200 Series and Tundra wheels on 100 series photo thread (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just 1.25" spacers front and rear and those wheels and center caps mounted straight on with no issues?
Yep, no issues at all with the wheels. The tires rub a tiny bit when I'm at full-lock and in reverse (with AHC in normal)

In this post he talks about using center caps from two different runs of LC to clear the grease cap. I have these tundra wheels:

View attachment 2147342

Will any of the stock LC center caps clear the grease cap on my '06 or will I still need to beat the grease cap? Do the earlier center caps or later center caps have more clearance? I don't mind trimming the center cap but would like to avoid flattening the grease cap if possible.

I think I read through the whole thread and didn't get a straight answer. I may have missed it though.
what kind of bumper is that?

View attachment 1319414 View attachment 1319413 Recently acquired 99 with the dial. Just installed 2014 Tundra wheels. No spacers needed. Just flattened the dust covers and ground down the inside of the cap a bit.
2014 TRDs installed on 275/70 Duratracs. I will be modding the center caps to get those installed this weekend. Thank You to Summit Cruisers for the pics and info on how to make that mod happen. I got about another 3 months on these tires then moving up to the STT Pros.

@ChewBaca your LC looks great. Just picked up same rim. How did you get the front wheel cap to work?

@SUMMIT CRUISERS how did you flatten evenly? I have taken a hammer to the top of the cap and it cups the lip making impossible to sit flush.
I hammered (lightly tapped) the dust cap end while on the truck. Also you will need to grind down the center of the plastic center cap with a die grinder. Test fit with paint on the dustcap and fit center cap. No paint on centercap, good 2 go.

Has anyone seen any improvement in road manners with going from 16” rim to the 18” rim? Let’s assume you have the 33” tire

20210427_190352.jpg

Spray bombed Tundras with 275 65 18. ~1.75" AHC

Has anyone seen any improvement in road manners with going from 16” rim to the 18” rim? Let’s assume you have the 33” tire

Assuming you have LT tires, and are using the same tire you'd have slightly worse ride as there's less sidewall vs. a 16" wheel. Not sure what else you mean by road manners.

This is what i will be doing very soon. Going on a black 06 LC. I am planning on replacing front and rear bumpers that wil be black and most likely painting the gray door trims black as well. Love the black and bronze look. Bronze and gray looks great too! I did gray/bronze combo on my raptor.
Hey @kpecks - did you ever go with the bronze on black look? I’m thinking of going bronze on my second set of 18” tundra wheels and wondering how it’d look on black.

I have the same color LX and bought those same style wheels recently. Really digging this combination. What paint color did you use? How did you get the Lexus center caps to fit?

Tried to reply to your DM but it kept getting flagged as spam.. I used the factory LX caps for 16" wheels, no spacers or anything. They popped right on.

I wet sanded the wheels by hand with some 400 then 800 grit to knock the clear coat off and smooth rock chips and such.
Wiped with acetone, let them dry good then painted them. I used Rustoleum Universal Metalic I think the color was called Soft Flat Iron or something like that. I tried clearing one wheel and it didn't look as good so I sanded it back down and just shot the paint. Time will tell how it holds up. It's only been on a month or so. There is a little gap in the cap, but it isn't noticeable with fresh paint.

Tried to reply to your DM but it kept getting flagged as spam.. I used the factory LX caps for 16" wheels, no spacers or anything. They popped right on.

I wet sanded the wheels by hand with some 400 then 800 grit to knock the clear coat off and smooth rock chips and such.
Wiped with acetone, let them dry good then painted them. I used Rustoleum Universal Metalic I think the color was called Soft Flat Iron or something like that. I tried clearing one wheel and it didn't look as good so I sanded it back down and just shot the paint. Time will tell how it holds up. It's only been on a month or so. There is a little gap in the cap, but it isn't noticeable with fresh paint.
Can see the gap here. It would stand out where the tundra cap rubbed if it wasn't painted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom