200 Series and Tundra wheels on 100 series photo thread (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Scooped these up for the Lex. Thinking of painting them a darker shade with a buddies help.

Wondering if I can swap out the center emblem or just remove entirely and fill in the holes.

IMG_20200625_225117.jpg

@mckunz.. Any specific rubbing with the 295's?

Big shout out to my friends who helped me piece this together!

setup:
1” spydertrax x 4

2020 Trd Pro wheels, powder coated by @ACC Toyota,
EVO Grey to match @benc front bumper and trim

275/70/18 Toyo Open Country RT

2020 Land Cruiser Heritage center caps, painted from gold to satin charcoal to match wheel powder/bumper/trim View attachment 2220996View attachment 2220997
I think this is the route I want to go for my new setup.

Will 1.5” spacers be too much with stock trd wheels?

I just got but haven't had a chance to install the TRD Hub Cover p/n PT280-34150 for the 18" Toyota Tundra Rims, got them from Manhattan Beach Toyota for 50. They are injected molded plastic from what I can tell.
trd hub cover 1.jpg

trd hub cover 2.jpg

1.25 inch spacers

IMG_20200902_181819_512.jpg

IMG_20200902_181715_506.jpg

IMG_20200902_161730_300.jpg

Thanks to all who have contributed on this thread, I've learned a ton, and finally made a move. Picked up set of 2019 Tundra take offs for $500 locally. Had the issue of fitting the front caps on. My retired neighbor spends his days working on his three 4runners, and suggested removing the oil caps, and sealing the previously capped area with waterproof silicone. This will prevent water from running down the splines of the axle, which he said is the reason for the factory caps. Someday I'll take the final steps with some spacers and KO2's, but until then I think this is a good interim solution, wanted to share for anybody else trying to figure this out. Seems to be an ongoing theme in the string.

wheel caps.jpg

Thanks to all who have contributed on this thread, I've learned a ton, and finally made a move. Picked up set of 2019 Tundra take offs for $500 locally. Had the issue of fitting the front caps on. My retired neighbor spends his days working on his three 4runners, and suggested removing the oil caps, and sealing the previously capped area with waterproof silicone. This will prevent water from running down the splines of the axle, which he said is the reason for the factory caps. Someday I'll take the final steps with some spacers and KO2's, but until then I think this is a good interim solution, wanted to share for anybody else trying to figure this out. Seems to be an ongoing theme in the string.

View attachment 2427131

dunno about that man. you replaced a metal cover with a plastic one....

My buddy’s 01 LX. AHC raise, 285/70’s on some sort of 18” 200 wheel. No spacers necessary with the domed caps. He trimmed some plastic to fit the tire. I like how the added width of 285’s vs the normal 275’s fill it out. Not on rails any more.
View attachment 2390812
View attachment 2390814

Those 285s look perfect, was going to buy a used set of Toyo open countries but the website says theyre 34.4 inches tall which seems a bit too big for my stock AHC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom