1994 Toyota Pickup Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yotadude520

Mini-Truck Enthusiast
Threads
Hey everybody! Been a while since I posted here.

Two months ago I picked up a 1994 Toyota pickup (pre-tacoma) that I'm getting to build into a capable off road rig yet still a pleasantly mannered daily driver.

unnamed%203_zpstffakvo0.jpg
unnamed%204_zpsqjzkqmil.jpg
unnamed%205_zpsxjznvkkh.jpg
unnamed%206_zpsicbtsown.jpg

I was pretty stoked to have found it, and once I looked at it I was pretty blown away. She's not perfect, but a perfect candidate for a clean expedition/rock crawler build. I picked it up for a good price and finally brought her home!

unnamed_zpsymu6ocn3.jpg

This is what I was thinking as far as my build goes:

-1979-1985 Toyota Pickup SAS w/ 3" springs tokeep it on 33's
-Interior roll cage
-Front ARB bumper & winch
-Posi-Track in front, ARB Air locker in rear
-Custom bed rack or reinforce camper shell to support rooftop tent
-Custom roof rack with more exterior lights

That's pretty much my ideas for now, trying to keep it simple but capable.

Glad to be back in the IH8Mud community and look forward to my build!

Last edited:
Alright guys I'm back!

So I finally sold my CJ-7 and was able to put some money towards the Yota. Let's just say I splurged at 4Wheel Parts. I bought the ARB Bumper, a Warn M8000 Winch, the full trail gear SAS kit, trailgear rear lift kit (so it'll sit level) and some lights. I also was able to go out and get a SCREAMING deal on an axle out of a 1985 Toyota pickup - fully complete for only $420 bucks. :hillbilly:

unnamed%207_zpsu4ir9luk.jpg
unnamed%208_zpsruvaqlds.jpg

I'm still waiting on the lights, and both the trailgear kits but I was able to get my winch and the bumper earlier this week!

unnamed%2014_zpsd4ggsrqi.jpg

unnamed%2013_zpsgvcaimrs.jpg

After a little bit of work, I was able to get her on the same day!! I will say to anybody buying this bumper that the instructions that ARB gives you is GARBAGE. Not that it's a hard job, but they literally just give you a bag of hardware and say good luck!

Here's how she sits as of now:

unnamed%2017_zpsjbrqabdj.jpg

unnamed%2016_zpswozmj0hn.jpg

unnamed%2018_zpsld8fk8w8.jpg

Once I get the lights, I'll throw those on and eventually the TrailGear kits will be coming in and the SAS will begin!! :clap:

Nice! I'm about to cut into my truck as well! Fingers crossed that your SAS goes well! :cheers:

It's a big job man! I'm also doing the rear too so it'll be a lot of cutting and welding. I still have to rebuild the whole axle too so it's going to be a while. Good luck with yours too! Look forward to seeing the end result. :beer:

good luck with your build, hopefully you are planning on getting the vented rotor for your front end, they make a world of a difference braking with big tires.

good luck with your build, hopefully you are planning on getting the vented rotor for your front end, they make a world of a difference braking with big tires.

Thank you! And impressively enough the trail gear kit comes with vented rotors! Those guys seem to know what they're doing I tell ya

Have you started on the SAS and what kind of lift are you doing in the rear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom