200 Series Tire and Wheel Size Database (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like the Arctic Trucks look!
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
It's parked in front of Arctic Trucks. Stopped by on Saturday knowing they were closed, but a couple of the guys were working on their own project cars and they were gracious enough to give me a quick tour of current project....very cool stuff.

2023-03-11 16.20.34.jpg

Q: 2009 LX 570, would 17x8.5 +18mm offset work ok?
Looking at running a 285/75r17 tire on it with a maximum outside diameter of 33.8".

I have read most of the pages on this thread, and combed through the database from the OP. I found 1 example in the database from WanderRig running the exact same setup on a LC200 with no issues after removing the mudflaps and doing a small amount of work to the front wheel wells. Obviously, with the LX having a bit more room in the wheel well my outcome would not be any worse than his.

For this setup, a 35mm offset would be more optimal, but the cost increases quite a bit for the rims.

Opinions?

Q: 2009 LX 570, would 17x8.5 +18mm offset work ok?
Looking at running a 285/75r17 tire on it with a maximum outside diameter of 33.8".

I have read most of the pages on this thread, and combed through the database from the OP. I found 1 example in the database from WanderRig running the exact same setup on a LC200 with no issues after removing the mudflaps and doing a small amount of work to the front wheel wells. Obviously, with the LX having a bit more room in the wheel well my outcome would not be any worse than his.

For this setup, a 35mm offset would be more optimal, but the cost increases quite a bit for the rims.

Opinions?

You’ll need to do some fender liner massaging up front and possibly remove front mud flap.

You’ll need to do some fender liner massaging up front and possibly remove front mud flap.
Thanks tbisaacs, I've seen a lot of your posts through this thread.
I was figuring that with the 285/75r17 size. Will only having the +18mm offset rather than +25 or the optimal +35 offset result in fender damage on full tuck, in your opinion?

Here you go. It's odd that updated links aren't provided in the initial post.
where is the link to the database?

anyone running anything similar on LC? 20x9.5 +0 35x12.5r20
Only one close is someone running a 35"x11.50"x20" Ridge Grappler on a 20 x 9 +0 wheel. It's an LX 570.

Tire & Wheel Size Database:

where is the link to the database?

anyone running anything similar on LC? 20x9.5 +0 35x12.5r20
There's a whole thread dedicated to running that..

Looking for some feedback to see if I'm missing anything before I buy new tires. I have a 2009 LX and currently have 275/55/R20's, but just finished removing replacing the AHC with new suspension (Fox 2.5" coil over front, Icon spring / Fox 2.5" rear). Picked up 17x8.5 Method 703's with 35mm offset, and was thinking of going with 285/70R17 since that's what I've seen around on the OEM Rock Warrior wheels and also the Lexus J201 concept. Not looking for max tire size or something that requires a bunch of work to fit or leave me wanting a re-gear. Spent some time reading the BFG 285/75/R17 thread and that didn't convince me it was worth it to go with the 75 over 70. Just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts before I finalize my decision. Appreciate the help, thanks!

Looking for some feedback to see if I'm missing anything before I buy new tires. I have a 2009 LX and currently have 275/55/R20's, but just finished removing replacing the AHC with new suspension (Fox 2.5" coil over front, Icon spring / Fox 2.5" rear). Picked up 17x8.5 Method 703's with 35mm offset, and was thinking of going with 285/70R17 since that's what I've seen around on the OEM Rock Warrior wheels and also the Lexus J201 concept. Not looking for max tire size or something that requires a bunch of work to fit or leave me wanting a re-gear. Spent some time reading the BFG 285/75/R17 thread and that didn't convince me it was worth it to go with the 75 over 70. Just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts before I finalize my decision. Appreciate the help, thanks!
I think for your reasoning the 285/70R17 will be perfect. Shouldn't take anything to fit and is just big enough to look like the right size for the platform.

PS. Any salvable parts from your AHC system?

I think for your reasoning the 285/70R17 will be perfect. Shouldn't take anything to fit and is just big enough to look like the right size for the platform.

PS. Any salvable parts from your AHC system?
Thanks for the feedback.

I did manage to take everything out intact but for a couple lines, but threw it all away. The front shocks were toast anyway and to be honest the system was always slow to react and with over 180,000 miles probably not a lot of life left on the remaining parts.

Thanks for the feedback.

I did manage to take everything out intact but for a couple lines, but threw it all away. The front shocks were toast anyway and to be honest the system was always slow to react and with over 180,000 miles probably not a lot of life left on the remaining parts.
I'm sure some here would disagree with the state of a system with 180k miles. Used shocks don't make much sense since they are so cheap to begin with, but i'm sure someone would have taken and actuator or two and the pump off your hands if they were still running, especially for "throwing in the garbage" prices.

As always, don't forget to post some pics of the new shoes.

@B Hans

I don’t know much about that suspension setup you’ve got but i would say depends on the amount of lift. 33s good to my eye up to about 2”, then start to look surprisingly smol.

At full sensor lift equivalent they are spot on, and you dont want to go much past 34s without thinking of gearing on that year range.

Otherwise platform was practically built for 33s. My 2 cents anyway.

- guy who went 33 and should’ve gone 34. Currently stuck wearing out these shoes…

@B Hans

I don’t know much about that suspension setup you’ve got but i would say depends on the amount of lift. 33s good to my eye up to about 2”, then start to look surprisingly smol.

At full sensor lift equivalent they are spot on, and you dont want to go much past 34s without thinking of gearing on that year range.

Otherwise platform was practically built for 33s. My 2 cents anyway.

- guy who went 33 and should’ve gone 34. Currently stuck wearing out these shoes…
Thanks for the feedback, that's helpful.

I should have taken measurements of mine before, but after the new suspension my front hub to fender is ~21.75" and rear is ~22.125". Based on what I've seen some other folks post online I think that's about 1.5" of lift in front and 1" in the rear; that said I wouldn't call that a precise measurement because of how the fender angles.

Thanks for the feedback, that's helpful.

I should have taken measurements of mine before, but after the new suspension my front hub to fender is ~21.75" and rear is ~22.125". Based on what I've seen some other folks post online I think that's about 1.5" of lift in front and 1" in the rear; that said I wouldn't call that a precise measurement because of how the fender angles.

Thats not a bad candidate at all for 285/70r17 like @lx200inAR was saying. Tons of options there and tons of inventory nationwide should that ever bee needed.

If i were you id wait for this BFG KO3 to drop…

Went with 285/70/17 BFG AT KO2's (Load Range C) on Method 703 +35mm offset. LX with 1-2" of lift after AHC delete and new suspension (Fox 2.5", Total Chaos Upper arms, Icon rear coils). Exactly the offset I was looking for. Does rub a bit at full lock in the front on the mudflap and front of the liner, but not too bad and just in reverse. Should mostly go away once I trim the steps for sliders. Thanks again for everyone's help.

PXL_20230330_193822832.jpg

PXL_20230330_193840473.jpg
PXL_20230330_193831180.jpg

Went with 285/70/17 BFG AT KO2's (Load Range C) on Method 703 +35mm offset. LX with 1-2" of lift after AHC delete and new suspension (Fox 2.5", Total Chaos Upper arms, Icon rear coils). Exactly the offset I was looking for. Does rub a bit at full lock in the front on the mudflap and front of the liner, but not too bad and just in reverse. Should mostly go away once I trim the steps for sliders. Thanks again for everyone's help.

View attachment 3286616

View attachment 3286617View attachment 3286618

A near perfect fitment for the 200! Well done.

I finally replaced the stock tires on my ‘18. Stock suspension, I do have @Ramathorn15 ASAP flaps. Went with Nokian Outpost ATs 285/65r18. The tires rubbed somewhere when in reverse pulling out of the tire shops bombed out parking lot, but haven’t had any more since then. Only have 8 miles on them so not much to say about them yet. It’s the breakup up here in the north so I’m sure I’ll have them out in the mud soon enough.

54E5C4D0-77F3-49F5-B280-7B7A6969CD57.jpeg

FA3320D4-997B-4467-A781-0DA680B2BF3E.jpeg

I finally replaced the stock tires on my ‘18. Stock suspension, I do have @Ramathorn15 ASAP flaps. Went with Nokian Outpost ATs 285/65r18. The tires rubbed somewhere when in reverse pulling out of the tire shops bombed out parking lot, but haven’t had any more since then. Only have 8 miles on them so not much to say about them yet. It’s the breakup up here in the north so I’m sure I’ll have them out in the mud soon enough.

View attachment 3286940

View attachment 3286941

Had a late spring snow show up in the Anchorage bowl and had the LC out for a fishing trip and can confirm the 285/65r18 rubs on the inside corner of the ASAP flaps. Not sure if the stock flaps would make more room. I’ll try bending the bracket inward slightly to make some room.

4803A7FD-0AD7-4B4B-BA41-7CAA0040EA76.jpeg

I think i'm set on running 275/60/20 KO2's on stock wheels, where's everyone buying tires from? Cheapest i can find is $354 per tire, stings a little. Add in taxes and installation i'll be in over $1500 for just tires...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom