200 series body mounts to 80 series chassis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy, wanting to know what is required to weld 200 series body mounts to my 80 series and if that is even possible. I've seen on 4wd Action Australia that Shawno put 200series mounts on a 80 series chassis (the new dirty 30) but they just said that's what they did, there we no details as to how they did it. I'd perfer 200 series mounts but if 100/105 series mounts are easier maybe I'll try those? Cheers.

Yep it's pretty straightforward. You'll need a grinder, a welder, and protective gear.

First, cut off the 80 mount. Then, slide the 200 mount in that spot. You may need to grind or scab lap joints to make the mount fit the frame. Then, weld it, being careful to get good welds.

Just go around and do one at a time and you're done! No sweat.

the dirty thirty is a 60 body,

maybe tell us why you want 200 series body mounts. do you want to mount a 200 series body onto an 80 chassis?

Your right, Dirty 30 is 60 body on a 80 chassis with 200 body mounts. The 200 mounts are much bigger than 80 series and if u have every ridden in a 200 followed by an 80 series you feel the difference big time. I'm going to do this to improve comfort. Cheers nukegoat for instructions. Im taking the body off the chassis to do a full chassis and body respray and to have better access to do rear main seal and front transfercase rebuild so i figured I'd try body mounts aswell. I love my old girl ( '93 HZJ80R n/a) but if I can make her better then I'm all for it. Cheers guys.

the dirty thirty is a 60 body,

maybe tell us why you want 200 series body mounts. do you want to mount a 200 series body onto an 80 chassis?
Purely for comfort and less vibrations. Remote res shocks only help so much and i want to do accross the top of straya from Bundaberg to Broome.

Purely for comfort and less vibrations. Remote res shocks only help so much and i want to do accross the top of straya from Bundaberg to Broome.

Ok. That’s interesting, what else have you done to eliminate vibrations?

@THLJ626 either way, it’s a pretty unique thing as far as builds go, so you’re likely blazing a trail there. If you have the whole body off and you can do it, I can’t think why you wouldn’t. But there’s a bit more than body mounts separating the 200 from it’s grandfather and unless there’s something really trick about the 200 body mounts, you could probably achieve the same result with new rubber mounts. Look up your VIN on the amayama trading website for parts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom