1995 fzj80 - Need a new Radiator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey ih8mud,

I just pulled my old radiator and need a new one. Not super concerned about price. Just want whats best for my 380,000 mile, fzj80. Got a new, blue fan clutch on the way. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for anyones time.

Ben

Cruiser corps has an OEM reproduction

here’s a couple part numbers also

1993-1994 FZJ80 Brass 3 row Radiator: 16400-66040 (will fit '95-'97 also)
1995-1997 FZJ80 2 row aluminum radiator: 16400-66081 (for reference)

Hey ih8mud,

I just pulled my old radiator and need a new one. Not super concerned about price. Just want whats best for my 380,000 mile, fzj80. Got a new, blue fan clutch on the way. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for anyones time.

Ben
Wizard Radiators my cheap $600 but quality all.the way and it fits!

Or consider TYC1918, more efficient than OE Toyota radiator.

What about installing one of these and letting us know if it is good? :)
🤣 I'm not a very good lab rat lol. I am also trying to spare my head gasket and strain. It need to work well, right away. 🤙

I installed 2 Denso's in 6 months, both seams leaked in different places. Got fed up with bargin priced Rad's and bought 1 from Toyota. So far so good.
Sometimes OEM is the best option. Good luck :)

based on what data??

A lot of the Arizona guys installed the TYC and saw around 10 degree drop in temp vs OEM radiators under the same conditions. This was the "Tools R Us" go-to radiator, which to me says a lot. The TYC cools the best of probably all of them (including OEM) other than the Ron Davis, but there's a 60/40 chance it will be damaged in shipping or have some other QC issue when it arrives. At $140, roll the dice. If you're not in a super-hot environment or don't have any temp trouble in general, OEM or Ron Davis would be the best choice for quality.

Only thing working against TYC is where it's manufactured, but that's not tech.
The reason I chose the Toyota/TRAD radiator was because it works in most situations, fit correctly, came with the foam, and just looked correct. FWIW

Last edited:
Go OEM and modify your fan clutch if you live in a year round hot location. Many threads on this or buy a pre modified clutch at wits end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom