1999 Landcruiser DRL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is a dumb question, but I don't know the answer so I am shooting my shot.

Do 1999 Landcruisers (100 series) have Daytime Running Lights. I have mine with 145k miles and bought it about 8 months ago, and have never had DRL. I have the headlights set to auto, and none of the lights turn on until its dark outside or turn them on manually. Are there supposed to be DRL's when on auto mode?

If so what should I do to get them working agian? If not I guess tis something I wish they had!

The DRL is the high beam bulb, just at a lower power.

You can check to see if there is any version of the DRL Disable mod on your 100.

I disabled the DRL on my 99. Personal preference.

When I swapped out my high beams for led bulbs my DRL went away. I don’t miss them.

When I swapped out my high beams for led bulbs my DRL went away. I don’t miss them.
I know it's a dummy question. But how did you remove the driver side high beam bulb? Tried several times but couldn't pass the pipe which prevented me from taking the bulb out.

I know it's a dummy question. But how did you remove the driver side high beam bulb? Tried several times but couldn't pass the pipe which prevented me from taking the bulb out.
I don’t remember. But I’m thinking I must have removed the battery.

I’m remembering now that when I did pull the battery, I discovered that it was leaking and had destroyed most of the paint beneath the battery tray. Not the point of the discussion but it was worth having a look. I ended up using some POR15 to repair and protect the metal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom