1KZ Nightmare (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the 1kz has a good rep in these parts (England, Ireland) and nice specs.

I'm sorry for your misfortune, sounds like an expensive game. why not just get another 1kz engine? theyre cheap here, sub 500 euros.

mind you, everything is cheap here cos theres no money anymore. lol.

Maybe 1kz failure is more likely in the tropics or mountainous terrain? Russia and the UK are relatively cool climates. 1kz does fail in Canada, but maybe because of the large mountain ranges in BC.

just when you think it could not get worse it DOES.

Wednesday nite RED has tossed a CONROD and siezed a piston. My employye was driving it back to work and rings with with Dad the engine making a bad noise and SMOKE everywhere we have pulled over on the highway.

Rawang doctor lifted the head yesterday and gave me the bad news. Worse he just gone on holiday today for 10 days haha.

Im driving the BJ75 now pic later it looks like its been through HELL.

Diagnosis still ongoing pics soon but Raway doctor Pulled piston out sent me pic and gone on leave 10 days haha. Injector blocked not possible cleaned a while ago. Was smoking a little so maybe the rings went

ForumRunner_20130402_123008.jpg

l will start -a separate thread tonight

ForumRunner_20130402_123008.jpg

what is problem this time? Suspect you no check the oil level and very low.

2 engine in 2 weaks, you need review maintanance procedures

tried to warn about the KZ engines ...
it is sad when people have to learn the expensive way.
sorry to hear about your misfortune, now go buy a real engine and stick it in and be done with it. that is a LOT of coin to try and heal an Achilles heal...

I wonder if the Russians are familiar with the old phrase "don't kick a man while he is down"? :D

A lot of 1kz's here in Mongolia. Place where offroading is not leisure activity, but part of your commute. Place where there are roads that are so washboarded that they can re arrange your organs 5 times by the time you are in 5th gear. Mountain passes that require 4low to pass and so on. People rarely use proper oil and etc yet KZ s are hailed i mean hailed as mother of all small diesels. I can say the same thing about Russia too. So if you guys don't like Kz's please spread the word around so we can have more choices for lower prices . We will take em in

come and get them ... they are yours.
shipping is going to cost.

'hailed' to one person is HELL'd to another.

You really are becoming a PAIN.

1KZ engine has been sick for months if you read properly you will see it was parked up on 8 December 2012 and left for 2 months and it was having issues then including overheating so the engine was DEAD then. So I fail to see how it is 2 engines in 2 weeks.

LOW oil NO Oil is checked regularly and filled up.

All vehicles are checked every trip and every week when in use. I think you are a PAIN.

tried to warn about the KZ engines ...
it is sad when people have to learn the expensive way.
sorry to hear about your misfortune, now go buy a real engine and stick it in and be done with it. that is a LOT of coin to try and heal an Achilles heal...

The issue here is ROAD TAX once you get over 2000cc the yearly REGO is EXPONENTIAL

$800rm (or 200USD a year) for 2500CC , $2,200rm or $600USD a for 3400cc and $1700rm or $500USD a year for 2900cc.

a 5,000CC is in excess of $2000USD a year and used to be 5000USD a year

So small engines are popular making bigger egines harder to get as bigger engine vehicles affects RESALE as it limits sale possibilities.

It has been a very expensive exercisefor the 1KZ but it was much nicer engien than the 3L it replaced.

If I had my way it would be 14B-T but the road tax is almost $1,100USD a year ($3400rm I believe). Go Toy will comfirm he has a 15B-T now.

Yep, anything over 3000cc starts to become rather expensive, unless using a Sabah rego.

so it isn't that the KZ is a great engine
the point, if i understand it properly, is the best AFFORDABLE engine ...
still a problem engine

so it isn't that the KZ is a great engine
the point, if i understand it properly, is the best AFFORDABLE engine ...
still a problem engine

If yo understand the engine properly yo know what a great engin 1kz is. But problem is yo not.

Look him, 2 diffrant engine in 1 weak. Not care or check oil.

my dear Russian cruiserhead, i understand you love the KZ.
maybe you are confusing the 1KZ with the 1KZTE?
rumor has it that the 1KZ without the electrical controls IS a good engine.
i know for a fact the 1KZ with the 'E' combined with the auto tranny is ... not appealing.

please, enjoy your KZ but understand that defending that engine to those of us that have opposing views will not change our minds.

yes, oil is vital
yes, overheating is a sin
yes, the KZ has wicked power

but i won't own one.

If yo understand the engine properly yo know what a great engin 1kz is. But problem is yo not.

Look him, 2 diffrant engine in 1 weak. Not care or check oil.

Dude You have NO manners or right to comment as right NOW you are out of line and wrong so wrong as YOU cannot read 8/12/2012 appears to be dead date for Blue engine and 27/3/2013 for RED and the vehicle is checked including the day before it failed .

1KZ is easily beaten by a 13B-T for fuel economy and torque and reliability.

A deal has been done 1KZ hiace engine haggled over price and bought today to be fitted next Friday.

Then I can strip old engine and rebuild it slowly without time pressure.

will also intercooler it asap after

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom