Builds 1FZ-FE TRD S/C Rebuild (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been thinking about break in. Can the supercharger belt be left off and run as if it didn't have one for break in? I'm wondering if that would cause any type of airflow restriction.

Is there a sure proof way to clean the oil coolers internal passages?

That's what I was wondering. I want to break the motor in naturally aspirated first prior to any upgrades.

You might already know this. But with a project like this I would recommend to start working with Beno for misc parts. He probably knows off hand what plugs are and are not available for OEM. Then you would just source the few that are not.

It really nice to just email him "I need this ...." And it happens. You don't have to do the research.

I went with meth injection, and it's worked out pretty darn well so far...

Seems like this may be the most effective. Do you have a link or write up to your setup? Thanks!

image.jpeg
Found out Toyota does not have a part number listing for the small oil galley plugs on the front of the block. I'm wondering if someone has figured out a Toyota part number that would work or a source for stainless steel plugs. Thanks!

Did you call @beno ?

Yeah, I've got the chart but my machine shop likes the stainless steel Toyota plugs over the brass and steel, so that's why I thought I'd check here. It appears I can get brass for all the water jackets, but only steel for the oil galley and I'm not completely sure yet whether Dorman's option will work on it. Landtank, what are your thoughts on the brass plugs?

I agree. However, it sounds like for the cooling system that brass would be preferred over steel but not stainless steel.

You might already know this. But with a project like this I would recommend to start working with Beno for misc parts. He probably knows off hand what plugs are and are not available for OEM. Then you would just source the few that are not.

It really nice to just email him "I need this ...." And it happens. You don't have to do the research.

Did you call @beno ?

PM'd yesterday.

So, the block boring is done and they are going to line hone it as well. Got word today that the crank has been serviced, polished, and balanced. They took off about 1/2 ounce it sounds like. Also planning on balancing the pistons, rods, harmonic balancer, and flex plate.

Guys, how long is the wait time on beno? I haven't heard anything yet. Would prefer the Toyota parts if possible. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom