Builds 200 build thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don’t know who needs to hear it but.. companies that make parts for Land Cruisers need to step up their game in the instruction department. Don’t get me wrong I love my Ironman bumper and my new Dobinson bumper but man do their instructions suck. The iron man we ended up looking up an ARB installation video on YouTube. The Dobinson only had an exploded view of all the parts.

Last edited:
So a “couple hour” install turned into a long night but David and I got my new bumper on
8E2D2367-782B-476C-98A8-A0ABCA84FBEC.jpeg
B73BAE4D-BDCD-41CB-A313-0FC2F36F5B53.jpeg
F3588AA6-A9DC-4F73-858C-10FBF9D8B772.jpeg
1C04A17D-36EE-444C-ACDB-C96A35F846E8.jpeg
59125F8D-A560-46F5-B9CC-D56730A33F47.jpeg

It's no different for the shops that do installations too. I've heard the guys at ACC say that they have had to modify or create brackets that didn't work as pictured. I'm sure @Trollhole and @IcutYourCruiser could confirm.

Moved the license plate to the bumper. It looked weird with a blank spot where the tag was supposed to be plus the paint was scuffed so I got this vanity plate to take up the space.
4569D968-C43C-4378-9F8C-C63D227BA523.jpeg

My shifter was peeling from age and probably too much hand gel so I needed a replacement. Found this really solid shifter. I love the feel and the blue goes good with my truck

C3EAAE2B-9B51-4F4D-B569-96133C0E1EBB.jpeg
EB5AEA27-3097-44E8-ABC9-7A1E5998003E.jpeg

Really enjoyed your build thread. Love that blue on that 200.
Thank you sir. It has been a lot of fun and due to some good luck at raffles it has become a bigger build than I expected. The rear bumper probably wouldn’t have ever happened if it wasn’t for the generous raffle prize from Trollhole’s and Dobinson.

A little upgrade on the inside of the truck. I got it a while back but with moving and everything else going on I didn’t get a chance to put it in until this weekend. I didn’t understand all the hype about apple car play until now. This is a sweet setup. Plus my navigation didn’t work because the disc reader in the glove box was busted. The Grom was less than it would have cost to fix the Navigation and let’s me use all kinds of apps. Luckiyim grandfathered in on an old cell plan and have true unlimited data. It was kind of a PITA to disassemble half the dash to install but it wasn’t too bad. Glad I bought a set of plastic pry tools. Some of the panels were tricky to get off.

GOOACC 5PCS Auto Trim Removal Tool Kit No-Scratch Pry Tool Kit for Car Door Clip Panel & Audio Dashboard Dismantle -5PCS Amazon product ASIN B07V22YC9J

40984CE8-C868-4470-A23F-DFC55978AD04.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow, I did not expect it to look so well integrated into the dash, let alone look like it works very well. (My experience with aftermarket stereos is admittedly a bit old school, with Pioneer or Sony head units looking like they were shoehorned into a dash and sticking out as if they are waiting to be yanked out by some stranger walking by, which happened more often than not. Then we got removable faces, which we hid in the glove box or carried with us in the hope that dirtbags would take pity on us. Fun times.)

Wow, I did not expect it to look so well integrated into the dash, let alone look like it works very well. (My experience with aftermarket stereos is admittedly a bit old school, with Pioneer or Sony head units looking like they were shoehorned into a dash and sticking out as if they are waiting to be yanked out by some stranger walking by, which happened more often than not. Then we got removable faces, which we hid in the glove box or carried with us in the hope that dirtbags would take pity on us. Fun times.)
That's the factory dash. The Grom unit installs behind the dash and is plugged in-line with the OEM harness to add functionality to the OEM head unit.

The Grom is an awesome addition! I highly recommend it. Great looking LC!!

Does it replace the factory screen? Or just plug into the OEM harness behind the dash and then you get car play on your factory screen?

I really like it. The only drawback for some would be the data usage. If you use the apple car play to run a music streaming service like pandora or iHeartRadio you could burn through data pretty quick. Luckily I’m on an old plan that has unlimited data so it hasn’t been an issue. I installed it in my driveway so I logged into my home WiFi to do the software update and to load all the apps when I was setting it up. I’m still learning all the ins an outs. Only thing that is kind of a pain is every time I get in the truck I have to click on the “connect” button for it to link to my iPhone. I’m hoping there is an auto connect setting I just haven’t figured out yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom