1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1998 Hilux Tracker SR5 from Portugal

Discussion in '90-Series Tech' started by rlopes, Sep 11, 2017.

1. rlopes

rlopes

Media:
    Hi everyone! :)

I just joined the forum, so as my first post here I'm presenting myself. I'm Rui, from Portugal, and I'm beginning my "adventure" in the off-road world. I am an automotive engineer, addicted to cars and motorcycles (I guess it can't be helped :D). I bought an euro spec Toyota Hilux LN165, 1998 Tracker SR5 2.4 TD dual cab, mainly for work and some off-roading. It is stock (for now), here are some pics:

It comes with the 2L-T engine, it came in very good condition aside from some leak in the A/C that I didn't find yet (+/- 125 000 km), it has 135 000 now, and I am willing to modify it to gain more power, what it has is not enough :D

This is what made me find this community, I've found very interesting info on these engines, and it gave me some interesting ideas that I am of course willing to discuss with you, such as:
    - Water to air intercooler
    - More boost
    - EGT monitoring and control

Aside from that, a 5cm lift may be on the way next year, as I was able to legalize some 235/85 R16 and 265/75 R16 tyres :)

Thank you all for what you've taught me so far (even without knowing :D) - I'll learn a lot and share knowledge for sure.

G-Cat likes this.
  2. Gun Runner 5

Gun Runner 5 SILVER Star