200's to Cruise Moab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

752B13C0-95F2-4958-9C80-C5C5A798F77C.JPG

Really enjoyed ourselves at CM. We're planning to go next year.

@msnow - what sort of things have you done to yours? It appears mostly stock, any suspension things? I'm wondering how it did at Moan considering what you may have modified or upgraded, or didn't?

35s, 2.5" Icon, tundra front shafts, 4.88 gears and lockers so it had it where it counts. As long as you don't mind some bumper damage it seemed like it would go up anything I threw at it. I didn't do some of the real hard trails because I didn't have rocker protection and did not want to rip a bumper off. First time for me wheeling on that kind of rock but it was a lot of fun. I will go back soon once i get some protection.

35s, 2.5" Icon, tundra front shafts, 4.88 gears and lockers so it had it where it counts. As long as you don't mind some bumper damage it seemed like it would go up anything I threw at it. I didn't do some of the real hard trails because I didn't have rocker protection and did not want to rip a bumper off. First time for me wheeling on that kind of rock but it was a lot of fun. I will go back soon once i get some protection.

Sorry we didnt get a chance to meet. I would have liked to have seen your 35 inch tire setup

I saw your 200 at Slickrock the night of the dinner, and I really like your setup. It's deceiving in the pics, but it is TALL! How do you like the ride on the Icon setup?

Thanks @msnow - it is definitely deceiving in the pics, but you can tell there's something going on there - it looks great.

Why did you put in the Tundra front shafts? Are the 200's considered weak or something?

Is the 2.5" ICON just the front lift, or is there some rear clearance increase necessary, too? To clear the 35's.

Did you find the lockers a necessary thing, as compared to the Toyota crawl control stuff?

Sorry for all the questions, but it's a curiosity to me - my 2017 is so new it hasn't seen dirt yet, so I have no idea how it does, and I'm old school off-road anyhow - before all this stuff came out.

Here's a quick iphone video while my buddy works on the drone footage and other stuff we got on camera. This was an optional line at the end of Hells Revenge, and as you can see the 200 just walked up it. I was impressed (as were many others) at how well the 200 did.

@msnow - I looked at the 2.5" Icon, and now I realize that is the shock diameter, not the lift. Sorry, I'm not that familiar with these products. So I guess my question about the lift would come down to how much? Did you do the full system front and rear? Etc.

Thanks

@msnow - I looked at the 2.5" Icon, and now I realize that is the shock diameter, not the lift. Sorry, I'm not that familiar with these products. So I guess my question about the lift would come down to how much? Did you do the full system front and rear? Etc.

Thanks
you can gain 3.6" in height with the Icon 2.5 lift. that's all adjustable so you determine the height by your needs, wants or desires. I've been running this system for a few years and rebuilt it once already. Its a great system if you don't mind spending the coin for the initial purchase and the service after so many miles, depending on usage and environments

Looking for some input from you guys that just attended Cruise Moab with their 200.

I'll be heading to Moab this week for 3 days. Planning on running White Rim one day, 7-mile Rim and Top of the World on day 2 and Fins-n-Things and Hell's Revenge on day three.

I have ran all of these trails at least once before, but I'm taking a friend for his first Moab trip. I'm just curious if all those trails are in good condition.

Looking for some input from you guys that just attended Cruise Moab with their 200.

I'll be heading to Moab this week for 3 days. Planning on running White Rim one day, 7-mile Rim and Top of the World on day 2 and Fins-n-Things and Hell's Revenge on day three.

I have ran all of these trails at least once before, but I'm taking a friend for his first Moab trip. I'm just curious if all those trails are in good condition.
You may already know this BUT If your time allows make the white rim a multiday trip. Night skys are crazy beautiful and theres much to explore. Itd be a shame to blast through it unless thats what you gotta do. Safe travels man!

That is a very packed schedule! I agree with Willy - I'd try to do White Rim in 2 days, and I would suggest maybe only doing Top of the World or 7 mile Rim instead of both on the same day. I guess if you're traveling light and quick without a convoy of trucks you can get through faster, but the first 2 are very long days either way. Hells and Fins are easy to do back to back, and I did just that last week. If you only have a max of 3 days you can spend, I'd either omit WR altogether and do 7 mile that day, then Top of the World the next, and Hells and Fins the last day. Or, I'd do WR over 2 days, and then do Hells and Fins the last day and skip the others. I think it's a good idea to have some buffer in there for rest and contingency in case you get a flat or break something.

Yeah, I only have 3 days. I've done White Rim in one day twice before (once in each direction), so that's no problem.

If 7-mile takes too long, I may do Long Canyon instead of ToW.

Thanks for the input.

Fun trip. Ended up running Elephant Hill, Dome Plateau, and Fins in Moab and Mojave trail en route. Was a good break-in for the new suspension which I was thoroughly impressed with. Time for new bumpers... then again... they look just fine!

@Romer and @msnow nice to meet you guys. @msnow your truck is a beast!

In the process of compiling and editing pics and vids, def have some better action shots but for now...

Near the end of Mojave Rd... passed the "road closed" sign from the other direction. Needless to say that if it that portion of the trail was meant to be closed, we still made it through (wash-outs on some of the mountain passes).

2017-04-30-11h58m33.JPG
Spent a few nights in Needles at Devils Kitchen via Elephant Hill - my buddy was driving at the time (thank god) and at first he was up too high the wall and almost made contact with the wall.

IMG_20170501_195631.jpg
IMG_20170501_200003.jpg
BLM camping site outside of Bryce Canyon, sick spots out near Tropic Resevoir. Used the lights installed previously to play some cards near the fire. My buddy saying hi.

IMG_20170506_204639.jpg

Last but not least, the damage from the trip. I'll take it.

IMG_20170504_130959.jpg

10 total days - SD via Mojave Rd, Grand Canyon, and Canyonlands on the way to Moab, and then Arches, Bryce, and Zion on the way back.

you can gain 3.6" in height with the Icon 2.5 lift. that's all adjustable so you determine the height by your needs, wants or desires. I've been running this system for a few years and rebuilt it once already. Its a great system if you don't mind spending the coin for the initial purchase and the service after so many miles, depending on usage and environments
@Willy beamin , thanks for the reply, that's good to know. Interesting that these are rebuildable in the first place, that makes them worth a bit extra in my book. I will have to look closer now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom