1997 80 Series - Locked, Built, Rebuilt, 4.6L (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up for sale - 1997 with 130k on the ticker. The details

The engine: My head gasket popped last fall, so I decicded to fix it the right way. Robbie, aka PowderPig, just did a complete rebuild for me. Bored over to 4.6L with new pistons, rings, bearings, all new seals, head and block decked by Robbies prefereed machine shop,
- rings and pistons cryo'd
- new water pump, radiator ect, fan cluctch change out with 20k cst oil, complete new cooling system.
- new AC compressor, dryer, seal kit ect
- New power steering pump
- new alternator brushes
- If it was rubber, it was replaced, all vacum, and cooling lines
- PHH replaced with blue silicone
- A no expenses spared rebuild, if Robbie recomended it, I did it.

More Stuff:
- Freshly regeared to 5.29's - Also by Robbie. Front R&P cryo'd
- Front axle service with new koyo bearings and brand new longfield super set, done less than 2k miles ago.
- Full rear axle service with re-gear
- Newer custom high mount exhaust, high flow cat and muffler.
- Front and rear brakes completely replaced within last 8k miles. New rotors, pads, all rubber lines, master, calipers, ect. Speed bleeders on all calipers and LSPV

Mods:
- Custom 3.5" lift, OME springs, custom Eye-eye shock mounts front and rear to fully utiilize the 12" travel fox custom valved shocks. 5" up, 7" down travel, front and rear. Custom bump stops. Sway bars lowered
- SLEE Double Cardan Front Drive Shaft
- Custom rear drive shaft with Toyota joints, tubed with 0.095 wall material
- Slee caster correction plates
- Land Tank HD rear Lower Control Arms with brand new Toyota Rubber Busings.
- Custom front bumper made from 3/8" steel in the center section and 1/8" plate wings.
- Bump it Offroad high clearance rear bumper, w/custom extensions to fully cover rear quarters to wheel wells. Has a spindle and prepped for tire carrier or other accessory.
- Bump it Off Road sliders with cat protection moved up to high clearance cats.
- Fender flares removed and grey UPOL raptor applied to match flare lines. Sharp color combo in my opinion!
- slee headlight harness and HIR high and low lamps.
- new duralast gold 750cca battery
- I almost forgot: 37" Mickey Thompson MTZ's on FCJ wheels painted in a gunmetal color. 1.25" wheel spacers. These tires have about 1000 miles on them. NO chunking, or signs of abuse

Interior:
- Impressive for a 16 year old vehicle. I keep my vehicles very clean.
- Always has had Husky Liners front and rear.
- Cargo liner
- New center console leather in dark brown from Shane
- New door arm rest leather in dark brown from Shane
- Rear seat leather is in excellent condition.
- Passenger seat leather in excellent condition
- Driver seat leather looks ok but has a split in the seam on the seat cushion and showing some wear on the outside seat bolster.
- 3rd row leather in superb condition.
- I have new driver side door window runs, have not installed.
- I have a new windshield seal but have not installed.
- Wood veneer removed. A few scratches on the shifter console
- Kenwood head unit. Getting a little old, but works fine.

In short this is an opportunity to own a fully built, practically brand new LOW MILAGE LC with factory lockers. The only thing I could possibly think to do to this vehicle at this point is to replace the leather. I have spared no expense in rebuilding this truck as I take pride in my projects and originally started the build with the intent of making this a forever truck, but as always, things change!

I am asking $23,000 for the truck. Tell me if I am absolutely crazy. Otherwise, lets try and make a deal!

Truck is at Robbies shop in Boulder getting gears done for about another week. Then it will be in Boulder Colorado.

Note, there are a few pinstripes on the paint as it is black, and the paint on the hood is well, 16yrs old. I have not abused this truck. It has ran Holy Cross twice and otherwise used for family camping trips on dirt roads.

Originially an AZ truck (have the sticker from the dealer), I purchsed from KC, has since been in Colorado. No rust to speak of.

Call me @: 970.331.3125
Email me @: kmcoop7@yahoo.com

Thanks for your interest.
Kevin

P1000525.jpg

P1000516.jpg
P1000522.jpg

P1000189.jpg

P1000178.jpg

P1000549.jpg

P1000547.jpg

P1000545.jpg

P1000231.jpg

P1000229.jpg

P1000224.jpg

P1000221.jpg

I. LOVE. THIS. TRUCK.

Worth every penny, however, it's out of my range!

Excuse the hijack, but the more I look at that front bumper I like it more and more. Wonder if there is any chance of the fabricator making more? Looks great on the already awesome looking rig!

cheers,
Joel

bumper

no hijack, just a free bump.

I made the bumper. It took a lot of time, and I don't really have any of that any more, so this bumper is and will remain one of a kind.

I will guarantee this bumper has better angles than anything available on the market!

still for sale

Temporary sale - $19,500

I have had a lot of interest in my truck that has eaten up a lot of my time. It still hasn't sold yet so.........

I am running a sale...$19,500 for the next 4 weeks. If it doesn't sell at that price in that time, it will stay for sale at my original asking price.

I just hate seeing it sit in my driveway all day everyday, and could use the funds for my business.

Thanks

I live in Longmont and wish I could take off your hands. It is truly a great rig. Just can't swing it right now. Good luck selling it I can't believe it hasn't been snatched up yet.

I am running a sale...$19,500 for the next 4 weeks. If it doesn't sell at that price in that time, it will stay for sale at my original asking price.

I had a coffee this morning at a holiday in express and will hunker down for the price hike.......

Last edited:
Koop... Is the truck green or black? I think 19.5 is a good deal on that 80.

He mentions that there are pinstripes because its BLACK paint....you must be one of the ones wasting his time.

Sorry eating alone and needed some entertainment.

offer??

Someone make me an offer! My business is poised for some growth and I need the cashflow to get some things done.

New contact #303.875.9211
email: kmcoop7@yahoo.com

I would love to take it on one last trip and deliver to you!

Thank

trades

I might consider a trade that involved cash coming my way for:

1. A 100 Series
2. A diesel truck of the working variety, no King Ranch or Denali crap, a flat bed would be ideal!
3. A Sequoia
4. A Tundra

I might consider a trade that involved cash coming my way for:

1. A 100 Series
2. A diesel truck of the working variety, no King Ranch or Denali crap, a flat bed would be ideal!
3. A Sequoia
4. A Tundra

I don't have any great photos since I forgot my camera on the last run, but I have a 100 that just had Slee add on an OME lift, TJM bumper, sliders, winch, 285 Duratracs..I have toyed with the idea of getting either a JKU or 80 series..any interest?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Before the Duratracs:

attachment.php

clean minivan with title in hand plus $500.00. JK, that rig is a thing of beauty. I wish i could swing it but too rich for my blood unfortunately.

Are the wheel spacers hub centric, or does the wheel now use the outer hub for the sheer point . Besides the wheel nuts of coarse. And what does no rust to speak of mean ? Nice suspension setup . Have you fully flexed it out and no rubbing ? What's the front bumper weight compared to let's say the same manufacturer as your rear.

Wheel spacers are lug centric, I believe.

suspension will fully flex with no rub. I massaged the inner fender wells a bit.

there is one small spot of rust under the back window, and there are a few spots that can be seen around some welds on the frame. Pretty typical for any 16yr old vehicle I think.

My front bumper weighs about 75lbs

Bump for one of my favorite 80's ever, wish I wasn't building a house, GLWS.

I was just at Robbies today and saw the rig. Incredible looking machine. Robbie just rebuilt my engine and I can tell you that one could possibly as good as Robbie. He did everything to this vehicle and it looks amazing. If you want an amazing vehicle, this has got to be one of the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom