Builds 1MAC's 1965 FJ40 Project build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wow... what a transformation..

Nice!

Finishing up a lot of the details in the last month or two. Trailered it to an exhaust shop and had a new system fabbed up (November 9th).

Took it for its first drive out of the neighborhood on November 22nd! Runs nice and gets a lot of attention.

ABE2727F-D0F6-439E-95E2-1CDE5F661B7D.jpeg

24C28EB7-F0A9-4B8E-A2FB-AA6D32472AA5.jpeg

Finally tracked down a new U-joint for the PTO winch driveshaft (NAPA UJ395) and some shear pins from the Toyota dealer. @2fpower hooked me up with a new cable and now I’ve got a working winch!

Finally tracked down a new U-joint for the PTO winch driveshaft (NAPA UJ395) and some shear pins from the Toyota dealer. @2fpower hooked me up with a new cable and now I’ve got a working winch!
I'm not sure there is anything more for you to "finally got that working"!! Enjoy the ride in 2021. Ahhhh.

So what is the status? Did it sell on BAT?

Somebody let the cat out of the bag! I submitted the rig to BaT, and they're going to list it soon. For now, I'm just enjoying it on a few short trips around the neighborhood. Definitely getting a lot of smiles, waves and thumbs up every time it's out. I keep thinking I'm done with it, and then I find another little detail or another old part lying around that I want to work on. The time has come for the old 40 to find a new home, though. I'm at the point where I'm afraid to drive it for fear of getting hit by some random kid texting and driving. Any of my other cars could just be taken to a body shop and fixed by insurance, but I have too much of my blood, sweat and tears invested in this one. I'm extremely proud of how it turned out.
dqyFm+2CRLKLz2TVqr%Sqg_thumb_5cdf.jpg
IbwUnKs7QoyEoUdvW7BZjA_thumb_5ce3.jpg
IbwUnKs7QoyEoUdvW7BZjA_thumb_5ce3.jpg

I'm going through the same thing. Dagha Boy is sold, but the new owner will only be back in town in June so it is with me and I keep finding little extras to do. And every so often I go to the store in it (to keep the battery charged) and worry about some idiot driving into it. I really want to just hit the road for a good road trip and pub crawl. I watch the BaT auctions all the time and I think it is going to love yours.

Awesome!!! I am of course not privy to your motivation to sell. After what you have done, I hate to see it all be removed from your world. I will definitely keep track of it on Bat. Good luck with the auction.

Beautiful truck

Adjusted the valves again today and changed the oil with fresh 20W-50. Checked compression: 1:140 2:138 3:136 4:126 5:131 6: 133
Gapped the plugs to .035in. I set the timing and mixture a few months ago with timing light and vacuum gauge. It runs so nice and smooth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom