For Sale 1996 LX450 Diesel - North Palm Beach FL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry for the repost, I couldn't figure out how to add "Diesel" to my previous Thread.
Kayaks.jpg

1996 LX 450 – Cummins Diesel - $15,000 obo.
North Palm Beach FL
210,000 total miles
Conversion done at 175,022 in 2011\
35,000 miles since conversion

Conversion by Proffitts Cruisers
Eng. - Cummins QSB 3.9 (130hp/350tq)
Intercooler
Electric cooling fans
Trans – 4L80E
PCI low stall torque converter
PCS transmission controller – fully programmable via windows - has inputs for manual shifting paddles or switches
EGT, Boost, Fuel Pressure gauges
Cruise control
Part time transfer case
Warn hubs in front
Currently 3.70 gears (1800rpm – 75mph)
Will include a 4.11 LSD rear third member
4” lift – Slee
Slee SS brake lines
36” tires Falken Wildpeak AT
ARB Rear bumper with Tire carrier
Pioneer Stereo (Bluetooth, Ipod/phone connection, backup camera)
MB Quartz speakers
Alpine amp 4x50
Infinity Basslink subwoofer
The whole interior was removed and Second Skin sound proofing installed. Mat and vibration dampener.

I am selling the truck because I just don’t have the time to use it or continue adding the mods I would like. The truck has never seen any off-roading since the conversion. Sad but true. All the miles on the engine are highway miles with some DD.

Last edited:
55 is where it locks up so rpm drops way down. 75mph is like 1800-2000 rpm. The engine loves 1800. That is just the way it is set currently, Trans controller can be set up to personal taste super easy.

Gauge pod is fuel pressure, EGT, boost and the top sticks out a bit I. The back but you don't notice it in when in the seat. The camera angle makes it more noticeable cause it took it high from the back seat.

Switches to the left are;
Amber - intake heater grid for cold weather starting. Monetary switch that activates an electric heater on the intake manifold
Blue - reverse lights and back up camera.

Engine is a 2006. It was new at the conversion so 35,000ish miles on it no major service on it anytime soon.

No problems. I just heard that that engine is loud. I was just wondering. What is your opinion on the power of the engine? Do you feel the truck has enough power? Could it tow a trailer with no problems for example?

The tow rating for the truck is like 5500lbs I think that would be as much as i would go. I towed my jeep around with it and it did fine, thats about 3750. I think the lift and tires would be a bit of the issue more than the power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom