1FZ-FE Cranks but won’t turn over without starter fluid, then drives fine. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me through this, @SmokingRocks! I am happy to report that after over a year of chasing this pest of a issue, I have finally fixed it!

I did what you said and checked the relay again and tested the COR. I replaced both of them with new parts again and had no luck. Since all the grounds were checking out OK, I decided to start back at the fuel pump relay and cleaned the female connector plug from the wiring harness again. After doing that, I noticed that the catch pins on the inside of the female plug looked to be stretched out a bit. So I decided to take the connector plug apart and pinched the connector catch pins together to make a tighter connection between the male pins on the relay and the female pins inside of the connector. After doing that, it started right up and I have been able to slam on the gas and the engine doesn’t cut out anymore. Now, it is very possible that I just jostled something Enough to fix whatever else was causing the issue, but I am going to stick with making myself feel accomplished by telling myself it was the stretched wiring harness pins were causing my issue haha.

With that said, I cannot thank you enough for the time and effort you put into helping me fix this issue. You saved me a lot of time and frustration from not breaking something while falsely chasing some other diagnosis step. You saved me a lot of time and frustration from not breaking something while falsely chasing some other diagnosis step.

1FZ-FE Cranks but won’t turn over without starter fluid, then drives fine.
Please edit the title of your thread and add "SOLVED".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom