2003 LX Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New to the Toyota LC/LX scene. I’ve been lurking on here for awhile and finally decided to start documenting my build. Picked up this 2003 LX470 a couple months ago. CA car it’s whole life so no rust issues. Had a few things I noticed right off the bat. Did the intake and valve cover gaskets. Ignore the terrible wheels (they’re for sale if anyone is interested.).
IMG_5690.jpeg

Also the seller gave me a set of wheels for what I believe is an LX570? Maybe someone can clarify what wheels they are. Had those on for a bit and then I saw a few cruisers on here with the Tundra TRD sport wheels and decided to go that route.

70700523141__0C08FEE7-8FFE-4A7E-B6EF-4EB249B7ABB7.jpeg
Currently just ordered a new brake booster/MC because current one is leaking and the light is on. Running boards removed and put in some LED bulbs to help the cloudy headlights.

Couple questions hoping someone can help me out with. Are these headlights worth trying to polish or should I just replace? I read something about bleeding brakes with a computer software? Can I not just bleed the brake system conventionally after I replace the MC or is there a fancy way I have to do it? Anyone replace a windshield on a LX with the night vision?

IMG_5640.jpeg

Another project I’ve recently worked on is that rear panel on the tailgate was flapping my around. Ended up replacing the clips (very hard to find replacements for). Then had to JB weld the posts back on but now it’s solid. Very strange design to access the reverse lights.

IMG_5633.jpeg
IMG_5632.jpeg

When I bought the trucks none of the door locks were working so I found a couple YouTube videos and ended up replacing these little motors. All are working now, pretty straightforward install.
IMG_5826.jpeg
Interior is pretty clean couple. Added a phone mount with a charger and Bluetooth. Need to fix the driver door window switch. If anyone had any suggestions let me know otherwise I think I will have to replace it.
IMG_5822.jpeg
IMG_5819.jpeg
IMG_5821.jpeg

Need to replace these floor mats, looking to find an all weather liner. Especially the cargo area mat is pretty worn out.
IMG_5818.jpeg

on the driver's door ("Master") window switch, replacement needed because it is loose and pops up/out or due to a switch inop?

on the driver's door ("Master") window switch, replacement needed because it is loose and pops up/out or due to a switch inop?
Just need to replace it because that front clip is broken. Seems like a common issue, before I bought mine I saw a few of them with the same issue

Has anyone painted or vinyl wrapped their interior wood trim? Mine is faded some places from the AZ Sun plus I just want to update the interior a bit. Was thinking of covering all of the wood trim in satin black vinyl including the center console. Then just need to recover the steering wheel and figure out a cup holder solution that will actually hold a drink

Has anyone painted or vinyl wrapped their interior wood trim? Mine is faded some places from the AZ Sun plus I just want to update the interior a bit. Was thinking of covering all of the wood trim in satin black vinyl including the center console. Then just need to recover the steering wheel and figure out a cup holder solution that will actually hold a drink
@BenCC has a cupholder solution I believe.

I haven't done any of the above, but unless you just want to get rid of the wood look, you can sand down that finish and refinish it, it's real wood in the LX. One guy turned his into a matte finish on here, can't remember who, but it looked great and a lot more modern than the plasticky finish they come with stock. Post up when you do the steering wheel, mine is in pretty desperate need, but saying I'm not the best seamstress would be an understatement.

@BenCC has a cupholder solution I believe.

I haven't done any of the above, but unless you just want to get rid of the wood look, you can sand down that finish and refinish it, it's real wood in the LX. One guy turned his into a matte finish on here, can't remember who, but it looked great and a lot more modern than the plasticky finish they come with stock. Post up when you do the steering wheel, mine is in pretty desperate need, but saying I'm not the best seamstress would be an understatement.

@BenCC definitely has some cool options, will most likely go that route. Thanks!

Just installed a new shift knob, had the same one in my Tundra. I think it modernizes the console a bit.
IMG_6080.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom