1KZ-TE Exhaust Manifold Stud Torque Specs (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

Does anyone know what the torque spec is for the exhaust manifold studs for the 1KZ-TE?

I just replaced the studs and the Max Ellery manual only lists the torque specs for the nuts, which is 38 ft Lbs.

So far I have only torqued the studs down to 10 Ft Lbs because I’m afraid to go any more than that. These studs just keep turning with minimal effort and I definitely don’t want to over torque/snap a stud off in the block….

They don't need to be crazy tight. Just get it to the point where threads aren't showing. Everything I've read says "hand tight".

Maybe I'm wrong though and would love a second opinion as I also have to do this job soon.

Hey all,

Does anyone know what the torque spec is for the exhaust manifold studs for the 1KZ-TE?

I just replaced the studs and the Max Ellery manual only lists the torque specs for the nuts, which is 38 ft Lbs.

So far I have only torqued the studs down to 10 Ft Lbs because I’m afraid to go any more than that. These studs just keep turning with minimal effort and I definitely don’t want to over torque/snap a stud off in the block….
Screen Shot 2024-01-11 at 21.21.45.png

Here is the torque value, this manual i found on internet, so use it you discretion.:)

I just left the studs at 10 Ft Lbs and torqued the 2 bolts & 6 nuts to 38 Ft Lbs. So far everything has been working well without any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom