Builds 1997 HZJ77HV-PEU Build (Grey Poupon) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Unfortunately the rear hinges are not serviceable, they have to be replaced as a unit.

This is not new to me but I don't remember seeing it over here in LC land. Have a set of these for my 4runners. Easy 3D printing project and decent functionality IMO. it does raise the headrest up about 10 mm to accommodate the bracket.

STL head rest holder

IMG_3531.JPG

IMG_3533.JPG

While waiting for seats, RedArc, engine mounts and enjoying the sub zero weather in MN. Even the Cat decided going outside was a bad idea.

I wanted to try and get the new style Diesel emblem onto the grill. I just have some holes and of course the new style emblems have the pins in the wrong locations... but that's not something another hole can't fix.

I will print the final adapter out of TPU flex filament. but I think this should work, will need to rub some dirt on it because it's way shinier than the rest of the grill.

IMG_3551.JPG

I printed an adapter kind of thing to wrap around the profile of the grill. I need to create a recess for some double sticky 3M foam tape. Will work on that tororrow.
IMG_3552.JPG

IMG_3553.JPG

I could ditch the pins altogether but they do help keep it aligned so for now I will keep that
IMG_3554.JPG

I could ditch the pins altogether but they do help keep it aligned so for now I will keep that

Love this idea!

I was kind of surprised the LC guys did not have a built in solution like the 4runners? I considered grabbing some of the plastic 4runner inserts but then I would have had to rip into the back seats so... yea not worth it. too bad Toyota did not provide this in the LC.

headrest storage.jpg

Rock Man aka Lock Man per Gooogle Translate. Rock = Lock, UnRock = UnLock !

Found the Keyless entry system, jammed into the drivers door. NICE! Thanks to @FJ73Texas for the links. Ran Google Translate on the PDF docs for this system, one worked the other Google Translate said file corrupt? hmmm well ok.

PDF wire diagram in attached. I need to create a bracket or something so RockMan does not bounce around.

if anybody has magic translate skills? 24V70bskl_s in attached give it a whirl? would love to have the translated versions of that one as well.

IMG_3542.JPG

Attachments

• 24V70bskl_cd_sTranslate.pdf
    125 KB · Views: 38
  • 24V70bskl_s.pdf
    387.6 KB · Views: 35
I wanted to try and get the new style Diesel emblem onto the grill. I just have some holes and of course the new style emblems have the pins in the wrong locations... but that's not something another hole can't fix.

I am using that badge on my rear door and it is a nice badge. I just cut the studs off and used 3M tape since it was going on a flat surface.

badge.JPG

It is not a good translation but I had this file translated.

Attachments

• 24V70bskl_english.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 34
@ATL Cruiser

had asked if I could do a little 3d printed wedge for the rear. That was the plan to trim the plugs off and 3M tape it. Great minds think alike.

That is a good idea. I would be down for a wedge if you make extras. While it does sit flat, it is at an angle.

Native japanese speakers can't pronounce the "R" sound or really struggle to do so. Once I got a compliment that my Japanese boss liked my shirt, but "R" wasn't used. Of course my hearing isn't great but I still was initially shocked.

Native japanese speakers can't pronounce the "R" sound or really struggle to do so. Once I got a compliment that my Japanese boss liked my shirt, but "R" wasn't used. Of course my hearing isn't great but I still was initially shocked.
I know my in-laws, who were Japanese, struggled with the “R” in my name. 😁

xmas came a little bit early. Now if it can just warm up bast 11 billion neg deg.

I will pull the drivers seat and base out and bring them into my heated shop and start looking at how to hook things up. My Plasma water table is frozen solid as rock however so it needs to warm up a bit so I can robot cut again.
IMG_3581.JPG

Kind of like the mattress tags?

Wow those scheelmans are a dream for sure. A buddy put them in his defender and wow! Will you still be able to use the bouncy bouncy too?

well lets see I need to get the Toyota Seat up on the bench with the base and then I think it should just be a couple of bent plates to re-use the suspension base. gotta keep the suspension base for sure.

made some progress and I think I will give this design a try. These seem to work ok with the toyota sliders. just 3d printed proto-types before I cut/grind/bend steel ones. These sit exactly the same in the back but the front of the seat is about 1/2" higher than stock so I might have to adjust the bends a bit. it's worth a shot for Version 1.0 of Scheel-mann -> suspension seat base with toyota sliders. if this works IMO it's a better solution because you don't have to buy the Scheel-mann sliders and can save $100.

seat flange.jpg

IMG_3587.JPG

IMG_3588.JPG

I also made some progress getting the first try at door card core's for the rear doors. the clips are all old and break, the press board is flismy, the foam is turning into toxic dust... 25 year old door cards meh. I got the rear doors scanned and tool paths are ready for the plasma table.

the plan is to try 1/8" thick Aluminum 6061 sheet, this should give me a solid door card that is not too heavy and is much more resilient. I have started to look for in the ballpark vinyl so I can then cover the AL. I will not be able to make the fancy lines in them but I think new and fresh beats old and saggy.

Off now to go pickup the first batch of sheets so I can start to see how it's going to work out.

I ordered some replacement clips from jungle web, going to try these first to see if they work ok.

Amazon product ASIN B07CJQMSSQAmazon product ASIN B07FVZGLPF
IMG_3589.JPG

door card.jpg

made some progress and I think I will give this design a try. These seem to work ok with the toyota sliders. just 3d printed proto-types before I cut/grind/bend steel ones. These sit exactly the same in the back but the front of the seat is about 1/2" higher than stock so I might have to adjust the bends a bit. it's worth a shot for Version 1.0 of Scheel-mann -> suspension seat base with toyota sliders. if this works IMO it's a better solution because you don't have to buy the Scheel-mann sliders and can save $100.

Would you be willing to make me a set once you get this dialed in? Willing to pay you for materials and your time.

I have been wanting to replace my front seats for awhile now with more comfortable ones. Scheel-man isn't my first option but again there aren't many out there either. What had stopped me from doing this was mostly due to lack of brackets for scheel-mans to suspension bases. I just tried to refresh my headrests with newer 70 series headrests that I got from Dave Stedman but they are not going to work without a lot of modification that I am not sure I am willing to do the more I look at it (So much work for little gain). So new front seats is looking better and better to me now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom