200 series picture thread (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FWIW, the Camp King that Jeremiah had on his Cummins build is a nice tent. I like that it has top 'hinged' doors. The Alu-Cab 'hinges' from the bottom to eliminate the bottom seam and therefore increase water tightness, but then you're always crawling over your rolled up doors. The Alu-Cab also has a nicer quilted top panel with a number of large pockets. Very handy for keeping the tent organized. I also like that the Alu-Cab keeps it's lift struts on the inside, away from the elements and branches.

20180520_191010953_iOS.jpg

@Markuson, the James Baroud hard shells seem to range from 145-160# depending on the size. Granted they also start at $3300 (which is quite a bit less than $5200, but still pricey).

Hard Shell Tents — James Baroud USA

Yes. And you'll save even more weight because your wallet will be much lighter! ;) That said, the do a good job. Its just that there are more and more competitors in this market and I'm hoping that should I decide to go the RTT route someday the prices will come down. But I won't go there unless setup and takedown is as easy as the James Baroud AND I start doing more one night stands like OregonLC.

Having gone from small backpacking type tents to a CVT and now an OZ Tent RV-4 I agree with everyone above. The RTT was good for long trips where the majority of the trip was just driving back country roads like in southern Utah. I wheeled some prey hard trails with my RTT on my 80 series with now issues, but there is no high speed wheeling in an 80! With the wife and dogs it is easier with the OZ Tent and a couple of nice cots. I bought a large Yakima skybox and the OZ Tent fits inside along with other camping gear for the drive to/from our camping trips.

Yep. BTW, for the Skybox we originally went with the Skybox 16. By itself it fit great on our Gobi rack. But the Gobi is narrow enough along the top bar that I barely had room to lash my Oz Tent next to it. So I returned the 16 for a 12. Still plenty of capacity for our cargo and gave me almost a foot of additional width on the Gobi rack for the OzTent alongside or whatever. And though the Skybox 12 is longer, there is enough room to strap on my MaxTrax across the front of the Gobi and under the front end of the tent and cargo box. We only put light weight stuff in the cargo box and I wouldn't do much wheeling with all that up there. But it works well enough. I'd snap a couple pics but I have everything stowed in the garage and the Skybox on a rafter-mounted lift.

My opinion is; slap an OzTent on the roof, save $3000, save weight, save space, have a shelter you can stand up in or put a cot in, achieve Australian made product street cred. Or do whatever, they're your dollar signs.

To try to maintain this as a pic thread:

Lh0YTjo.jpg

Wow. Out there in the middle of nowhere you guys found an out.. wait. Oh, sorry, that's Tony's tent. :hillbilly:

My opinion is; slap an OzTent on the roof, save $3000, save weight, save space, have a shelter you can stand up in or put a cot in, achieve Australian made product street cred. Or do whatever, they're your dollar signs.

To try to maintain this as a pic thread:

Lh0YTjo.jpg

Ya, this is what makes the most sense to me.

My only gripe isI wish it was 2 inches taller inside. I’m 6’3”. Would be perfect it it was a bit taller than 6’2”. But Mick Jagger was right about always getting what u want. ;)

Still... you can get a sweet, top of the line oztent AND a sweet Alu-Cab awning with more that enough standing height, and still spend less than HALF the price of that new Swoop brand RTT....and stay way lighter up top as well.

It’s a Win-win-win.

Yep. BTW, for the Skybox we originally went with the Skybox 16. By itself it fit great on our Gobi rack. But the Gobi is narrow enough along the top bar that I barely had room to lash my Oz Tent next to it. So I returned the 16 for a 12. Still plenty of capacity for our cargo and gave me almost a foot of additional width on the Gobi rack for the OzTent alongside or whatever. And though the Skybox 12 is longer, there is enough room to strap on my MaxTrax across the front of the Gobi and under the front end of the tent and cargo box. We only put light weight stuff in the cargo box and I wouldn't do much wheeling with all that up there. But it works well enough. I'd snap a couple pics but I have everything stowed in the garage and the Skybox on a rafter-mounted lift.

I don’t recall which skybox model we have, but I can fit the tent, sleeping bags, duffel bags and several other items up there. Then out the cots inside.
I have done a fair amount of wheeling with it on top of my 100 series. Including engineer pass, around yankee boy basin and Elwood pass. The only bad thing was when it was on the factory rails. They bounce too much. I need to get a rack for my 200, but for now I will put some Yakima racks for better stability.

For those with carpeted surface drawers such as the ARB's I have you may be interested in these Velcro attached pouches from Blue Ridge Overland. They just barely fit. But, for me, a bit more handy than a couple of the other techniques I was using. These are the 4x8x1 size. I tried a 12" one across the top but it didn't fit.

IMG_0257.jpg

Nice looking rig!, How is the ride with the BP51? Does it feel cushy ?, Small bump compliance ?

There’s no single answer to that.

Cushy or not will depend on the rear springs you select and the preload you adjust on the front coil overs in combination with the weight of your truck’s build/mods/load. Beyond that, there is also adjustment for compression and rebound.

You can make them cushy if that’s what you’re after. Mine are comfortably firm...but I don’t want cushy.

16 inch KING coilover first test on my freinds standard LC200. Race spec valving(very stiff both compression and rebound), viton seals, etc. Finned Res.

Average speed throughout the speed: 60-70MPH which is the goal for this setup.

Handled pretty good, but needs adjustments as usual :bang:

16 inch KING coilover first test on my freinds standard LC200. Race spec valving(very stiff both compression and rebound), viton seals, etc. Finned Res.

Average speed throughout the speed: 60-70MPH which is the goal for this setup.

Handled pretty good, but needs adjustments as usual :bang:

And this is my test of my rig, with the same shocks.

Also same adjustment needed, heavier rebound. Vehicle is getting unsettled when going over big enough hits that will allow full droop.

Air2 (1).png

Air (1).png

Video Test:

Mobile detailer was over today. Two super clean 200’s make a single 400 right?

One with 295’s and a lift, the other stock height with 285’s on RW wheels. Both ‘13 model year with almost the same amount of miles.

6615B0C9-198A-4626-904C-E36EAFFD7E6F.jpeg

7620B360-6C91-4C9D-9093-9F674668B433.jpeg

4437E8D1-F5AC-438F-BB7D-8735FA8E18B7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom