can...

1694805091434.png

1694805112773.png

1694805127577.png

1694805142721.png

You’re shopping a truck that’s 9-11 years old. They are all gonna have warts by now.

If i was in your shoes, I’d look for 1 owner, non rustbelt, with a stack of records from Lexus. I have a 2015, and my headlights are perfect. That truck you posted looks like hammered crap with only 90k miles on it. Clearly it was parked outside, and it shows.

That PPF will come off with the right technique. A sticker remover in a drill, then probably some light polishing/correction afterwards.

Headlight can be fixed as well, though it will almost certainly need periodic maintenance to stay clear.

You’re shopping a truck that’s 9-11 years old. They are all gonna have warts by now.

If i was in your shoes, I’d look for 1 owner, non rustbelt, with a stack of records from Lexus. I have a 2015, and my headlights are perfect. That truck you posted looks like hammered crap with only 90k miles on it. Clearly it was parked outside, and it shows.
Maintenance records are pretty decent, not perfect every 5k at lexus, but close. Transmission feels good. Alignment off but that can be figured out. AC and auto wipers had minor questions that the dealer is assessing.

PPF and headlight is the only blemish. Rest of the interior and exterior is perfect.

I'm leaning towards it since the other options are 120-150k (30-60k more miles) for basically the same price... Taking it for a PPI with an Indy tomorrow to confirm no major issues I can't see.

That PPF will come off with the right technique. A sticker remover in a drill, then probably some light polishing/correction afterwards.

Headlight can be fixed as well, though it will almost certainly need periodic maintenance to stay clear.
Thanks. That's what I've concluded. Called a body shop to discuss. Worst case, it will have a slight difference in shade due to UV exposure differences, maybe some scratches. For us I'd rather have some minor discoloration and 60k extra miles.... I think the PPF has really brought down the value.

Interior is mint except for one scratch in leather on driver's left bolster. Exterior elsewhere looks fantastic as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom