For Sale 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser For Sale - Fully Overland Prepped & Outfitted - Excellent Condition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

*** LATEST UPDATE: Current price is $19,500. Vehicle (and us) are currently in Boston for the foreseeable future. ***

Have you ever dreamed of ultimate freedom? Doing a cross-continent trip for half a year, a year or more? Or just being able to go off the grid anywhere you want for a weekend? We sure did!

Susan and I started our adventure from USA to Argentina in early January of 2018 (http://www.TurnRightAtTheAmazon.com and Turn Right At The Amazon (@turnrightattheamazon) • Instagram photos and videos).

We purchased our trusted 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser in Reno, NV the previous year, spent half a year getting it ready and outfitting for the trip, and set out for the adventure right after. We crossed the entire Central and South America, enjoying the ultimate freedom that comes from being able to anywhere you want in a vehicle you trust and love.

As we’re nearing the end of our trip, we’re getting ready to ship our truck from Argentina to USA and wanted to post this to see if anyone is interested in purchasing it to do an adventure of their own.
Interested? Get in touch at boris@mordkovich.com

Practical Details:

• Asking Price: $19,500 - includes nearly $18K of parts and equipment (not including labor)
  • Location of Sale: There are 2 options - in the U.S. or in South America:

USA - after September 4th: Jacksonville, FL (where it’ll be shipped to), New York (where we’re driving to next) or anywhere in between. Can also deliver anywhere within 750 miles of the East Coast for the cost of gas.

South America - before July 22th: Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series - Silver
  • Purchased in Reno, NV in 2017. 2 previous owners.
  • VIN #: JT3HT05J6X0061122 - feel free to do a carfax.com report
  • Current Registration: Massachusetts, valid until 2019
  • Clean Title in Hand
  • Mileage At The Time of Sale: 205,000 Miles (we put about 20,000 on it)
  • 4.7L V8 230 Horsepower - full specs here: Used 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser Features & Specs | Edmunds
  • Paint: minor scratches from offroading, but otherwise beautiful
  • Overlanding Gear: ready to go
  • Has Front Lockers!
20180702-DSCF3600.jpg
20180521-DSCF3767.jpg
20180424-DSCF1840.jpg
20180208-DSCF7604.jpg
20180519-DSCF3450.jpg

Vehicle Condition:

It was pristinely maintained by the previous owners and this tradition was continued by us. The exterior is in great condition and so is the interior. It’s hard to tell that this vehicle is 20 years old by the way it looks, feels and runs. Service records are well kept and we've always aimed to get service done at Toyota dealerships on the road.

List of Equipment:

Full, Detailed List With Links is Available Here: 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser - List of Included Equipment

This Land Cruiser is designed to provide comfortable travel for up to 2-4 people for an extended period of time anywhere in the world.

It has a roof top tent from FrontRunner that is amazingly comfortable for 2 people. It’s not just one of the most lightweight tents, but it also has a really great 360 degree ventilation and views. It also comes with a ladder extension for more flexibility.

The dual battery system and the 50L fridge from Dometic ensures that you keep all of your food cold. The fridge has plenty of room to store food for a week for several people. On top of that, a full outdoor kitchen is included with a 2-burner Primus stove, Propane gas canister mounted on the rear swing out, folding chair, and 2 chairs.

We’ve also built a custom storage system in the back that has 6 drawers, a slot for the fridge, as well as the area for the table storage and additional items. It allows us to keep all of our clothes, food, and kitchen stuff organized and easily accessible.

With a spacious roof rack and two swing outs on the rear bumper, there is a mounting system for the 5lb gas canister, spare tire, as well as 5 jerry cans (2 for water, 3 for gas), so you can go off the grid easily.

The 2.5M awning on a side provides shade or cover from the rain and just takes a few minutes to set up. There is also a solar shower and shower/changing tent, so you can easily take a shower wherever you are.

Service History:
  • Prior to 2017, the car was always serviced at Toyota dealerships. Records available via Carfax.
  • January 2018 - Guanajuato, Mexico - Full inspection at Toyota dealer.
  • March 2018 - Panama City, Panama - Change oil and fluids, full inspection at Toyota dealer.
  • April 2018 - Medellin, Colombia - replace steering arm, full inspection, change all tires.
  • May 2018 - Trujillo, Peru - Full inspection at Toyota dealer. Change oil and fluids.
  • June 2018- La Paz/Cochabamba, Bolivia - Full service and inspection at Toyota dealer. Replaced right front axle. Replace tire rod, lower and upper suspension bushings. Replaced spare tire. Wheel alignment and balancing.
FAQ:

How was the car serviced?

During out PanAmerican adventure, we’d always aim to have full inspections and service done at Toyota dealerships. Service records available. Prior to us purchasing the vehicle, it was also always serviced at Toyota dealers in NV/CA with service records available from the previous owners.

Where is the car now?

We are finishing up our trip at the end of July in Argentina and then shipping it from there to Florida. Thus, the car is available towards the end of July in Buenos Aires (by July 22nd) or in Florida/East Coast after September 4th (when it arrives by ship).

Where is the car registered?

The car is currently registered in Massachusetts.

How many people does the car currently fit?

It has 2 rows of seats and can comfortably fit 5 people. 3rd row can be installed back, although we don’t have the actual seats. When traveling, we’d travel with up to 4 people quite comfortable (we have an extra tent we’d use for the guests).

What’s the range on the vehicle?

It has a 26 gallon tank, plus we can carry an additional 15 gallons in jerry cans, so we can travel up to 500 miles or 800km between fill ups.

How old is most of the equipment?

Most of the things we’ve purchased in late 2017 as we were preparing for the trip, so most of it is less than 1 year old.

How do I get in touch?

Send me an email to boris@mordkovich.com. Please bear with me if it takes a day or two to respond, as we're still on the road and the Wi-Fi is not always reliable.

I need more info and photos.

Please check out the links below:

Thanks a lot for consideration, everyone!

Last edited:
*** LATEST UPDATE: Current price is $19,500. Vehicle (and us) are currently in Boston for the foreseeable future. ***

Have you ever dreamed of ultimate freedom? Doing a cross-continent trip for half a year, a year or more? Or just being able to go off the grid anywhere you want for a weekend? We sure did!

Susan and I started our adventure from USA to Argentina in early January of 2018 (http://www.TurnRightAtTheAmazon.com and Turn Right At The Amazon (@turnrightattheamazon) • Instagram photos and videos).

We purchased our trusted 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser in Reno, NV the previous year, spent half a year getting it ready and outfitting for the trip, and set out for the adventure right after. We crossed the entire Central and South America, enjoying the ultimate freedom that comes from being able to anywhere you want in a vehicle you trust and love.

As we’re nearing the end of our trip, we’re getting ready to ship our truck from Argentina to USA and wanted to post this to see if anyone is interested in purchasing it to do an adventure of their own.
Interested? Get in touch at boris@mordkovich.com

Practical Details:

• Asking Price: $19,500 - includes nearly $18K of parts and equipment (not including labor)
  • Location of Sale: There are 2 options - in the U.S. or in South America:

USA - after September 4th: Jacksonville, FL (where it’ll be shipped to), New York (where we’re driving to next) or anywhere in between. Can also deliver anywhere within 750 miles of the East Coast for the cost of gas.

South America - before July 22th: Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series - Silver
  • Purchased in Reno, NV in 2017. 2 previous owners.
  • VIN #: JT3HT05J6X0061122 - feel free to do a carfax.com report
  • Current Registration: Massachusetts, valid until 2019
  • Clean Title in Hand
  • Mileage At The Time of Sale: 205,000 Miles (we put about 20,000 on it)
  • 4.7L V8 230 Horsepower - full specs here: Used 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser Features & Specs | Edmunds
  • Paint: minor scratches from offroading, but otherwise beautiful
  • Overlanding Gear: ready to go
  • Has Front Lockers!
View attachment 1735759 View attachment 1735763 View attachment 1735775 View attachment 1735782 View attachment 1735783

Vehicle Condition:

It was pristinely maintained by the previous owners and this tradition was continued by us. The exterior is in great condition and so is the interior. It’s hard to tell that this vehicle is 20 years old by the way it looks, feels and runs. Service records are well kept and we've always aimed to get service done at Toyota dealerships on the road.

List of Equipment:

Full, Detailed List With Links is Available Here: 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser - List of Included Equipment

This Land Cruiser is designed to provide comfortable travel for up to 2-4 people for an extended period of time anywhere in the world.

It has a roof top tent from FrontRunner that is amazingly comfortable for 2 people. It’s not just one of the most lightweight tents, but it also has a really great 360 degree ventilation and views. It also comes with a ladder extension for more flexibility.

The dual battery system and the 50L fridge from Dometic ensures that you keep all of your food cold. The fridge has plenty of room to store food for a week for several people. On top of that, a full outdoor kitchen is included with a 2-burner Primus stove, Propane gas canister mounted on the rear swing out, folding chair, and 2 chairs.

We’ve also built a custom storage system in the back that has 6 drawers, a slot for the fridge, as well as the area for the table storage and additional items. It allows us to keep all of our clothes, food, and kitchen stuff organized and easily accessible.

With a spacious roof rack and two swing outs on the rear bumper, there is a mounting system for the 5lb gas canister, spare tire, as well as 5 jerry cans (2 for water, 3 for gas), so you can go off the grid easily.

The 2.5M awning on a side provides shade or cover from the rain and just takes a few minutes to set up. There is also a solar shower and shower/changing tent, so you can easily take a shower wherever you are.

Service History:
  • Prior to 2017, the car was always serviced at Toyota dealerships. Records available via Carfax.
  • January 2018 - Guanajuato, Mexico - Full inspection at Toyota dealer.
  • March 2018 - Panama City, Panama - Change oil and fluids, full inspection at Toyota dealer.
  • April 2018 - Medellin, Colombia - replace steering arm, full inspection, change all tires.
  • May 2018 - Trujillo, Peru - Full inspection at Toyota dealer. Change oil and fluids.
  • June 2018- La Paz/Cochabamba, Bolivia - Full service and inspection at Toyota dealer. Replaced right front axle. Replace tire rod, lower and upper suspension bushings. Replaced spare tire. Wheel alignment and balancing.
FAQ:

How was the car serviced?

During out PanAmerican adventure, we’d always aim to have full inspections and service done at Toyota dealerships. Service records available. Prior to us purchasing the vehicle, it was also always serviced at Toyota dealers in NV/CA with service records available from the previous owners.

Where is the car now?

We are finishing up our trip at the end of July in Argentina and then shipping it from there to Florida. Thus, the car is available towards the end of July in Buenos Aires (by July 22nd) or in Florida/East Coast after September 4th (when it arrives by ship).

Where is the car registered?

The car is currently registered in Massachusetts.

How many people does the car currently fit?

It has 2 rows of seats and can comfortably fit 5 people. 3rd row can be installed back, although we don’t have the actual seats. When traveling, we’d travel with up to 4 people quite comfortable (we have an extra tent we’d use for the guests).

What’s the range on the vehicle?

It has a 26 gallon tank, plus we can carry an additional 15 gallons in jerry cans, so we can travel up to 500 miles or 800km between fill ups.

How old is most of the equipment?

Most of the things we’ve purchased in late 2017 as we were preparing for the trip, so most of it is less than 1 year old.

How do I get in touch?

Send me an email to boris@mordkovich.com. Please bear with me if it takes a day or two to respond, as we're still on the road and the Wi-Fi is not always reliable.

I need more info and photos.

Please check out the links below:

Thanks a lot for consideration, everyone!
Congrats on the pending sale. Slightly off-topic, how much did it cost you to ship the truck from Buenos Aires to Jacksonville?

Hey folks,

Buyer is having second thoughts due to the shipping costs, so the vehicle is currently on the market again.

If you are interested, feel free to reach out via email at boris@mordkovich.com or text me at 347-225-1849.

Keep in mind - if you're thinking about shipping the vehicle to the West Coast, plan in the vicinity of $1,100 - $1,500 and I encourage you to check the shipping costs ahead of time to ensure you're comfortable with them.

Last edited:
Ive read both this posting and the article on EXPO and have one serious question as i am quite interested. What is the front locker? Factory or aftermarket? I don't remember there ever being a factory locker on the US 100 series in the front.

@dsw1020 Thanks for your inquiry! Apologies, it actually refers to the factory rear locker (not front one). I've had a post correcting this later on but accidentally overwritten it. If you have any other questions, feel free to post here or reach out directly!

Price is $19,500

Location is in Boston

All of the same photos still apply, but feel free to email me if you want something specific?

Hey, it's October, so I thought I might pose the question - is this still for sale? I flew out to Illinois a few years ago to buy my first 4Runner, so flying out to Boston for my first Land Cruiser isn't out of the question for me.

This sold in March per an email I got from the seller. Unfortunately listing was not updated.

I'm getting ready to sell my 99. Similar specs and price. See my sig line for details. If the mod was discussed on MUD, it was probably done to this truck! Send me a PM if interested. Thanks!

I'm getting ready to sell my 99. Similar specs and price. See my sig line for details. If the mod was discussed on MUD, it was probably done to this truck! Send me a PM if interested. Thanks!
I definitely want to see it and learn more... Where are you located?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom