2001 Lx470 Wierd no Crank/ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ive got an odd one here. Ive seen the many efi relay/efi circuit issues. But mine is an Intermittent no crank. My condition sounds like a bad starter. I cycle the key over and over and eventually it will start. BUT If i pull the efi relay it will crank every time but (obviously) not stat. I've ordered an efi relay, but am not one to just throw parts at a car. Im not too familiar with the wiring/circuitry of the 100 series so any help is welcomed. I did have the crank only condition one time. When I went to pull codes at that time there was no communication via obd2 port. So im thinking immobilizer. But that only happened once. It will reliably crank and start EVENTUALLY every time other than that. THANKS!

just out of curiosity, does the security light stop blinking when you put the key in the ignition? The symptoms point to starter or efi fuse, but the vehicle may not be recognising the key or something

Just to update, the vehicle will no longer crank over period. I'm condemning the starter at this point. Anyone know of any aftermarket intake mani seals? OE is 33 bucks a piece.

Just to update, the vehicle will no longer crank over period. I'm condemning the starter at this point. Anyone know of any aftermarket intake mani seals? OE is 33 bucks a piece.
i would go OEM on that, just a lot of work to pull everything back apart if something leaks

I had this same problem. It WAS the relay but it arched in the fuse panel and melted the surrounding plastic I bought a used main fuse panel on eBay (the one under the hood) and replaced it. No problems since. This apparently is a LC100/LX470 thing.

I had a similar issue, just out of curiosity have you tried starting in neutral? Mine would crank every time in neutral when this issue occurred. It was very random and would go weeks without issue. I changed my battery in my key fob and have had no issues since. Not sure if it was related but I would assume so.

Just an update to this thread: I pulled the underhood fuse boxes and inspected all contacts. No issue found there but I applied dielectric to all contacts while I was there. I bought another project car ( E46 330ci) so this one has been sitting collecting wasp nests. Just ordered an OE Starter and intake manifold seals today. Gonna toss it in this weekend and report back. Only a year later, this is saddening. Hopeful for this to be the fix and not an immobilizer/key issue.

Replaced Starter, injector seals and a little wiring repair to the drivers bank knock sensor due to some rodent damage. It started right up the first day, second day no fuel pressure. I did start it with basically no fuel, so its possible the fuel pump sucked up some crap. I filled it with 7 gallons and still just crank and no fuel pressure. The diagnosis continues.

Checked power/signal and ground to pump. All good. Replaced the pump and fuel filter. Started right up. So all in all the started and fuel pump were both going out simultaneously. Ill post pics of both shortly.

MicrosoftTeams-image (13).jpg

MicrosoftTeams-image (14).jpg

MicrosoftTeams-image (16).jpg

MicrosoftTeams-image (17).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom