1997 80 Series - Locked, Built, Rebuilt, 4.6L (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up for sale - 1997 with 130k on the ticker. The details

The engine: My head gasket popped last fall, so I decicded to fix it the right way. Robbie, aka PowderPig, just did a complete rebuild for me. Bored over to 4.6L with new pistons, rings, bearings, all new seals, head and block decked by Robbies prefereed machine shop,
- rings and pistons cryo'd
- new water pump, radiator ect, fan cluctch change out with 20k cst oil, complete new cooling system.
- new AC compressor, dryer, seal kit ect
- New power steering pump
- new alternator brushes
- If it was rubber, it was replaced, all vacum, and cooling lines
- PHH replaced with blue silicone
- A no expenses spared rebuild, if Robbie recomended it, I did it.

More Stuff:
- Freshly regeared to 5.29's - Also by Robbie. Front R&P cryo'd
- Front axle service with new koyo bearings and brand new longfield super set, done less than 2k miles ago.
- Full rear axle service with re-gear
- Newer custom high mount exhaust, high flow cat and muffler.
- Front and rear brakes completely replaced within last 8k miles. New rotors, pads, all rubber lines, master, calipers, ect. Speed bleeders on all calipers and LSPV

Mods:
- Custom 3.5" lift, OME springs, custom Eye-eye shock mounts front and rear to fully utiilize the 12" travel fox custom valved shocks. 5" up, 7" down travel, front and rear. Custom bump stops. Sway bars lowered
- SLEE Double Cardan Front Drive Shaft
- Custom rear drive shaft with Toyota joints, tubed with 0.095 wall material
- Slee caster correction plates
- Land Tank HD rear Lower Control Arms with brand new Toyota Rubber Busings.
- Custom front bumper made from 3/8" steel in the center section and 1/8" plate wings.
- Bump it Offroad high clearance rear bumper, w/custom extensions to fully cover rear quarters to wheel wells. Has a spindle and prepped for tire carrier or other accessory.
- Bump it Off Road sliders with cat protection moved up to high clearance cats.
- Fender flares removed and grey UPOL raptor applied to match flare lines. Sharp color combo in my opinion!
- slee headlight harness and HIR high and low lamps.
- new duralast gold 750cca battery
- I almost forgot: 37" Mickey Thompson MTZ's on FCJ wheels painted in a gunmetal color. 1.25" wheel spacers. These tires have about 1000 miles on them. NO chunking, or signs of abuse

Interior:
- Impressive for a 16 year old vehicle. I keep my vehicles very clean.
- Always has had Husky Liners front and rear.
- Cargo liner
- New center console leather in dark brown from Shane
- New door arm rest leather in dark brown from Shane
- Rear seat leather is in excellent condition.
- Passenger seat leather in excellent condition
- Driver seat leather looks ok but has a split in the seam on the seat cushion and showing some wear on the outside seat bolster.
- 3rd row leather in superb condition.
- I have new driver side door window runs, have not installed.
- I have a new windshield seal but have not installed.
- Wood veneer removed. A few scratches on the shifter console
- Kenwood head unit. Getting a little old, but works fine.

In short this is an opportunity to own a fully built, practically brand new LOW MILAGE LC with factory lockers. The only thing I could possibly think to do to this vehicle at this point is to replace the leather. I have spared no expense in rebuilding this truck as I take pride in my projects and originally started the build with the intent of making this a forever truck, but as always, things change!

I am asking $23,000 for the truck. Tell me if I am absolutely crazy. Otherwise, lets try and make a deal!

Truck is at Robbies shop in Boulder getting gears done for about another week. Then it will be in Boulder Colorado.

Note, there are a few pinstripes on the paint as it is black, and the paint on the hood is well, 16yrs old. I have not abused this truck. It has ran Holy Cross twice and otherwise used for family camping trips on dirt roads.

Originially an AZ truck (have the sticker from the dealer), I purchsed from KC, has since been in Colorado. No rust to speak of.

Call me @: 970.331.3125
Email me @: kmcoop7@yahoo.com

Thanks for your interest.
Kevin

P1000525.jpg

P1000516.jpg
P1000522.jpg

P1000189.jpg

P1000178.jpg

P1000549.jpg

P1000547.jpg

P1000545.jpg

P1000231.jpg

P1000229.jpg

P1000224.jpg

P1000221.jpg

more stuff

Of note:

I have a PDF Factory Service Manual to go with the truck.

Note, the arm rest leather was not replaced in the photos I up loaded. It will be at sale.

I can provide a parts list from Onur for the rebuild work. All toyota parts were used, except for the Radiator which is a Koyo from Robbie.

Thanks for your interest!!

Awesome looking rig, man! Good luck with sale, I personally don't think its a bad price...

cheers,

Joel

more

Also, front hub studs replaced with ARP variant during axle rebuild.

Front axle is now as bullet proofed as stock 80 front axle can be with factory lockers! I think

There are probably many things I am forgetting, but you get the point!

Thanks

Very sweet 80!! Did you have it dynoed after the motor was built or any idea on power? GLWS!!

dyno

No dyno. It is still at Robbies getting gears done.

I don't think the over bore and new pistons is much of a power adder and my was running nice and strong right up until the head gasket thing.

Bump!

Should bump the power some. Might be worth it for a few runs in a dyno. Love to have this truck just alittle out of my price range.

bump

Lots of interest, but it is still up for sale.

I have been driving it around a bit and there is a definate power bump. Easily accelerates from 70mph to 80mph on the highway in 4th gear. At altitude no less!

I might even be willing to negotiate a bit now!

Saw this in person on Monday over at Robbie's. Striking vehicle. Good luck with the sale!

Wow, this thing is beautiful!!! Wish I had extra money. Too Rich for my blood.

POWA

SO I HAVE NOW HAD A CHANCE TO DRIVE MY TRUCK A LITTLE AND I MUST SAY, I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF I WANT TO SELL IT. THE POWER AND DRIVABILITY DIFFERENCE WITH THE REBUILT 4.6 MOTOR AND GEARS IS IMENSE.

Some speeds up the mountains on I-70 for reference. I don't care where you are from, it is probably harder to hold speeds on these roads than any other in the country due to our altitude and the long grades.

All speeds west bound
Floyd Hill - 66mph
Silverplume Hill - 66mph
All the little grades up to the tunnel - 64
Vail Pass - 70mph

At 70 I am turning about 2700 rpm in 4th.

The truck feels totally different, I still haven't taken it over 3500rpm and don't know why I would need to. There is plenty of power now. It is almost a modern vehicle. I cruised from my house in Lafayette to DIA on C470 last weekend at 85-90mph and it was smooth and had NO problem holding these speeds. I used to think I would never be happy in this truck without v8 power, but have now changed my mind. Gears and a little overbore really wake this rig up.

Just my two cents for those considering the rebuild vs v8 swap.

still for sale

gears

I should have mentioned all speeds were held in 3rd gear, with out the pedal on the floor.

Asking price is the same. Sale prices are often different from asking prices however.

slim pickins

Looks like the 80 series pickins are getting slim. I know one of you tire kickers that calls me all the time wants to spend a bunch of money you don't have and your wife doesn't want you to spend.

I am giving the 80 the fall wax this weekend, come and get it while it is all shined up, so your wife isn't totally pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom