1994 Dashboard removal ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 94 and my dash is cracked and I need somei info on removing it. Theres still something or some bolts holding it in place but I cant find them, any hidden or hard to see bolts anyone can think of. I searched but cant find any forums on dash removal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IIRC, @cruiserdan replaced the dash on his 93 some years ago. He may know a thing or two. ;)

I did a heater core in my 93 about 4 months ago. Such a major pain. The fsm helps but have fun... might as well do anything else back there while you are at it.

This is a list of stuff I did while in there.
Replaced antenna and ran new wire.
Replaced all dash bulbs
Added dynamat to firewall
Replaced steering column boot
wrapped wires on ecu that showed signs of rubbing.
Cleaned out blower motor
I am sure there are other things but that's all I can think of right now.

I have a 94 and my dash is cracked and I need somei info on removing it. Theres still something or some bolts holding it in place but I cant find them, any hidden or hard to see bolts anyone can think of. I searched but cant find any forums on dash removal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If you pop out the little tiny corner vent on the upper passenger side, their is a hidden bolt behind the vent. The vent pops out with a pocket screwdriver.

Also there are some metal tabs that are bent over to secure the pad along the front edge. They need to be straightened-out to get the pad off.

Thanks for the replys everyone and now I realize what a pain this is, I should have been a bit clearer, I just need to remove the foam pad or safety pad as its called in the fsm Voodu3 sent me(and not the entire dash). Cruiserdan, after your post I found the metal tabs that need to be straightened after I removed the glove box and found 3 or 4 cant remember. Is there a way to just removing the foam pad without having to remove the entire dash?

I removed the pad only. It was around 10 years ago and I do not remember every step.

I tried to remove just the pad but I couldn’t get to all of the tabs that go into the defrost vent area. I ended up pulling the whole dash out. If I remember correctly there may have been a bolt or screw too that had to be removed from the back of the dash to get the pad off too. FYI go ahead and pull your steering wheel it makes it a lot easier. At least it did for me. Good luck.

Dash Removed.jpg
I had to pull the entire dash to change the dash pad out. There are several twisted metal tabs that you need to untwist to release the pad from the dash. I could not see any other way to get at these tabs without complete removal. Major pain in the ass!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replys, I did not think I had to pull the entire dash but since im in pretty far mind as well finish it and replace a few bulbs that are out. I just hope I can remember and find where all the screws go.

Just pulled the dash on a 94. Definite pain in the neck but doable. Tthe fsm that was posted earlier im this thread helped alot. Hardest part for me were some random wiring connectons that are mounted to the dash such as the glove box light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom