1998 Front End Update Kit - (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I purchased the kit a long time ago. The cruiser is in the body shop this week, so I thought it would be an ideal time to get the update completed. The tech is having some issue with the install. Does anyone have or know of a write up on the procedure?

Thanks!

What front end parts are you referring to? Suspension, body, brakes?
Need more details

If you're talking about the 03-05 or 06-07 facelifts, they're not cross compatible with the 99-02.

Unless you have the other required parts besides the grille and headlights, there's the valance panel, the filler panel below the headlights and grille gets replaced and there is some minor trimming required on the fender (I think).

There's probably other stuff I'm missing but can't think of right now.

I have purchased all the required parts. Just looking for a write up or someone that has performed the update to lend a bit of assistance.

I have purchased all the required parts. Just looking for a write up or someone that has performed the update to lend a bit of assistance.

Oops, I stupidly missed that even though it was the thing you initially said in the first post! :doh:

This is one of the mods that I've been especially happy with. Like you, my truck was in the body shop for front end damage anyways, so I figure I'd just do the upgrade on someone else's dime. Mine is a 2002 with a TJM T3 bumper.
DSC_0248.JPG
DSC_0249.JPG

Looks great. Did that grill come painted from the factory?

Looks great. Did that grill come painted from the factory?
Thanks! The grille has not been altered. That's how it comes from Toyota.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom