1995 Land cruiser Tranny Pan Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Please help. New here and recently inherited a 1995 Toyota Land Cruiser. Love the beast. One problem, the Tranny pan is leaking, very rusted. I am spinning my wheels (or actually not with no fluid) trying to find a pan. No one seems to have one. Anyone have any ideas, or maybe one laying around?
Thank you.

Bead blast yours or buy one from cruiser yard , where are you at? By the way it gets sealed back up with fipg not a cork gasket, and do not over tighten those bolts it's a pretty light torque. Also make sure pan is square and level or it could leak when putting back tgether

Thank you Ajax. I started with emailing cruiser yard (they did not have one listed for the 80 on their site). I would try to repair my current pan...but it is actually more like a screen atm. I live near Pittsburgh, Pa.
I really want to get the cruiser back on the road. In the past couple years, I have put stainless brake lines, stainless cat back exhaust, new wheels and tires, and various other repair/upgrades into the green monster. My father in law always took great care of the cruiser, and after he couldn't work on ti anymore, I took over maintaining it...but it sat and had some rot start in between.
In the meantime if anyone else has a pan or a suggestion, I am open to options until I actually find a pan.
Thanks again!

Metric Offroad grand junction Colorado ask for Mike tell him Ryan told you that he prob has a tranny pan. google them and you'll find there number

Look in the partout section.....

There's a few Cruiser breakers here - Cruiseryard is one, the guys in the NE are closest to you, Cruiserparts.net - 2 off top my head.

Thank you all for the suggestions and help. Unfortunately nothing has panned (hahah i'm a dork) out just yet. Although, the year split on the 1994/1995 land cruiser pan may be simply a positioning of the dipstick tube, and i should have a new pan to test next week.

Sorry for doing the Necro on this thread, Thank you all for the help, So I realize its been over a year.... but here is what happened.
1. The mechanic was wrong about my leak, the leak was from the tube where it meets the pan.
2. That did not change much, as the tube only comes with the discontinued pan.
3. So on to the repair...
I took the advice of blasting the pan and recoating it anyway, then removed the old tube by cutting and drilling it out of the pan to then accept a copper flex pipe.
My friend then braised the copper pipe in place and we cleaned and ground away the burrs. I then reinstalled the pan and attached the now new copper pipe to the existing tube with 5/8 transmission hose and hose clamps. So far its working well.

Sorry got busy as I purchased a new 2017 Tacoma Sport 6MT right after completing this!

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom