For Sale 1990 Land Cruiser Diesel. Charlotte, North Carolina (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Asking Price: $13,500.00
A very rare find- 1990 Toyota Land Cruiser 2.4 Turbo-Diesel 4x4
This is a direct import from Japan ( right hand steering) perfect condition. 26MPG

Power:
2.4 Turbo diesel.
4x4 with a low range gear box
Locking hubs.
Control ride suspension.
Control ride transmission with sport mode.

Options:
Power windows, doors, mirrors, sunroof.
Heater/AC works great, heated windows, headlight washers.
For lights.

Condtion:
The truck is in perfect condition with only 90k original miles on it.
I drove it myself from Florida last week and I am driving it everyday- No problems whatsoever. Runs very smooth, and uses only 26MPG on highway at speeds of 70-80mph.
Tires are almost new.

This is a great buy not just for offroading, but also for daily driver vehicle.
Fully legal to drive and provided with NC Title.
No emissions inspection needed.
Call/text: 252-seven23-nine476
Call or text with serious offers only
The truck is in Charlotte, NC

1206151226_HDR.jpg

1206151226a.jpg

1206151226c.jpg

1206151227c.jpg

1206151227d.jpg

as he said. No one wants that heap of s*** here. Should have done some research before you imported a terd. You have two posts on this forum......

Not that I'm that interested, but what is the asking price for this old 2LTE powered "terd"?

Edit: never mind. Re read the post...

Japan auction sheet shows it was in a wreck with at least minor repair required. Should be in BJ70 | HZJ73 | HZJ75

GLWS

00184-2.jpg

Please see this as constructive criticism .....
"A very rare find" ..... That is a description that carries some weight on Ebay but not here.
"The truck is in perfect condition" ..... Much like the word rare, perfect condition is perhaps overused and may not apply in this situation.
"The 2L-TE" is an engine that has a somewhat checkered reputation and if your going to drive at speeds in the 80 mph range you better have AAA on speed dial.
The 'MUD group is very savvy and generally look after each other so if you have knowledge that the Cruiser was involved in a wreck, even a minor one, that should have been mentioned in your post.

Please see this as constructive criticism .....
"A very rare find" ..... That is a description that carries some weight on Ebay but not here.
"The truck is in perfect condition" ..... Much like the word rare, perfect condition is perhaps overused and may not apply in this situation.
"The 2L-TE" is an engine that has a somewhat checkered reputation and if your going to drive at speeds in the 80 mph range you better have AAA on speed dial.
The 'MUD group is very savvy and generally look after each other so if you have knowledge that the Cruiser was involved in a wreck, even a minor one, that should have been mentioned in your post.

Dear Michael, I appreciate you answering for Steve. I did not know that you work together.
Perhaps on this forum this truck is not a rare one, but since these were never sold in the US by Toyota, I think it is still a rare find.
As far as the condition, a truck with 90k miles with no rust which is 25 years of age is hard to come by, I am sure you know.
The 2L-TE is definitely not a 4.2, but it is a good starter truck for someone like me ( on a limited budget)
I appreciate you and Steve looking out for me, but it is just funny to see comments from my competitors who sell the same vehicles for much more money than I do.

I always thought that this forum is a somewhat cooperation between owners, sellers, and "knowledgeable people". However, turns out almost everybody here criticized my post

Good eye Steve,
Seems like you had to go through a lot to get that auction page out.
Not sure what was your intention...though

I'm looking at the auctions everyday, and when I see a truck being misrepresented, I feel obligated to inform the community if the seller does not. My only intention was to let potential buyers have as much information as possible as a "service" or "favor" to our community. Not trying to trash your thread or sale. This might be a perfectly fine truck that was properly repaired after being damaged. But it's something you should disclose.

Dear Michael, I appreciate you answering for Steve. I did not know that you work together.
Perhaps on this forum this truck is not a rare one, but since these were never sold in the US by Toyota, I think it is still a rare find.
As far as the condition, a truck with 90k miles with no rust which is 25 years of age is hard to come by, I am sure you know.
The 2L-TE is definitely not a 4.2, but it is a good starter truck for someone like me ( on a limited budget)
I appreciate you and Steve looking out for me, but it is just funny to see comments from my competitors who sell the same vehicles for much more money than I do.

I don't know who "Michael" is, but if you're referring to 1978HJ45, he's a long time member of this community just pointing out some information for you. I can't speak to the "turd" comments of others, not sure if that's just the general opinion of the LJ trucks by some?

I'm not trying to beat you up or hurt your sale, but if you're going to advertise in this very knowledgeable community, you should do so honestly.

Last edited:
@egor you have received some very straightforward and constructive criticism from two members - one of which is a reasonably well respected importer and the other (so called Michael) who has owned a truck with the engine in yours and knows what he speaks of.

There is a Charlotte area club, Olde North State Cruisers. You might want to come join us at some at one of our meetings. If the truck is as good as you represent it, there are members here that might be interested and/or would vouch for you and the truck.

The community here is very tight knit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom