1999 LX 470 Body Panel Moulding Clips (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

63cruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
So i have a relatively rust free LX470 but the clips for the body panel moulding have rusted out. Anybody else have this problem? I have searched and it appears only the fasteners that go in the clips are available but not the clips themselves. Searched on ebay and mud but haven't found any that aren't attached to full panels which i do not need. Anybody have a part number for these clips?
Body Panel Clips.jpg

Last edited:
I have the same problem. Enough of the clips have broken so I have been able to take a peak behind there, and it's just the clips that are rusting. One of these days I need to pull them off and replace. I have rust stains from them on the lower cladding portion too. It is just the front door cladding for me that is doing this. I need to get part #'s for the clips and get on it myself. Let me know what you end up doing.

Have you guys tried Toyota Parts Deal? I have sourced most of the body trim clips here. I did a cross reference on both ebay and amazon to make sure I had the right ones. Good Luck.

Every parts diagram I have found show just the plastic clip anchor that goes in the metal clip. I was going to reach out to the lLexus dealer but I am guessing they will be useless in helping me.

I have the same issue on my DS front door. I will look into this as well.

Funny I have searched mud and there is only one reference to this problem. Found another reference to the rust residue at the bottom of the panel. While I am at the edge of the south and Midwest I am amazed that they rusted through on an otherwise clean truck

I've got the same issue. My tailgate panel was nearly falling off when I finally pulled it to discover the rusted clips, and I've since noticed the rust stains at the bottom of nearly every door panel, with panels on both front doors being visibly loose now. Would love to know if anyone's found a part number or suitable replacment.

I have called my local Lexus parts department and there is no separate part number. May have to find one good clip and fab them. They don’t have to be pretty just useable. Doesn’t look to hard to make by hand but it would be great to get them stamped. I haven’t found anybody willing to sell the clips from any wrecked lx parts rigs that have been parted out on mud and the part doesn’t exist on a land cruiser.

I'm interested in finding not the metal clip pictured above (thankfully in a rust free zone), but the plastic anchors/retainer part numbers.

Those will not work. Original on left, homemade on right I was unable to find these anywhere new View attachment 2454125
Not much luck finding info on this subject. Just bought a '05 GX 470 and driver's door exterior body panel is loose at bottom only . I don't have any metal clips to use a guide to fabricate my own unless I pull passenger side off and orange plastic pins appear broken. Also, not sure how the metal clips install? I assume they use this clip along with orange plastic pins to press/snap on to door. (had a few orange clips remaining stuck in the metal door) Do they act like a washer that slide up into exterior side of plastic body panel flange that clips fit thru? Are they only on bottom row of attachment (5 holes) or are they on top and bottom? Guess I could completely remove the panel and look but upper clips seem secure at this point.

Here was my solution. The metal clips are indeed not sold in any form. The metal clips had prongs that stuck into the bottom lip of the cladding, and then were double-side taped to the inside face of the cladding. Mine were 100% dissolved. I ended up using new plastic clips and Urethane adhesive. Seems to be working well.

I’ve got the same issue. Anyone figure anything out? I don’t have the ability to fab custom clips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom