200 Series tech and classifieds. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They are amazing tires. I can’t wrap my head how so quite even having a lot of miles.

The technology in them is awesome.

I would run 275/60/20 if I was to do again. The 285s hit UCAs so I have to run spacers and I liked them better under fenders.

All terrains the have performed well. They are awesome at high speeds in rain.

They are miles and miles ahead of others in this category. The 200 eats KO2 outter tread blocks up very very quick and get loud quick.
The big outter tread doesn’t feather and that is awesome because that is first thing you hear from road noise.

That being said I and interested in the Recon Grappler but not in any sizes I run.

Sorry for getting too tire techy.

Happy New Year

I actually looked at the Recon, but it was a 275/65R20 which is a little taller. I recall you or someone mentioning them and did look at them, but wasn't sure what the drawback might be to that .75" difference with the AHC trick.

That’s basically the same size tire I think. With a 2” front 1” rear lift. You be OK. Mine rub the drivers side KDSS in reverse that will never hurt a thing. Not with the spacer in my opinion

0A85AD00-BC5A-4275-A029-8CC1B8AC981D.jpeg

I can attest that the Nitto RGs are great in the rocky stuff and they do super well on rain drenched roads. I've had them on for over a year now. Road noise seemed about the same as my KM3s, maybe a bit lower frequency at cruising speeds. I played with psi until I landed on 34-35psi for best contact patch (running 315/75/16) - I was used to running my KM3s at 37psi but that was too little contact and produced more road noise for some reason.

@jynx - looks like the Recon can be had in this size
LT275/55R20 E 120/117S tread-15.9 h-31.89" w-11.18"

@Bomar plan is to sensor lift, and sounds like the RG are the way to go.

Thanks gentlemen

This is so interesting that the RG’s are the consensus. I HATED them on my GX. Felt rough, loud and just didn’t like the look. However, you guys know way more than I do so I guess we will give it another go.

A lot of truth to what Nolen says.

@Mrsjynx if you don’t like the look then no need in walking up to your LX570 and not liking the way they look.

Tires take too long to wear out for that to happen.
I’m torn because I’m almost feel as if I got a set of bad RG’s or maybe my idea of an AT is skewed because I’ve only had BFG AT’s and then various brands of MT’s. I felt they looked “fat” if you will. Almost bulging and just didn’t like that look. @jynx commented that most AT’s would have a fatter look compared to what we’ve had.

I’m torn because I’m almost feel as if I got a set of bad RG’s or maybe my idea of an AT is skewed because I’ve only had BFG AT’s and then various brands of MT’s. I felt they looked “fat” if you will. Almost bulging and just didn’t like that look. @jynx commented that most AT’s would have a fatter look compared to what we’ve had.
That's funny, because the look you described above is the look so many of us seek! That being said, none of that matters if YOU don't like the look of the tire. @Bomar hit the nail on the head: get what YOU want, because unless you're willing to take a big $ hit, you have to live with the tires you choose for a long time!

Does anyone watching this thread have a set of RG’s on an LX570?

275/60/20 RG on OE wheels with be very square look. Tall skinny.....it will not look "fat".

Also the sizing and your GX470 wheels were probably a 7" wide wheel where LX wheels are 8". That will make a big difference in the sidewall look of the tire....it is all ratios.

275/60/20 RG on OE wheels with be very square look. Tall skinny.....it will not look "fat".

Also the sizing and your GX470 wheels were probably a 7" wide wheel where LX wheels are 8". That will make a big difference in the sidewall look of the tire....it is all ratios.
You are right, they do look very different on the LX. That’s the look I was hoping for on the GX. It looked like a skinny girl with fat ankles. Your LX looks almost like mine will soon. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.

I believe I will give them another shot.

I haven't had mine on my 100 but about 7,000 miles, but so far I really like them. As @AndyO78FJ40 said, they're quieter than you'd expect on the highway.

I like the look of the sidewall better on a BFG K02, but I like the tread better on the Nitto. I haven't used them off-road yet, so I can't speak to that. Others, like @wct49 can opine on this better than me, but on an IFS vehicle, I would think these would be less likely to get loud (on the outer edges) than the BFGs.

View attachment 2878984
The RG without a doubt wears better than BFG on the 200.
As far as off-road everyone that uses them seems to be pleased.
Very little vibration issues
Just a solid tire.
But have been very hard to come by since covid. Their factory is in California and they seem to not be able to catch up.
Plus they launched a new tire earlier this year Recon Grappler that affected production as well.
It’s been a s*** show w them and Toyo

The RG without a doubt wears better than BFG on the 200.
As far as off-road everyone that uses them seems to be pleased.
Very little vibration issues
Just a solid tire.
But have been very hard to come by since covid. Their factory is in California and they seem to not be able to catch up.
Plus they launched a new tire earlier this year Recon Grappler that affected production as well.
It’s been a s*** show w them and Toyo
So true.....100% s*** show..but so is alot of other also.

Gotta love all the price increases and more to come...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom