1fz auto reverse problem in low range (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've recently got my self a 95 auto 1fz 80 series and just been out playing in some sand. When I got the thing stuck on a hill and try to reverse out of it in low it would move backward the tiniest bit then do nothing and roll forward again and wouldnt rev up then it would stall occasionally. I managed to reverse if I let off the gas then back on a few times to rock my self out. Has anyone else had this problem and how can I fix it?

Does it move forward and shift forward gears normally? Which transmisssion does your 95 model 80 have? Check the VIN plate/sticker, it should be on one of the front doors below the latch mechanism, last line, should read something like A343 or A442.

Yeah it shifts up gears normal just doesn't like going backwards for some reason and the box is A442

There's been a few discussions on the forum about solenoids going bad in the A442 transmission.

Here's a few links:

Cheers mate I'll pull the pan off later today and have a look it does have over 400,000 ks on the clock but has had a lower K motor put in I'd the the box is still original tho the bloke I got it off said it had been sitting for a while so hopefully you've pointed me in the right direction

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom